Mort...Idzik gone, New GM could decide on Rex

AFJF

The team lacks talent because of a clueless front office..starting at the top with Woody. I didn't realize Rex was the GM as well making all of these so called high draft picks.

I get it..you all need someone to blame. I for one will miss Rex. He got his practice squad level team to play hard in be in plenty of games this year they had no business being in with a disaster of a QB and no secondary whatsoever.

Please name some head coaches you feel would've been successful with this team.

Any NFL head coach that believes in discipline and accountability would have gone 8-8 with this team.

Darrelle Revis mouths off, Belichick benches him. Geno Smith misses a team meeting, Ryan defends him. If Mike Tomlin is sitting at 3-12 not a player in Pittsburgh would dare say how they are the 'best 3-12 team in NFL history' and how much 'I love Coach Tomlin' because he'd be riding their asses day and night until they performed.

Rex Ryan is The Devil. He took Herman Edwards Career Preservation Strategy to new heights, look at how he has fooled you with his Brooklyn charm and his "of the people" blue-collar demeanor. He's a lousy coach, he's running an obsolete philosophy, he's never made a halftime adjustment in his life, he pumps his players up, he creates a country-club atmosphere, he's a loser and he empowers a loser mentality.

You were duped. Just admit it. It's okay. Thousands of you were. You can come home now.

SAR I

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It isn't a fact the Jets went to back to back AFC Championship games?

The Jets went to back-to-back AFC Championship Games because Mike Tannenbaum, in an effort to sell PSL's in a new stadium, loaded up the roster with high quality free agents starting in the Mangini era and before Ryan had any front office influence. Once Rex Ryan put his stamp on this roster we went downhill fast, he scapegoated Sanchez, he scapegoated Tannenbaum, he loaded up his defense with bust picks, he starved the offense of youth, he set us back a decade.

You were duped. Rusty Staub had Mets fans fooled too, they had posters in their rooms and everything.

SAR I

You "didn't realize Rex was the GM" is a monumentally stupid remark to make after you just implied that Woody, the owner, is responsible for the lack of talent on the team.

So, by your logic, the GM and Owner are more responsible for player personnel than the GM and Coach.

I bet that seems smart to you.

The owner has to hire qualified personnel in order to put together any sort of formidable team. But I bet since you are so quick and witty on the interwebz you knew that already.

The owner is clueless. Hires an accountant. The accountant doesn't put a team together, instead takes a bath with $21 million dollars in cap room. Head coach left out to dry. Let's blame Rex for arguments sake, and so I can feel as though I have conquered the message boards. Anti-Rex guys..give it up. No team sitting on that much cap space with a joke of a roster will be successful. I don't care who the coach is.

You two carry on...LOLZ

The Jets went to back-to-back AFC Championship Games because Mike Tannenbaum, in an effort to sell PSL's in a new stadium, loaded up the roster with high quality free agents starting in the Mangini era and before Ryan had any front office influence. Once Rex Ryan put his stamp on this roster we went downhill fast, he scapegoated Sanchez, he scapegoated Tannenbaum, he loaded up his defense with bust picks, he starved the offense of youth, he set us back a decade.You were duped. Rusty Staub had Mets fans fooled too, they had posters in their rooms and everything.SAR I

We get it. You have a certain schtick to hold up here. You were boring on JI and that hasn't changed.

We were all duped. Rex had a roster full of pro bowlers and sh*t the bed.

It isn't a fact the Jets went to back to back AFC Championship games?

I'm supposed to have a conversation with a grown man that says "lol"?

That about sums up your credibility. LOLZ

Tell me more about this credibility you speak of.

The owner has to hire qualified personnel in order to put together any sort of formidable team. But I bet since you are so quick and witty on the interwebz you knew that already.

The owner is clueless. Hires an accountant. The accountant doesn't put a team together, instead takes a bath with $21 million dollars in cap room. Head coach left out to dry. Let's blame Rex for arguments sake, and so I can feel as though I have conquered the message boards. Anti-Rex guys..give it up. No team sitting on that much cap space with a joke of a roster will be successful. I don't care who the coach is.

You two carry on...LOLZ

"Anti-Rex guys..."

Ghey.

We get it. You have a certain schtick to hold up here. You were boring on JI and that hasn't changed.

We were all duped. Rex had a roster full of pro bowlers and sh*t the bed.

Yeah, when you can't win an argument it's all "schtick" and it's all "JI and the past".

Rex Ryan played you for a fool. Don't feel bad; you weren't alone. Tomorrow we begin a new chapter, a chapter where perhaps we'll get a real head coach and not another defensive coordinator pretending to be one.

SAR I

After reading about half this whole thread, I have one question:  Does anyone think there might be something behind Woody's decision to let the new GM decide to keep or fire Rex?  Like maybe one or more of the names Caserly or Wolf might have thrown out to Woody may have worked successfully with Rex in the past, and Rex might well be on their list of top choices?  Not saying Rex is going to be retained, but the coaching fraternity is a small one, and Rex has grown up in the middle of it.  There are a lot of people around the league in decision making capacities who know Rex.  Let the GM decide.

I am not knocking anyone but Dan Quinn and Todd Bowles both appear to be fine DCs. Don't know enough about the talent they are working with. Did either one coach without  CBs who are not NFL quality? Just believe Rex covered the deficiencies with fine schemes and limited talent.

Rex had CBs in 2009-2010 and did not win.  IN fact, he lost because his D failed.  My point is that Quinn's D succeeded big time when it counted.

Now Mort is saying Rex won't be hanging around...

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport 50s51 seconds ago

Jets owner Woody Johnson will move swiftly Monday to fire both John Idzik and Rex Ryan, per sources. Johnson won't keep Ryan hanging on fate

Good

DO IT MR J

one other thing Woody...if you are reading jetnation, please do NOT follow any of the hare brained suggestions of the noob who wants you to bring in that long list of old timers and retirees as replacements.

Having watched the three hour CBS "Keep WRECKS" telethon yesterday from 1-4 pm, I find the continued all night battle waged here at JN fairly tiring

The deed is done

As SAR and others can attest, I was a Rex defender once too. But it is time for him to go and time for Woody to use real football people to find a real football GM and for that guy to hire a HC he wants and can work with

I don't really care if Rex gets a job as a HC tomorrow or never frankly. I only care about the future of the Jets .

And that future will be intensely brighter later today after the departure of Idzik and Rex is officially final

Yeah, when you can't win an argument it's all "schtick" and it's all "JI and the past".

Rex Ryan played you for a fool. Don't feel bad; you weren't alone. Tomorrow we begin a new chapter, a chapter where perhaps we'll get a real head coach and not another defensive coordinator pretending to be one.

SAR I

Yay..I won an argument on the interwebz. I'm intellectually superior due to my rhetoric and signing each post with my online handle. I talk a lot of sh*t therefore I win.

Sorry boss..your small peen syndrome has you thinking you're bigger than you are. You're still the same tool you've been for years.

Keep winning those online battles though!

Having watched the three hour CBS "Keep WRECKS" telethon yesterday from 1-4 pm, I find the continued all night battle waged here at JN fairly tiring

The deed is done

As SAR and others can attest, I was a Rex defender once too. But it is time for him to go and time for Woody to use real football people to find a real football GM and for that guy to hire a HC he wants and can work with

I don't really care if Rex gets a job as a HC tomorrow or never frankly. I only care about the future of the Jets .

And that future will be intensely brighter later today after the departure of Idzik and Rex is officially final

^

This.

This team lacks talent BECAUSE of Rex Ryan. Get it?

He was extremely involved in player personnel, he runs an archaic system that hasn't worked since 1985, and you can count on three fingers the amount of NFL caliber players Rex has developed despite all the high draft picks, draft picks wasted on defense where he still can't get a big stop to win a game.

You were fooled. You can just admit it and move on. Fighting it only makes it worse.

"Show me where Rex was responsible for 12 losses this season." That has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard a Jets fan say.

SAR I

so in reality Rex was 4-0 this year not 4-12….I think one of us alert the NFL so his record gets adjusted.

The deed is done

The idea of not firing Rex today is just absolutely awful.  There are so many reasons not to keep Rex and very few to do so...

If the new GM really wanted Rex he can re-hire him. 

Yay..I won an argument on the interwebz. I'm intellectually superior due to my rhetoric and signing each post with my online handle. I talk a lot of sh*t therefore I win.

Sorry boss..your small peen syndrome has you thinking you're bigger than you are. You're still the same tool you've been for years.

Keep winning those online battles though!

Who's better: Rex or Marcin Gortat?

Archived