Geno had a perfect passer rating

Blackout

We still have Geno under contract and there are no viable options available in FA and we may not land a top QB in the draft. Nothing wrong with Geno doing well and possibly being part of a group of guys fighting for PT next season. 

Don't get me wrong, i do NOT think he is answer but we will have a new GM and new coach and new OC who won't be tied to Geno. If Geno somehow wins the job next year its because he earned it and not because Idzik was trying to justify his pick or because Rex is too loyal to his guys. 

another offseason of we think he's improving until the games actually mean something. Still had horrendous fumble and almost fumbled again at the end when it could have given dolphins another chance.

Do that when it counts. That's all I was thinking all day. He's a BUST, and I never any that about a player after 2 years. But Hill made me say it and now Geno.

Nice job scouting department.

We still have Geno under contract and there are no viable options available in FA and we may not land a top QB in the draft. Nothing wrong with Geno doing well and possibly being part of a group of guys fighting for PT next season. 

Don't get me wrong, i do NOT think he is answer but we will have a new GM and new coach and new OC who won't be tied to Geno. If Geno somehow wins the job next year its because he earned it and not because Idzik was trying to justify his pick or because Rex is too loyal to his guys. 

+1

even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while, Geno has showed enough over the past 2 seasons for us to close the book on him. If he is still the "starter" or even on the team next year under a new regime I would be shocked 

even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while, Geno has showed enough over the past 2 seasons for us to close the book on him. If he is still the "starter" or even on the team next year under a new regime I would be shocked 

I hate that saying. Because its just a lame excuse for raining on someone's parade. That and the broken clock.

even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while

That was the exact phrase that came to my mind when I saw that Geno put up a perfect QB rating. 

Seriously, the guy isn't a good QB.  His good play today was as much on the poor performance of a Dolphins team that had packed it in for the year than it was on Geno.  That's not to say that Geno didn't play well, because he did, but we've seen enough over two seasons now to have serious doubts about his ability to be a "franchise" QB.

What pressure?  What important games has Geno played in? I mean, really important.

Every game is important, you have 16 games a year every single one has a level of importance. Though I would like you to answer this question honestly.  When you have the game on the line and the ball is in Geno's hands do you cringe when he steps back to throw? I know I do

Every game is important, you have 16 games a year every single one has a level of importance. Though I would like you to answer this question honestly.  When you have the game on the line and the ball is in Geno's hands do you cringe when he steps back to throw? I know I do

Depends on the game. He's hot and cold. When Sanchez had the ball against Dallas, I would have cringed because there's enough of a record on him.

Great lets trade him while his stock is hot, Maybe Tampa wants a taste of perfection!

EXACTLY. get a mid round pick - 3 or 4. Spin it like 'we don't have anything against him - we just feel he will be better off starting fresh with another team and we want to start fresh under a new regime.'   SUCKERS

Let's hold off on the Invocation to Canton here. Geno had 1 good game in how many so far. He threw up a bunch of ducks that luckily fell into receiver's hands instead of being intercepted. Anyone who thinks this game erases all memories of Geno being terrible is clearly smoking something.

Bottom line, Geno sucks and to hang your hat on Geno making a miraculous turnaround is to hang yourself for next season. Geno has to go...maybe a backup QB but not a starter.

LL

Let's hold off on the Invocation to Canton here. Geno had 1 good game in how many so far. He threw up a bunch of ducks that luckily fell into receiver's hands instead of being intercepted. Anyone who thinks this game erases all memories of Geno being terrible is clearly smoking something.

Bottom line, Geno sucks and to hang your hat on Geno making a miraculous turnaround is to hang yourself for next season. Geno has to go...maybe a backup QB but not a starter.

LL

You can't keep bringing up stuff like a 2 for 8 with 3 int game from six years ago. This game against a checked out team is OBVIOUSLY the REAL Geno. 

Jets QB Geno Smith skips team meeting on Monday

Igor Mello / CBSSports.com

December 29, 2014 02:22 PM

Just a day removed from throwing a perfect game and leading his team to a season-finale win over Miami, Jets quarterback Geno Smith skipped a team meeting just hours after the team parted ways with general manager John Idzik and coach Rex Ryan on Monday, reports Jason Cole of Bleacher Report. The reasoning for his absence was not made public.

Smith completed 20 of 25 passes for 358 yards and three touchdowns in a 37-24 victory over Miami, sending Ryan out as a winner. Earlier in the week, he indicated that a coaching change "could be good for us all," and that he sees himself as the starting quarterback for the Jets for a "long time." Smith, the 39th overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, finished the season with 13 touchdown passes and 13 interceptions and 2,502 passing yards.

Maybe he injured himself patting himself on the back and jumping on.WRECKs back to celebrate leading the Jets to a solid 3 win, 11 loss record in his starts and a bottom two quarterback ranking

Hopefully the new GM wastes no time booting this loser piece of garbage off the roster for good

Archived