The New York Jets 2015 Offseason Activity Thread

Warfish

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey I just thought about a Player that would be intresting.

Jermichael Finley, ex- Packers TE. (Hes only 28 years old too) ;)

Suffered a rough neck injury and hasnt played since.

He has a 10M insurance policy if he never plays another down in the NFL I suppose. So clearly he would want a GTD contract at least 10M+.

But if he back at 100% with his neck he was amazing at times. I would love to add him to our TE group since we lost Sudfeld for the season, and Cumberland hasnt really took that next step in his progression in my opinion.

Adding Finey with Jace Amaro would give us probably a top 5 TE group in the NFL. Since I firmly and truly believe Jace Amaro is about to break the F out this season LOLz ;) I think Amaro is ready for a solid 600 yard receiving season. But what I really want out of Amaro is alot of TD's in the redzone. He only had 2 TDs total last year and that isnt enough. I want him to have 7-9 at TDs this year and to cut down on the drops! He has small hands 9' so drops will happen with him but hes gotta stop that if he wants to take that next step in his progression.

And I think Finley would upgrade us in the Redzone at the TE position. To go along with Marshall and Decker who are both fantastic redzone threats. We need to score more TD's and stop settling for FG's....::Lets go!!!

So what you guys think? Is Finely even available or did he retire? LOL i forgot about him I think if he is healthy on like a team friendly deal but woul clearly have to be at least 10M fully GTD. WOuld be dumb on his part to ply for anything less since he has tax free 10M insurance check in his back pocket basically lol.

I'm just surprised we havent really heard much about him this FA period/offseason. Not even to bring him in for a workout....Maybe he isnt 100%.....

• 3 weeks later...

Hey I just thought about a Player that would be intresting.

Jermichael Finley, ex- Packers TE. (Hes only 28 years old too) ;)

Suffered a rough neck injury and hasnt played since.

He has a 10M insurance policy if he never plays another down in the NFL I suppose. So clearly he would want a GTD contract at least 10M+.

But if he back at 100% with his neck he was amazing at times. I would love to add him to our TE group since we lost Sudfeld for the season, and Cumberland hasnt really took that next step in his progression in my opinion.

Adding Finey with Jace Amaro would give us probably a top 5 TE group in the NFL. Since I firmly and truly believe Jace Amaro is about to break the F out this season LOLz ;) I think Amaro is ready for a solid 600 yard receiving season. But what I really want out of Amaro is alot of TD's in the redzone. He only had 2 TDs total last year and that isnt enough. I want him to have 7-9 at TDs this year and to cut down on the drops! He has small hands 9' so drops will happen with him but hes gotta stop that if he wants to take that next step in his progression.

And I think Finley would upgrade us in the Redzone at the TE position. To go along with Marshall and Decker who are both fantastic redzone threats. We need to score more TD's and stop settling for FG's....::Lets go!!!

So what you guys think? Is Finely even available or did he retire? LOL i forgot about him I think if he is healthy on like a team friendly deal but woul clearly have to be at least 10M fully GTD. WOuld be dumb on his part to ply for anything less since he has tax free 10M insurance check in his back pocket basically lol.

I'm just surprised we havent really heard much about him this FA period/offseason. Not even to bring him in for a workout....Maybe he isnt 100%.....

You get an "A" for digging deep on the due diligence. Another receiving TE makes sense.

However, it is my understanding that Finley's injury was on the line of what is considered a career ender.

That said, speaking in terms of football only, Finley was a notorious knucklehead that A-Rodg chewed out often for running the wrong routes. He also had the concentration lapse dropsies.

For non-football reasons, does anyone want to see him carted off again on a stretcher in a neck brace while wearing a Jets uniform? I sure as hell don't. Not worth it for the Jets, and more importantly Finley.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived