It's official. Woody: Rex and Idzik are fired.

F.Chowds

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Johnson Official Statement on Idzik and Ryan

Posted 4 minutes ago

•  
  •  
Statement from New York Jets Chairman & CEO Woody Johnson

122914-woody-statement2.jpg

After extensive thought and reflection about the current state of our football team, this morning I informed Rex Ryan and John Idzik that they will not be returning for the 2015 season. Both Rex and John made significant contributions to the team, and they have my appreciation and gratitude for their efforts and commitment. Over the years, Rex brought the Jets a bold confidence and a couple of great post-season runs, which all of us will remember.

I am beginning our search for new football leadership, effective immediately, with guidance and support from respected football experts, including Charley Casserly and Ron Wolf, two Super Bowl winners with decades of valuable experience.

We will consider all options to improve the Jets.

After extensive thought and reflection about the current state of our football team, this morning I informed Rex Ryan and John Idzik that they will not be returning for the 2015 season. Both Rex and John made significant contributions to the team, and they have my appreciation and gratitude for their efforts and commitment. Over the years, Rex brought the Jets a bold confidence and a couple of great post-season runs, which all of us will remember.

I am beginning our search for new football leadership, effective immediately, with guidance and support from respected football experts, including Charley Casserly and Ron Wolf, two Super Bowl winners with decades of valuable experience.

Getting the Jets back on track is my top priority, and today’s decisions are important steps towards achieving our goals.

<p>

Posted 4 minutes ago

Nice!

<p>

Posted 4 minutes ago

Unapologetic, as it should be. Hopefully less infighting with a new regime.

Archived