I think Revis will be a Jet again next year

Maxman

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is plenty of time for talk like this, but I am just throwing this one out there now. It makes a lot of sense. The Pats can't pick up his 20 million dollar year two option. He will be a free agent. The Jets have a ton of cap room. They need to make a splash. They need cornerbacks.

Woody signs Revis and blames last year (not signing him) on Idzik. Seriously, it is a big F U to Idzik, it makes the fans happy. AND -- Revis can go into the Hall of Fame as a Jet if he plays the rest of his career here.

Like I said, there is plenty of time to talk about this. But I am calling this one now.   :)

Revis and Milliner as the starting corners next season, not too bad.

Sorry.  Genius boy Woody just gave away our entire off-season strategy in a press conference and - what a shocker - Tom Brady restructured his deal the same day to create enough cap space to ensure Revis is a Patriot the next 2-3 years.

Thanks Woody.  Why not just force the FO into trading for Tebow again?

Mevis is not coming back 

Milliner may not be the same player he was

Mcdougle who knows what we have there

I think the Jets have to play zone and concede some points.  Mean we need to score more!

Try to break opposing QB in half with IK, Richardson, Wilks, and Coples

This will be a challenge for sure!

Id be shocked. There are a ton of teams in the NFL that dont want to do business with him which is why the Revis free agency list was essentially him begging the Jets to take him back in hopes of driving up his price for the year.  And quite honestly at this point there is no need to add a 30 year old corner to this team.  Well have 4 offensive lineman all on the wrong side of 30 next season, two holes at linebacker and at least one at safety.  Anyone the Jets focus on has to be in the 27/28 year range max to be part of a solution. 

One of the more, if not the most unique situation in the league. Gilbert wants to beat the system it seems. What still bothers me about everything with Revis...is we traded up for him, we actually nail the pick and we end up not being able to keep the player. Could you imagine the Falcons letting Julio Jones leave after what they gave up for him?

I dont know, I guess Revis is just that big of a pain in the ass....but teams never let their elite players walk.

There is plenty of time for talk like this, but I am just throwing this one out there now. It makes a lot of sense. The Pats can't pick up his 20 million dollar year two option. He will be a free agent. The Jets have a ton of cap room. They need to make a splash. They need cornerbacks.

Woody signs Revis and blames last year (not signing him) on Idzik. Seriously, it is a big F U to Idzik, it makes the fans happy. AND -- Revis can go into the Hall of Fame as a Jet if he plays the rest of his career here.

Like I said, there is plenty of time to talk about this. But I am calling this one now.   :)

Nice try Max but this is not Madden NFL 2015. I would love to see it happen but Woody is done with Revis.      

NE just redid Brady's contract to free up gobs of cap room.  Coincidence?

It does not free up any cap room at all. As a matter of fact it takes up 1mill more. What he did was allow the pats to pay FA more money upfront and spread it out over the length of the contract. 

Sorry.  Genius boy Woody just gave away our entire off-season strategy in a press conference and - what a shocker - Tom Brady restructured his deal the same day to create enough cap space to ensure Revis is a Patriot the next 2-3 years.

Thanks Woody.  Why not just force the FO into trading for Tebow again?

Ahh Woody Johnson didn't show his hand....it doesn't take a genius to know EVERY team will try to go after Revis next year..

More likely that Revis would follow Rex to his new team.

Same reason he makes any decision. Cash

Yeah but Woody doesn't want to be the highest bidder or he would've kept Revis.

He only wants Revis now because he saw him take an affordable offer and because he's healthy again.

But that offer was from a consistent winner with a stable organization, meaning there were other positives.

What can Woody offer now besides the highest bid and be back to the situation he chose to avoid?  

Revis allows the Pats to double other WRs while leaving Revis in single coverage.

Talib was not as good as Revis has been.

Agree 100%

Of all the possible free agent losses, he is the one I think they need to keep regardless of cost.

Archived