Mort...Idzik gone, New GM could decide on Rex

AFJF

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really?  Who really cares about post counts?  I was on JI, but doesn't matter anyway. 

Now name calling and cheap shots at our HC on the other hand leads me to believe you're an under 20 (age) poster.

Rex Ryan is a fraud, fake phony tough guy. He has earned this firing. I hope that Idiot Johnson grasps this. 

We do need a QB, Almost everything else is 2nd place. But giving Ryan ANOTHER CHANCE would be throwing pearls to swine foolishness. 

its a passing league, at least I have been told. worst starting qb in the league, worst starting backfield in the league, worst wide reciving corps in the league. serious question here. how many wins did you expect rex to pull off?

The Jets don't have the worst anything on iffense in the league. The QB is bad, there has been worse. The running backs are solid, especially once they cut CJ and bring back Powell. The WRs aren't the best, for sure, but they're better than a number of teams. And they would be demonstrably better with a better QB.

The Jets don't have the worst anything on iffense in the league

would it be better if I had said bottom 3 in the league?

The running backs are solid, especially once they cut CJ and bring back Powell

were do you think the wins are coming from?

The WRs aren't the best, for sure, but they're better than a number of teams

name 4 teams that are clearly worse than the jets wr's

Rex Ryan is a fraud, fake phony tough guy. He has earned this firing. I hope that Idiot Johnson grasps this.

We do need a QB, Almost everything else is 2nd place. But giving Ryan ANOTHER CHANCE would be throwing pearls to swine foolishness.

Oh well, guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Watching today's game only shows how much this team plays for Rex. Get some decent players this off season and I believe Rex gives us the best chance to succeed.

Oh well, guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Watching today's game only shows how much this team plays for Rex. Get some decent players this off season and I believe Rex gives us the best chance to succeed.

This is crazy talk. Ryan is a joke. The idea that he could come back next year shows what a mess this franchise is. Let's hope the report is wrong and Ryan and Idzic are both gone.

"It's not about me, it's never been about me." - Rex Ryan, seriously.

That was a disgusting self-serving lie. Which means he fits right in with Idiot Johnson and Glatt and the whole collection of marketing morons who misdirect this debacle. 

to the very end Rex in game was beyond atrocious, needing a T.O because he was celebrating a big play, getting his QB smoked when he should've been handing off with 2 minutes left , and kicking a FG when it was literally the only way you could lose, ( a block return and an onside kick, yes a million to 1 but better chance than the zero it was otherwise )

Idzik likely out, new GM could decide Rex's fate.

Chris Mortnesen

John Idzik is expected to be fired by the New York Jets after two years as the team's general manager but Rex Ryan's fate as coach possibly could be decided by the GM who replaces Idzik, according to league sources.

Jets owner Woody Johnson could not be reached for comment and a team official says that Johnson has not internally revealed any decisions he is prepared to make.

Ryan cleaned out his desk this week at the Jets headquarters but sources say he has not been told he is out as the team's coach, despite his belief he is done.

While Johnson ultimately could make that decision, one source said the owner remains fond of Ryan and would prefer that Idzik's replacement make the call on the coach. The source did speculate that Ryan could try to persuade Johnson not to leave him in a state of indecision.

Aside from Idzik's imminent ouster, Johnson also is considering other changes in the personnel department, sources said.

To help, Ron Wolf is joining the Jets as a consultant in the likely event that the team is searching for a new coach and/or GM, a league source said. Johnson had already lined up Charley Casserly as a consultant.

ESPN.com's Rich Cimini contributed to this report.

Only thing worse than forcing your HC on a new GM, .... Forcing the new guy in town to fire him. Woody is an idiot.

I love Ryan-he is a great defensive coach and anything we get to replace him will be step down. I am not sure is a great HC and have questioned his in game decisions. That being said, given the paucity of HC talent available, the lack of front office support this year, the force feeding of a QB thrust upon him I would say let a new GM decide his fate. 

Idzik likely out, new GM could decide Rex's fate.

Chris Mortnesen

John Idzik is expected to be fired by the New York Jets after two years as the team's general manager but Rex Ryan's fate as coach possibly could be decided by the GM who replaces Idzik, according to league sources.

Jets owner Woody Johnson could not be reached for comment and a team official says that Johnson has not internally revealed any decisions he is prepared to make.

Ryan cleaned out his desk this week at the Jets headquarters but sources say he has not been told he is out as the team's coach, despite his belief he is done.

While Johnson ultimately could make that decision, one source said the owner remains fond of Ryan and would prefer that Idzik's replacement make the call on the coach. The source did speculate that Ryan could try to persuade Johnson not to leave him in a state of indecision.

Aside from Idzik's imminent ouster, Johnson also is considering other changes in the personnel department, sources said.

To help, Ron Wolf is joining the Jets as a consultant in the likely event that the team is searching for a new coach and/or GM, a league source said. Johnson had already lined up Charley Casserly as a consultant.

ESPN.com's Rich Cimini contributed to this report.

Rex, the Puppet Master.

I love Ryan-he is a great defensive coach and anything we get to replace him will be step down. I am not sure is a great HC and have questioned his in game decisions. That being said, given the paucity of HC talent available, the lack of front office support this year, the force feeding of a QB thrust upon him I would say let a new GM decide his fate. 

You don't think Dan Quinn is a better DC than Rex, even after last year's Super Bowl?  Where are Rex's Super Bowls?

The fact that Rex's ouster might not be a foregone conclusion sickens me. Turn the friggin' page, Woody.

the fact idzik didn't extend him in the locker room is all you need to know right now

it means woody is letting everyone fly home before he makes his move(s)

Archived