With the 6th pick in the 2015 NFL draft the NY Jets select........

joewilly12

BPA available at 6 is most likely is Brandon Scherff.  But without looking up cap hit ramifications/possibilities for our current tackles, I don't know whether it makes sense.  A pick this high should start and contribute immediately as Scherff will most definitely do for whichever team selects him.  

BPA available at 6 is most likely is Brandon Scherff. But without looking up cap hit ramifications/possibilities for our current tackles, I don't know whether it makes sense. A pick this high should start and contribute immediately as Scherff will most definitely do for whichever team selects him.

If there is a good enough OT at 6 and he's the BPA, you can put him at RT and kick Breno inside to guard because Colon isn't coming back. Brick will have to be replaced eventually as well.

BPA available at 6 is most likely is Brandon Scherff. But without looking up cap hit ramifications/possibilities for our current tackles, I don't know whether it makes sense. A pick this high should start and contribute immediately as Scherff will most definitely do for whichever team selects him.

+1

Signing Iupati in free agency and drafting Scherff puts this offensive line back in elite territory.

Sign me up.

If there is a good enough OT at 6 and he's the BPA, you can put him at RT and kick Breno inside to guard because Colon isn't coming back. Brick will have to be replaced eventually as well.

Yeah, I noodled with that but had no clue how Breno would play inside.  Colon will not be back under any circumstances.  Good idea, Crazy.

+1

Signing Iupati in free agency and drafting Scherff puts this offensive line back in elite territory.

Sign me up.

Nice.  We have the $$$, and in one swipe of the brush can upgrade the OL exponentially.  Having an OL that stacks up to our DL would be a sweet start.

Best OL or WR available.

Is that WR from WV -White- viable at #6? Isn't he like 6'5"?

Might not seem viable right now but once that pre-draft process and combine get going guys are going to shoot up into the top of the draft that no one thought. (See Odell Beckham last year)

It will all depend on FA signings...we have to sign a FA QB or no FA will sign with us

Assuming the QBs and cooper are gone, I'd prefer a stud OLB. Any worth that spot?

This thread has soo many "what ifs"...what defense will we be running?

Shane Ray from Missouri looks like a top 10 pick. He is a pass rushing OLB. Looks pretty darn good.

Shane Ray from Missouri looks like a top 10 pick. He is a pass rushing OLB. Looks pretty darn good.

As much as that is a MATERIAL NEED, today's NFL mandates that Offense wins games. Having so grossly neglected the offense in the draft FOR YEARS, the Jets SIMPLY can't afford to pass up the opportunity to draft an ELITE Offensive player @#6 - our past draft history be damned!

Best OL or WR available.

Is that WR from WV -White- viable at #6? Isn't he like 6'5"?

He is very viable at 6. Could be the best WR prospect when all is said and done. Size, speed, and great route running combo that warrants a top 10 pick. I would prefer him to Cooper. JEts already have a Cooper on the team. His name is Percy Marvin.

As much as that is a MATERIAL NEED, today's NFL mandates that Offense wins games. Having so grossly neglected the offense in the draft FOR YEARS, the Jets SIMPLY can't afford to pass up the opportunity to draft an ELITE Offensive player @#6 - our past draft history be damned!

Hopefully the Jets do well enough in free agency to pick BPA.

Not buying that theory. There are certain positions on the football field that vastly improve a team..pass rushing OLB is one of them. We ain't getting elite offense at 6 unless 3 individuals fall to us, which isn't likely.

The defense sucks, too. Lets not forget that.

BTW, if Washington does select Winston, the Jets are going to start to inquire about RGIII (regardless of whether it is a good thing or a bad thing). 

With Winston looking like the sexual assault not going anywhere, will be taken 1st or 2nd.  Washington will not be in play. I think Gruden makes a play for McCoy to stay and compete with RG3.  The next 4 months we are going to hear a bunch of yes sir and no sirs from Winston. He will be wearing a suit if he is not in shorts working out, and will attend mass more frequently than a nun.

He will be the anti manziel/Geno.  He won't have the eagle scout badge of Marriota but he will come across as a kid ready to be a pro. He is probably hoping for Nashville as it is very close to home.

If the new coach brings in a 4-3, I think he would be a great fit as the strong side backer. He is not Mack or Von Miller but won't be far behind. Beasley too, but he will need to go on the weak side.

Brandon Scherff, OL, Iowa...Scherff, a 6-foot-5, 320-pound senior offensive lineman, Scherff was the recipient of the team's Roy. J. Carver Offensive Most Valuable Player and Team Hustle awards last season.

(We wiffed on Zack Martin last year)

Who is Washington and Oakland taking that would affect us? 

Washington needs Oline - Scherff is gone. 

Oakland in a NO Brainer is taking Cooper. 

No one is taking Winston before us- Hes is still the guy that would be linked to us or Connor Cook. With Winstons red flags there is no way in hell Tennesee or Washington would take him. 

Seriously, this is our guy

you guys are going to raise me on your internet shoulders and proclaim that I'm the best internet scout you've ever interacted with. 

You'll call him "Sheriff" which is cool.  It's kinda a play on words, but not really.  But I'm going to be two shades of clever.  I'm going to start off calling him "pancake," then, two weeks into the season, I'll name him IHOP.  You'll all join in.  IHOP is going to be incredible. 

Archived