Mort...Idzik gone, New GM could decide on Rex

AFJF

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those dudes just spent the last three days hanging out with Rex doing game prep. A few steaks at Mortons will turn you into anyone's best pal

But seriously after the second AFCG it's understandable that the Jets would take a step back.  Woody, LT, Tony Richardson, Braylon Edwards were all lost, and they did little to replace those parts.   Then Slausen and Brandon Moore were sent packing.  The deteriotion continued in subsequent years.  Then Idzik started dismantling the defense and failed to improve the offense.  So here we are.

regardless of what the talking heads say on this board, this is the right move. woodys job is to fire/hire a gm. that is it. period. then step away. let the gm decide what moves he wants to make. total control. if the new gm is worried about looking like a bad guy for firing incompetent people, than maybe this isn't the job for him. some jets fans will accept nothing less than a public caning of rex ryan.

And Rex is still under contract so they can keep him around for another year if they want.  Maybe we an even get a draft pick for him. 

I'd be shocked if Rex weren't fired by Woody.  The scenario cited above that the new GM decides is the worst possible scenario for Rex.  It could cost him a job with another team if gets fired 3 weeks from now after a new GM is hired. This not a realistic option, it makes no sense.  Either Woody keeps him or fires him.

I do not see the problem here. We hire a new GM and he makes the decision on whether we retain Rex or not.

No problem at all. Just hope if he's gonna be fired it's done quickly. I can easily see the new GM keeping Rex. Rex isn't the problem here. In fact he's one of the few good things in this organization now. Wonder if the Rex haters just want him fired immediately because they're worried the new GM will actually decide Rex is the best option.

No problem at all. Just hope if he's gonna be fired it's done quickly. I can easily see the new GM keeping Rex. Rex isn't the problem here. In fact he's one of the few good things in this organization now. Wonder if the Rex haters just want him fired immediately because they're worried the new GM will actually decide Rex is the best option.

I love this.  Hard drugs on a Sunday afternoon must be great.

Idiot Johnson is going to let Rex Ryan go for the hat trick of destroying GM's careers. The owner is a goddamn clueless sh*theel of epic proportions.

Rex has been saddled with two unqualified GMs, and if Woody inconceivably decided to keep him and fire Idzik this time around, there's no doubt that he'd end up with another unqualified GM. But Rex didn't ruin these guys' careers. They sucked on their own.

Idiot Johnson is going to let Rex Ryan go for the hat trick of destroying GM's careers. The owner is a goddamn clueless sh*theel of epic proportions.

I really wonder the role that Woody had in some of the bad decisions the Jets made over the past few years that have set this team back.  Such as:

Signing the retired Favre for 1 year 13

Signing Santonio Holmes for $24M guaranteed

Not signing Revis particularly the second time.

Letting Cromartie go

Letting Landry go

Not drafting Brandin Cooks, or Denard

Not signing Domanique Rodgers Cromartie (or other competent CB)

Some may not agree with all these, but I think the decisions were pivotal in making us what we are today, not just because of the decision itself, but the ripple effect of those decisions. 

Suspect all these 25 and under posters must work in Florham park. Enjoy your empty blacked out stadium in 2015, morons.

Rex Ryan is offensive poison. He is,as Arsis has told us, the Devil incarnate. A snake oil salesman selling you happy talk nonsense that ends badly.

So ifhe's brought back, figure Ryan would be on his 4th OC, his 3rd SC and his 3rd GM. He is the constant pile of dog sheet in the middle. 

And Robert Wood Johnson the 3rd AGAIN shows himself to be a f___ing idiot attempting to float this nonsense. 

Rex has been saddled with two unqualified GMs, and if Woody inconceivably decided to keep him and fire Idzik this time around, there's no doubt that he'd end up with another unqualified GM. But Rex didn't ruin these guys' careers. They sucked on their own.

Ins't that convenient. NOW IT'S ON THE GMs after being all buddy buddy with both of them, after both let him run roughshod over each every draft day. 

Obvious troll is a troll.  LOL @ this assertion.

Ins't that convenient. NOW IT'S ON THE GMs after being all buddy buddy with both of them, after both let him run roughshod over each every draft day.

100% speculation.

Even if it were true, letting Rex make the draft day calls would be part of their sucktitude. A quality GM makes the picks.

Suspect all these 25 and under posters must work in Florham park. Enjoy your empty blacked out stadium in 2015, morons.

Rex Ryan is offensive poison. He is,as Arsis has told us, the Devil incarnate. A snake oil salesman selling you happy talk nonsense that ends badly.

So ifhe's brought back, figure Ryan would be on his 4th OC, his 3rd SC and his 3rd GM. He is the constant pile of dog sheet in the middle.

And Robert Wood Johnson the 3rd AGAIN shows himself to be a f___ing idiot attempting to float this nonsense.

Ha thanks. "25 and under"? Reading that was almost like being carded at the liquor store. But you're over a decade off.

Though no need to worry just yet. I'd say odds are Rex is still gone. Even though news the past few days is looking more promising for Rex. I've been calling for letting the new GM make the decision. Hopefully this news is legit. Would show Woody knows what he's doing.

Ha thanks. "25 and under"? Reading that was almost like being carded at the liquor store. But you're over a decade off.

Though no need to worry just yet. I'd say odds are Rex is still gone. Even though news the past few days is looking more promising for Rex. I've been calling for letting the new GM make the decision. Hopefully this news is legit. Would show Woody knows what he's doing.

25 posts, Woody Johnson bootlicker. What news is more promising; there aren't any new videos of his wife banging random guys in a Home Depot parking lot while he watches with his lil'Johnson in hand? 

you understand this is just a bullsh*t article with no direct quotes, right ?  

likely and could

likely and could

I don't think this is accurate Slats. 

Tannenbaum was ok as a GM.  He actually did a decent job of putting the team together.   If anything, I think Rex accumulated too much power after his first and 2nd years as HC.  The Sanchez and "Tone" extensions had Rex fingerprints all over them.  Tannenbaum was not the one with the 6-car tattooed on his arm.  

Idzik is a bumbling idiot so no argument there. 

you understand this is just a bullsh*t article with no direct quotes, right ?  

likely and could

likely and could

True. But suspect this is Woody Johnson running a bad idea up the flagpole to see how the fan base reacts. And it would be a terrible mistake for this franchise. 

25 posts, Woody Johnson bootlicker. What news is more promising; there aren't any new videos of his wife banging random guys in a Home Depot parking lot while he watches with his lil'Johnson in hand? 

Really?  Who really cares about post counts?  I was on JI, but doesn't matter anyway. 

Now name calling and cheap shots at our HC on the other hand leads me to believe you're an under 20 (age) poster.

I don't think this is accurate Slats. 

Tannenbaum was ok as a GM.  He actually did a decent job of putting the team together.   If anything, I think Rex accumulated too much power after his first and 2nd years as HC.  The Sanchez and "Tone" extensions had Rex fingerprints all over them.  Tannenbaum was not the one with the 6-car tattooed on his arm.  

Idzik is a bumbling idiot so no argument there.

Again, speculation. And again, even if true, allowing Rex to have that kind of influence reflects poorly on the GM. Rex certainly wasn't in charge of the salary cap. Even if the head coach is in love with those guys, the GM needs to do the right thing with the contracts. The Sanchez extension came on the heels of Tanny's failed flirtation with Peyton, too.

This is all masturbation until we find a QB. Which is why its so amusing.

Want sustained success? go get a QB.  We haven't had a decent QB since Testeverde in 98

At least Tannenbaum tried several times, but Sanchez profiled as Akili Smith so what happened was predictable

Archived