3 things you want the new regime to do right away...

k-met57

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you pay Mo Will and then still pay Sheldon when his time is here?  Who is better potentially?  Can you have 2 tackles making a fortune and still sign a big time edge rusher?

Don't forget Snacks. A man that size, who is solid is hard to find. He is due to get paid as well.

Harris was #11 in tackles this season.   Why let that go when he's a homegrown guy?  he's a pro bowler, good mentor and a good guy for the locker room.  I don't think the way to go is to bring in more guys like Antonio Allen and tell him to go stuff a RB like Bell or Hill when it's 4th and 1 and we need a stop.

What difference does it make if someone is homegrown?  Homegrown guys don't age?  They don't slow down?  The idea is to win and to do it you cannot piss away cap money.

1- Hire Kubiak as Head coach, Jets need an offensive minded coach but a guy that still understands the run game & brings in that Denver (Shanahan) style blocking schemes.

2- find a Vet QB & let winner take all in camp with Geno.

3- Sign Iupati! Guard was our big hole on offense

4- Now that Suh has stomped on another player (except he stepped on the Golden child) his price just came down a few million.

Wilk is still under contract for 2015 so no need to move him unless we get inquiries from other teams involving high draft picks.

5- Sign TE Clay away from the Fins (they r at the cap & he's going into his 5th year) perfect compliment to Amaro.

Just 3 free agents out of the gate, Iupati- Suh- Clay

Still have plenty of dough to sit back & there is always quality left.

6- figure out the CB spot? Don't really know what to do here? Feel you get away with a guy like Peanut Tillman to hold the fort at a decent price.

7- If possible draft Scherff & start him at RT 2nd best starting Oline in football in 2015 (Dbrick-Iupati-Mangold-Breno-Scherff)

8- 2nd round WR (so many teams took WRs over the last 2 years someone's gonna fall that surprises everyone)

9- draft LBs (speedy fast quick LBs to fly around behind out absolutely nasty Dline!)

Kick azz vs the last place schedule we get to play vs teams with weak Olines & young QBs

We dont have a hole. I dont think its a good idea to pay Wilkerson that money without having a QB and I think that putting Coples on the line in a 4-3 scheme wont be much of a drop off. I say trade him for draft picks or a player that would be an immediate upgrade in an area of need, but I would prefer the draft picks. 

Coples is not overly big at his lineman weight but he can rush the passer inside.  He beats guards and centers pretty handily.  He has trouble with big fat tackles, though.  I like him inside. I would not mind a couple of good draft picks for Mo.

What difference does it make if someone is homegrown?  Homegrown guys don't age?  They don't slow down?  The idea is to win and to do it you cannot piss away cap money.

I like the idea of a guy who is green and white from day 1 to the end. Harris, isn't one of those guys I care for that though. Mangold, yes. 

i'm not saying that he isn't getting old and isn't a step or two slower.  for all you yankee fans that are so upset that they didn't resign Cano or Robertson are all upset about the fact they didn't resign a homegrown guy.  point is that Harris is a serviceable middle linebacker.  is he  poor in coverage?  yes.  but he's still productive and isn't going to be expensive.  he has what, 2-3 years left?

Coples is not overly big at his lineman weight but he can rush the passer inside.  He beats guards and centers pretty handily.  He has trouble with big fat tackles, though.  I like him inside. I would not mind a couple of good draft picks for Mo.

Exactly, you could put Richardson and Enemkpali on the outside with Coples, Ellis, and Harrison inside. The great thing about Coples is that you can have him all over the line of scrimmage as well. I would definitely try to trade Mo Wilkerson for as long as I get the right price. Its not like Wilkerson is a troublesome player. If the price isn't right then for sure keep him.  

1- Hire Kubiak as Head coach, Jets need an offensive minded coach but a guy that still understands the run game & brings in that Denver (Shanahan) style blocking schemes.

2- find a Vet QB & let winner take all in camp with Geno.

3- Sign Iupati! Guard was our big hole on offense

4- Now that Suh has stomped on another player (except he stepped on the Golden child) his price just came down a few million.

Wilk is still under contract for 2015 so no need to move him unless we get inquiries from other teams involving high draft picks.

5- Sign TE Clay away from the Fins (they r at the cap & he's going into his 5th year) perfect compliment to Amaro.

Just 3 free agents out of the gate, Iupati- Suh- Clay

Still have plenty of dough to sit back & there is always quality left.

6- figure out the CB spot? Don't really know what to do here? Feel you get away with a guy like Peanut Tillman to hold the fort at a decent price.

7- If possible draft Scherff & start him at RT 2nd best starting Oline in football in 2015 (Dbrick-Iupati-Mangold-Breno-Scherff)

8- 2nd round WR (so many teams took WRs over the last 2 years someone's gonna fall that surprises everyone)

9- draft LBs (speedy fast quick LBs to fly around behind out absolutely nasty Dline!)

Kick azz vs the last place schedule we get to play vs teams with weak Olines & young QBs

THIS

Other than hire a General manager (obvious #1 move) and Coach (#2 move).....

1. Fire Bradway.  Hire a New Head of Talent Evaluation

2. Cut Mike Vick, Cut Geno Smith.

3. Extend Future HOF Nick Mangold to a Cap Friendly Long-Term Deal.

A few others:

4. Decline to resign Percy Harvin (release him).

5. Extend Wilkerson/Richardson.

6. Resign Harris.

7. Sign a Veteran Journeyman QB (to have at least one warm body in the QB Roster).

Actually give us a legitimate QB situation for once. Whether that involves drafting someone, bringing in an established vet, or more likely some combination of the two. No more gimmicky Tebow crap or guys like Vick who are only interested in spinning their wheels.

Other than hire a General manager (obvious #1 move) and Coach (#2 move).....

1. Fire Bradway.  Hire a New Head of Talent Evaluation

2. Cut Mike Vick, Cut Geno Smith.

3. Extend Future HOF Nick Mangold to a Cap Friendly Long-Term Deal.

A few others:

4. Decline to resign Percy Harvin (release him).

5. Extend Wilkerson/Richardson.

6. Resign Harris.

7. Sign a Veteran Journeyman QB (to have at least one warm body in the QB Roster).

i dont think cutting geno makes sense. he's the best qb we have on the roster. no matter who we get in geno can at least be the back up.

Akin to saying "we shouldn't flush the toilet, that turd on the left is the best turd we have in the bowl".

is there a big financial benefit to releasing him? otherwise i don't see the benefit. we should have a qb to compete with whoever we bring in or to back them up if they get hurt.

Akin to saying "we shouldn't flush the toilet, that turd on the left is the best turd we have in the bowl".

Cutting Geno is foolhardy! My god. It's amazing on one hand Jet fans squeak & squawk that the Jets have the worst roster in football. An Oline that needs some revamping, no WR to take the top off the defense, Stupid Marty calling stupid plays in the redzone but let's put everything on a 2nd year QB that was forced into playing too soon & throw him & his low salary out with the trash.

Ridiculous!

Cutting Geno is foolhardy! My god. It's amazing on one hand Jet fans squeak & squawk that the Jets have the worst roster in football. An Oline that needs some revamping, no WR to take the top off the defense, Stupid Marty calling stupid plays in the redzone but let's put everything on a 2nd year QB that was forced into playing too soon & throw him & his low salary out with the trash.

Ridiculous!

I don't "squawk" that we're the worst roster, quite the contrary I have argued for some time our roster/talent was not and is not our primary problem.

Our O-line is fine, could use a little help, but is overall a solid quality unit.

WR is a minor need, we need another starter-quality body to go with Decker/Kerley/Amaro.

Rediculous is watching the worst QB in the NFL play ONE decent game vs. a team phoning it in with hurt DB's, and thinking it means anything.

It' doesn't.

Geno Smith is still the worst starting QB in the NFL.  Two years in a row.

He needs tossed, like Idzik, and Rex, because like Idzik, and Rex, he is amongst the worst performing people at his job in the NFL, and has been so for multiple years.

We can do better, even at the #2 or #3 QB position, than Geno Smith.

To bring in Suh? Or shore up some players at other needs? Get Snacks on a deal, that would obviously be cheaper than what Mo would demand, and get us some help in the secondary.

If we're moving to a 4-3(as I hope) I would think trading Snacks would bring back more than Wilkerson. Trading a legit top five 3-4 NT

with a couple of years left on rookie deal would garner a #1 draft pick. Wilkerson will be much more dynamic as a 4-3 DE. TJ Barnes can take Snacks place when we need the big run stuffer on goal line situations.Mo, Sheldon, Coples & Babin would be pretty good with a draft pick to be groomed.

Only thing I hate is losing.  Geno Smith guarantees that, he is without question amongst the least talented, worst performing QB's in the NFL.

We can do better, plain and simple.

Who are we getting in this offseason that's definitively better?

I wouldn't say Hoyer is much of an upgrade...Geno does have experience with the WRs you don't cut him this year, there's no reason. you have him compete with one of these mediocre vets we can sign and whoever wins, wins. Draft a later round qb and hope for the best that's all that will happen in this offseason.

Archived