3 things you want the new regime to do right away...

k-met57

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wouldn't mind a move to a 4-3, but I still like Harris, want him to retire as a Jet.

Why?  Harris is a dinosaur in today's game.  We need smaller, athletic safety/LB hybrids, not plodding run-stoppers.  And gone are the days when we should be rooting for anyone less than a star to retire a Jet. 

Well considering that Harris and Vick are both free agents, and that waiting until this offseason wasn't a bad move regarding Wilk's team friendly contract, my three are...

1. Begin watching tape of very and any qb who might be available this offseason whether via fa or trade. I'd like to see two new guys to be brought in

2. Determine an offensive identity. What do they want to do and do players like Harvin, CJ or even Ivory have a place?

3.Evaluate the bottom of the roster. We've seen some flashes from guys like IK, Williams, Salas, and Owuna. Do these guys have a future with the team

why are we trading one of our best young players? why are we creating holes where we have none?

To bring in Suh? Or shore up some players at other needs? Get Snacks on a deal, that would obviously be cheaper than what Mo would demand, and get us some help in the secondary.

here is mine...

1. extend Wilkerson NOW

2. clean out the entire scouting department

3. switch to a 4-3 defense cut harris, play Coples at DE

Harris doesn't have a contract for next year (I don't think so anyway), no need to cut him.

Although I would like him back.

why are we trading one of our best young players? why are we creating holes where we have none?

We dont have a hole. I dont think its a good idea to pay Wilkerson that money without having a QB and I think that putting Coples on the line in a 4-3 scheme wont be much of a drop off. I say trade him for draft picks or a player that would be an immediate upgrade in an area of need, but I would prefer the draft picks. 

To bring in Suh? Or shore up some players at other needs? Get Snacks on a deal, that would obviously be cheaper than what Mo would demand, and get us some help in the secondary.

suh will not be cheaper than wilk. i just don't think we should crew with the one unit on this team that is young and very good

Why?  Harris is a dinosaur in today's game.  We need smaller, athletic safety/LB hybrids, not plodding run-stoppers.  And gone are the days when we should be rooting for anyone less than a star to retire a Jet. 

Harris was #11 in tackles this season.   Why let that go when he's a homegrown guy?  he's a pro bowler, good mentor and a good guy for the locker room.  I don't think the way to go is to bring in more guys like Antonio Allen and tell him to go stuff a RB like Bell or Hill when it's 4th and 1 and we need a stop.

1. Hire a coach willing to get a tattoo of his wife wearing a Geno Smith jersey.

2. Sign John Conner to a lifetime contract because his nickname is the Terminator and that's really cool.

3. Switch our base defense to a 4-7 so we will have 1st rounders at every defensive position.

Harris was #11 in tackles this season.   Why let that go when he's a homegrown guy?  he's a pro bowler, good mentor and a good guy for the locker room.  I don't think the way to go is to bring in more guys like Antonio Allen and tell him to go stuff a RB like Bell or Hill when it's 4th and 1 and we need a stop.

Because he's slow and he's not a pro bowler.

Thanks for the clarification! 

why trade a guy who's been a top 3 d-lineman, has come to work everyday and played hard everyday?  what are we getting for him? now that Idzik is gone, maybe the next GM will actually pony up some money for good players and realize that you can't go into seasons constantly scraping the bottom of the bargain bin.

why trade a guy who's been a top 3 d-lineman, has come to work everyday and played hard everyday?  what are we getting for him? now that Idzik is gone, maybe the next GM will actually pony up some money for good players and realize that you can't go into seasons constantly scraping the bottom of the bargain bin.

I'm not saying do it, I am saying it is a possibility. We had a chance to extend him before this season for a more reasonable amount. Waiting has actually cost us a significant amount. Management waited, hopefully cause they wanted another year of cheap production. But the potential to trade away a guy who is gonna cost big dollars, when we have so many holes on this team, is not an insane concept. I doubt he is on the block, but he sure could be. Woody didn't want to pay Revis. Sure, different case altogether. But money is a factor.

Can you pay Mo Will and then still pay Sheldon when his time is here?  Who is better potentially?  Can you have 2 tackles making a fortune and still sign a big time edge rusher?

Archived