GM/HC News, Updates, & Your Thoughts (THAT DO NOT WARRANT IT'S OWN THREAD)

Morrissey

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NY media assault begins.

So true!!!  Maccagnan was the Director of College Scouting who reported to HOU GM.  Why

in the world would he be an outgoing face of their organization???  He's part of the support

staff responsible for informing the GM.  Not setting policy

Houston has had some of the deepest talent in the AFC the past few years. They haven't put it together to make post-season runs, but they have had some stacked rosters over the years. Think about the OL they had for a while, the RB (Foster, Tate), the defensive front 7 and for a minute they had a great secondary. Coach health, QB health and WR were the weak spots in the years they fell down, then the secondary got crappy. Either way, they have flirted with building a beast down there. I at least feel good knowing the Jets are circling the wagon for the right teams.

Houston has had some of the deepest talent in the AFC the past few years. They haven't put it together to make post-season runs, but they have had some stacked rosters over the years. Think about the OL they had for a while, the RB (Foster, Tate), the defensive front 7 and for a minute they had a great secondary. Coach health, QB health and WR were the weak spots in the years they fell down, then the secondary got crappy. Either way, they have flirted with building a beast down there. I at least feel good knowing the Jets are circling the wagon for the right teams.

Eh.  It is better than poaching from sh*t teams, but how many guys are getting credit for success in Seattle?  In SF?  I heard that Gamble built that team.  This year it is McCloughan.  Never mind that all the beasts on that team were considered busts under Singletary and none of those guys were the GM.

Eh.  It is better than poaching from sh*t teams, but how many guys are getting credit for success in Seattle?  In SF?  I heard that Gamble built that team.  This year it is McCloughan.  Never mind that all the beasts on that team were considered busts under Singletary and none of those guys were the GM.

Sorry, I won't be optimistic anymore. :P

sqhyjd.png

What a sh*thead this wannabe insider is with his made up stories & sources...

CMART....you think any chance that Casserly is the 'de-facto' GM, and they are looking for a personnel guy to come in here, fix the scouting dept., run a couple of drafts, and then take over GM position in full in 2-3 years? Kind of like their own DeCosta? Or are they just doing a very thorough job in the process?

You didn't ask me, but I'd say it's highly unlikely. Casserly will turn 67 this year, and hasn't had a full time NFL job since 2006. I'm sure he enjoys being a part of these search teams but, when it's over, I'm sure he'll enjoy going back to semi-retirement and his cushy NFL Network job.

I think T0m actually likes a Maccagnan/Marrone GM/HC tandem.

Marrone has most of the qualities T0m looks for when he's scouring Craig's List for dominatrix services, so it's not surprising.

sqhyjd.png

What a sh*thead this wannabe insider is with his made up stories & sources...

He's gotten so over-the-top with this stuff, it's not even close to believable anymore. In light of Stuart Scott's passing, I can only think to myself... Stu knew exactly the type of man he wanted to be, both personally and professionally, and he did it. Unapologetically. It amazes me that Mehta can sleep at night. This is the legacy he wants to leave behind? This? Really?

CMART....you think any chance that Casserly is the 'de-facto' GM, and they are looking for a personnel guy to come in here, fix the scouting dept., run a couple of drafts, and then take over GM position in full in 2-3 years? Kind of like their own DeCosta? Or are they just doing a very thorough job in the process?

Woody hasn't returned my calls. I'd guess, no. JMO they're just doing a thorough process. Let's see if they bring anyone else in for a 2nd. JMO but I'd guess Wolf agreed with Casserly to at least bring Mr. M in initially.

This brings me back to a question I had a few days ago: can the Jets start hiring coordinators and their assistants without having a head coach in place? Bring in their match at GM for Quinn, and put his staff together while he wins another Super Bowl? Is that even allowed?

This brings me back to a question I had a few days ago: can the Jets start hiring coordinators and their assistants without having a head coach in place? Bring in their match at GM for Quinn, and put his staff together while he wins another Super Bowl? Is that even allowed?

The wink wink non deal the Jets don't have with Quinn while the Seahawks are still playing, I believe does allow them to bring in and sign deals with assistants that Quinn does not have on the list he did not give them

The Bears just hired Ryan Pace as their GM:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000455526/article/chicago-bears-hire-ryan-pace-as-general-manager

Chicago Bears hire Ryan Pace as general manager

• By Dan Hanzus
  • Around the NFL Writer
  • Published: Jan. 8, 2015 at 03:08 p.m.
  • Updated: Jan. 8, 2015 at 03:27 p.m.

The Chicago Bears announced Thursday that they have reached an agreement with Ryan Pace to become the team's new general manager.

Pace comes to Chicago after spending 14 seasons in the front office of the Saints, where he had a deep background in player personnel. He served as the director of player personnel in his final two seasons with New Orleans.

Pace is just the sixth general manager in team history. He replaces Phil Emery, who was fired one day after the Bears concluded a disappointing 5-11 season. Chicago missed the postseason in all three seasons Emery was in charge.

With Pace on board, the search for a replacement at head coach continues. The Bears interviewed Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase last Saturday and talked with Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn last Friday. Chicago has additionally scheduled an interview with Arizona defensive coordinator Todd Bowles and is expected to interview Mike Shanahan.

A major early decision for Pace will be how to move forward with quarterback Jay Cutler, whose huge contract extension signed last year was a key contributing factor in the GM job opening up in the first place.

The Bears retained former Giants GM Ernie Accorsi to serve as a consultant to help identify a general manager and coach. His job is halfway done.

@JasonLaCanfora: With Jets having a 2nd interview with well-supported GM candidate Mike Maccagnan wouldn't be surprised at all if he's hired this weekend

I'd imagine a bunch of hirings will happen late Sunday. Get your franchise on the back pages Monday morning.

I'd imagine a bunch of hirings will happen late Sunday. Get your franchise on the back pages Monday morning.

Pats play at 430, Seahawks at 8. We should know by the time the 'hawks kick off if we can root for them to lose so we can get our guy.

This really shows that the "Rex Tree" has absolutely no contacts on the offensive

side of the ball. Cavanaugh???? That's the best Pettine can do for an OC candidate???

Wow he's going from Shanahan to Cavanaugh. Talk about taking a major step backward.

Archived