It's official. Woody: Rex and Idzik are fired.

F.Chowds

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Idzik kind of got the shaft but last years draft was his big downfall.

I honselty think if both of their performances were exactly the same but personalites were swapped half the people wanting to ditch idzik and keep loveable rex would be on the other side of the fence.

Nonsense. First impressions die hard for fans, Rex had immediate success out of the gate, more success then we've ever had in fact. It's like Pennington, guy sucked ass but fans still love him for 2002 WC season. The good will earned at the start of their career sustains them for awhile

Idzik came out of the gate and did nothing, he has no good will cause he's had no success. We have one of the worst rosters in football and are terrible at QB and CB, two of the most important positions in the game. Has nothing to do with personality, there's just nothing to point to with the guy to say he's done a good job

Nonsense. First impressions die hard for fans, Rex had immediate success out of the gate, more success then we've ever had in fact. It's like Pennington, guy sucked ass but fans still love him for 2002 WC season. The good will earned at the start of their career sustains them for awhile

Idzik came out of the gate and did nothing, he has no good will cause he's had no success. We have one of the worst rosters in football and are terrible at QB and CB, two of the most important positions in the game. Has nothing to do with personality, there's just nothing to point to with the guy to say he's done a good job

While some situations - Revis in particular - had their own peripheral baggage, ultimately it came down to this, I think, for Woody:

Passing league.

Biggest needs or long-term solutions needed: QB, WR, CB, OG

QB:

Brought in a FA QB, retired on us in May = failed

Drafted a QB = failed.

Brought in a FA QB, wouldn't let him play = failed

CB:

Let Revis go (though he got a great return and much-needed cap reprieve). Replaced with Milliner, though = failed as of today

Let Cromartie go part I: brought in a FA CB for stop-gap = failed

Let Cromartie go part 2: over-drafted a CB = failed as of today

OG:

Let Slauson (nothing special, but certainly start-able) go, watched him re-sign for vet minimum with Chicago = failed

Drafted OG in round 3 = failed

Drafted OG in round 5 = mostly failed early on, but he was young and certainly has looked better than the above 2nd half of yr 2 = unknown

Drafted OG (converted DT) in round 6 = failed

Added FA OG on back to back 1 yr deals = meh. Hope was someone would take his job away, so we're exactly where we were 3/1/2013 = failed

WR:

Skipped WR and TE in every round of his first draft and:

Let his rookie QB (and the previous regime's highly-drafted QB) throw to a bad group = failed

Brought in Decker (everyone knows his wife wanting to be in NY gave us a decided advantage) = success

Skipped WR in round 1 for SS who doesn't look so great yet (and gets hurt easily, it seems) = failed

Skipped WR in round 2 for TE = I'll call this success since it's still a pass-catcher and we sure needed an upgrade there as well = success

Skipped WR in round 3 for over-drafted CB who didn't play all season and missed almost entire senior year = failed

Drafted a punt returner in round 4, cut in September = failed

Drafted a WR in round 4 = IR'd in August, was playing poorly enough to get cut otherwise = failed so far

Drafted a WR in round 6 = spent most of the season on PS = failed so far

Spent $6-7M and a minimum 6th round pick on a FA WR at 1-7. Has $10.5M salary next year that we won't pay, and he won't take a cut = failed

Re-signed slot receiver to probably a much larger deal he'd have gotten as a UFA, during 2nd consecutive off-season = relative fail

Biggest needs entering 2015: QB, CB, OG, WR

Again, there are reasons to be argued for many of these events, but in the end...well they keep saying it's a results-oriented business and for the 3rd straight offseason we have to address these same 4 positions.

If you want to compare us to the BILLS or FINS ..nothing speaks of SOJF than that.

I simply hold a higher standard than the Browns , Bills, and FINS.

Across the hall at MetLife is GIANTS management.  4 SB wins since 86 and 5 appearances.

Its not by accident that SB's are won by the same handful of teams .... its management.

Well the Bills did make the Bowl 4 straight years in the 90's..LOL

God, listening to NY Radio today is a horror show of callers.

"Yeah, Woody is like super rich, wadoes he care about, ah? He's too rich to care about winning! Now, I have two candidates, Gruden of course, and whats Bill Cowher doin' these days. Or Holmgren, ya know. I'll take your comments off the air."

**** sake. /facepalm

I stopped listening to both our moronic sports talk stations except for live events about 18 months ago, fish.

Best thing you can do

No idiotic callers. No even more idiotic hosts.

I occasionally miss the Schmooze and the 14 daily calls from Ira of SI, though

Another great Rex Whore talking point today:

"I'm not for keeping Rex.....but WHO ELSE CAN WE GET???  NO ONE AVAILABLE IS BETTER!!!   NO ONE CAN DO WHAT REX DID!!!!  THE NEXT GUY IS SURE TO FAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!"

/facepalm

Half of Jets Fan Nation assured our next Coach will be a failure.....before we've hired him.

"I'm not for keeping Rex.....but WHO ELSE CAN WE GET???  NO ONE AVAILABLE IS BETTER!!!   NO ONE CAN DO WHAT REX DID!!!!  THE NEXT GUY IS SURE TO FAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!"

/facepalm

Half of Jets Fan Nation assured our next Coach will be a failure.....before we've hired him.

History tends to repeat itself?

isnt Ditka back in good with ownership there finally ?...there's a good way to alienate him again

Maybe Rex and Ditka are pals? Rex is the opposite of Buddy in terms of wanting to kick everyones a$$.

Bears are about defense. Always have been. Perfect landing spot for Tanny and Rex.

/facepalm

Mangoni is available

Archived