It's official. Woody: Rex and Idzik are fired.

F.Chowds

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Idzik was the worst thing that ever happened to this franchise.

Correct a mundo. He undermined Rex deliberately and that will be his ultimate undoing when trying to find another job in the NFL. He may be a good bean counter but he will never get close to being a personnel guy again. I hope he knows how to sell houses or insurance.

Correct a mundo. He undermined Rex deliberately and that will be his ultimate undoing when trying to find another job in the NFL. He may be a good bean counter but he will never get close to being a personnel guy again. I hope he knows how to sell houses or insurance.

Idzik will be selling mattresses at Sleepys in North Jersey

Exactly right, when you say good bye to your GM and Head Coach you're giving the next GM/HC three years at least to have success.  That means if the Jets go 2 and 14 next year and 6 and 10 the following and 8 and 8 the following we'll have to live with it. 

Especially in the Jets situation.  A history of losing, a history of terrible drafting, a history of failing at QB, 2nd fiddle to the Giants.   The roster is paper thin, they have no QB, there are much more attractive jobs on the market.  It could get worse before it gets better, as much as people dont want to admit it...by no means does cleaning house equal success. 

Yeah, like for example, the three coaches let go today. Rex, Harbaugh, and Mike Smith. It took all of them three years to make their teams relevant. None of them were in the playoffs the very next year or anything.

Yeah and it took San Francisco 8 years of losing after Mariucci to find Harbaugh.  I fear we're in for a lot of bad years before we become a competent team again.  Tannenbaum destroyed the offense, Idzik destroyed the defense and Woody destroyed the coaching staff.  We're starting from 4 and 12 and we may take a step back.  We could be a long way from 8 and 8. 

Sad.

Hope he gets another HC job and wins the Superbowl. Great guy. Took us as close as anyone since we won the ******* thing, twice. 

**** Idzik though. Travesty of an appointment. 

Jets need to win a SB. F*CK Rex. I'll tell you what's sad. Having to watch the Jets descend into a sub.500 team while all the while KNOWING that it was Rex's incompetence that was at the forefront. Iggy knew it too, but he went about getting rid of him all wrong and he paid the price as well. I guess he thought Woody Johnson could be snowed by B.S. Wrong guess.

You're using examples of 3 guys who just got fired. lmfao

I'm well aware. It's just funny how you said firing a coach is waving a white flag and signing up for three years of mediocrity, which is obviously just straight up bullsh*t as every coach fired today had initial success that completely contradicts your post,

There are others as well. John Harbaugh, Mike Tomlin, John Fox, Mike McCoy, Chip Kelly, Sean Payton, Jim Caldwell. Do you need me to go on?

Yeah and it took San Francisco 8 years of losing after Mariucci to find Harbaugh.  I fear we're in for a lot of bad years before we become a competent team again.  Tannenbaum destroyed the offense, Idzik destroyed the defense and Woody destroyed the coaching staff.  We're starting from 4 and 12 and we may take a step back.  We could be a long way from 8 and 8. 

It's a new day here man. Take your gloom and doom far, far away and never return.

That smug A hole got his just due.  Imagine if we had Domanique Rogers Cromartie and Revis as our DBs, one other competent receiver and a journeyman QB.  We could have done that, but chose not to.  If we had made those changes we wouldn't have been 4 and 12 and we'd still have tons of cap room.  Idzik deserved this, it's unfortunate he took others with him.

I'm not a huge Geno supporter but there is no way in hell that Sanchez is accurate enough to ever have a game like Geno just had yesterday! Amaro even dropped a pass right in his hands!

Genos still learning & think he can get better.

Do I want him starting? No, but the dude has proven you can sit him down & he can bounce back, that's a good thing to have at backup

Geno Smith.

Two Years.

28 games of pure, distilled, sh*t.

4 (or so) games of great play.

Sorry, no.

Not good enough.

He should be demoted to #3 and have to win his way back up vs. legitimate competition (at best) or cut (at worst).

Sad day.  Rex was the best thing to happen to this franchise in a long long time.  I'll always remember and appreciate the great seasons we had under Rex. Definitely the most exciting years of my time following this team.  2009 was awesome and 2010 was hands down the most exciting season I've ever watched.  It's by far the most memorable season of my life.

This is a mistake and we'll probably never have such a talented Head Coach but at least this time Woody did it right and fired everyone to start over with a clean slate.  Damn shame it had to come to this but I look forward to the future! 

2009 and 2010 were great runs.   The excitement of getting ready to watch a playoff game and believe we had a chance to win was awesome.   Beating NE at NE after the ass-raping a few weeks earlier was one of the greatest wins in franchise history.   

It really sucks that we've gone from preparing for a playoff run to cheering for the firing of HC + GM.    This brings me back to the 80's and 90's where the new HC and draft picks were all we had to look forward to. 

Harbaugh sure, he's got a NFC title to show for it...a whole 1 game better than Rex....but Mike Smith?  No.  Not at all.

Really??? 1 game better?   Rex , in 6 years has ONE season of double digit wins and is so far below 500 you cant see botom.

Harbaugh as an NFL coach is way above 500.

agree, but will new defense guy be able to design weekly schemes? Rex needed to go cause he fractured team by not embracing whole squad (his Dads downfall in philly), but as Brady admitted, he threw tuffest schemes at Pats over any other DC,,

so while as u say many parts in place and we lost many 1 score games, will we be as innovative and good on defense without the schemes?

I met Jeremy Kerley and Bilal Powell last year at an event.  Got to spend some decent time with them.  Powell told me he would run through walls for Rex and Jeremy vehemently agreed, so where is this fracture you speak about. 

Thank God. I was worried that yesterday's win might let Rex linger around a while longer, at least until a new GM was hired. It's time for a fresh start with sharp football minds firmly in control.

Im thinking of the scene in Hard Knocks watching REX and Tanny ger extensions after the 2009 season. Both behaved like children getting an increase in the allowance.

I met Jeremy Kerley and Bilal Powell last year at an event.  Got to spend some decent time with them.  Powell told me he would run through walls for Rex and Jeremy vehemently agreed, so where is this fracture you speak about. 

They can run through all the walls they want in January..plenty of free time.

The Browns are relevant?

The Head Coach/GM switches around the league havent been too kind to teams over the past few years.  Jim Harbaugh had some quick success and in a bizarre situation is a goner.  Carroll took 4 years to get it right and was looking like quite the joke before finding Wilson. The other Harbaugh has had success but it took him 5 years to get it done and he took over a team from a very well run organization.  

Every other HC/GM change has either been a disaster or didnt do much of a difference for other teams.  I'm not saying you dont make wholesale sweeping changes because of that but the whole process hasnt been very helpful for other teams.  And this is the Jets.  I expect nothing short of a disaster but if for some reason it isnt, then it still going to take a few years.  Especially consider the biggest issue of all....the QB.  If this regime cant fix that, then this was all for nothing. 

The Browns are in the exact situation we were in.  Solid defense, offensive line, and an OK running game.  In need of a QB.  Basically no difference.

I'm well aware. It's just funny how you said firing a coach is waving a white flag and signing up for three years of mediocrity, which is obviously just straight up bullsh*t as every coach fired today had initial success that completely contradicts your post,

There are others as well. John Harbaugh, Mike Tomlin, John Fox, Mike McCoy, Chip Kelly, Sean Payton, Jim Caldwell. Do you need me to go on?

I mentioned John.  Fox was 8-8 and that team sucked until Manning.  Tomlin took over a Super Bowl winning team and that was 8 years ago.  Mike McCoy got bounced first round and then missed the playoffs.  Chip Kelly got bounced first round and then missed the playoffs. Sean Payton was 8 years ago, they got bounced first round, went under .500, .500 and then got back into the playoffs. Jim Caldwell, good point.  Overall, your examples arent very strong and havent really proved your point.  At all.  And...all of them had a QB too.

On the flip side: how did Lovie Smith do this year?  Jay Gruden? Ken Whisenhut? Mike Pettine? Bill O'Brien? Mike Zimmer? 

Or how about the years before: Doug Marrone? Marc Trestman? Dennis Allen? Andy Reid? Gus Bradley? Jeff Fisher? 

History isnt kind my friend.  Rex's run his first 2 season, isnt the norm.  Hope we're different but this team sucks something awful so I highly doubt it. 

Really??? 1 game better?   Rex , in 6 years has ONE season of double digit wins and is so far below 500 you cant see botom.

Harbaugh as an NFL coach is way above 500.

He is 4 games below .500,  before the season he was 8 games above.  Compare that with other Jets coaches over their history and you'll find the only coach over .500 was Parcells who was here only 3 years.  At the 3 year point Rex had a better record to Parcells till they started deconstructing the team.

Rex can eat a dick. Good lord the passive aggressiveness here. Dude choked when we were a step away from the Super Bowl for two years straight and then went full ******* clown shoes between the Thanksgiving game and not knowing how to manage time outs and Santonio Holmes and feet and good lord I could go on forever with this. Good riddance. Bring in a dude who's a professional and has the balls to hold his players accountable. Anyone who is satisfied with his 6 years at the helm needs their head examined because this is some serious Stockholm Syndrome sh*t.

The Browns are in the exact situation we were in.  Solid defense, offensive line, and an OK running game.  In need of a QB.  Basically no difference.

Meaning, they suck.  So how are they relevant again? 

You guy's are cute and I dont want to be a debbie downer.  I'm just trying to provide some perspective.  While celebrating a cleaning of the house is fun, its not a good thing to be in this position and it typically takes a few years to get it right.  This roster, is terrible, thinking that someone is going to come in and have immediate success is very far fetched. 

Especially in the Jets situation.  A history of losing, a history of terrible drafting, a history of failing at QB, 2nd fiddle to the Giants.   The roster is paper thin, they have no QB, there are much more attractive jobs on the market.  It could get worse before it gets better, as much as people dont want to admit it...by no means does cleaning house equal success. 

The last three Jets' head coaches made the playoffs in their first year.

The Jets have a high pick and a lot of cap room. A new regime could look to trade Mo Wilk rather than pay him, which would add to the number (or positioning) of their picks, and their cap room. They have enough resources to turn around quickly. They had more than enough this year, too, which is why John Idzik was fired. The only thing that might hold them back from a fast bounce back is the QB position.

It comes down to Casserly and Wolf finding the right guys, and Woody being able to hire them and then stay out of their way.

Archived