I think Revis will be a Jet again next year

Maxman

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is plenty of time for talk like this, but I am just throwing this one out there now. It makes a lot of sense. The Pats can't pick up his 20 million dollar year two option. He will be a free agent. The Jets have a ton of cap room. They need to make a splash. They need cornerbacks.

Woody signs Revis and blames last year (not signing him) on Idzik. Seriously, it is a big F U to Idzik, it makes the fans happy. AND -- Revis can go into the Hall of Fame as a Jet if he plays the rest of his career here.

Like I said, there is plenty of time to talk about this. But I am calling this one now. :)

Revis and Milliner as the starting corners next season, not too bad.

While I am considering this prediction, remind me what you predicted as the Jets record this season?

Sorry. Genius boy Woody just gave away our entire off-season strategy in a press conference and - what a shocker - Tom Brady restructured his deal the same day to create enough cap space to ensure Revis is a Patriot the next 2-3 years.

Thanks Woody. Why not just force the FO into trading for Tebow again?

Can't figure out why a publicly officially announced Giant fan like you cares about this

You should be concentrating on the impossible task your owner Mara set up for poor old Coach Grandpa Taum and his selection of a Nursing Home in 2016 after he and your beloved Big Blew finish out of the money again next year

There is plenty of time for talk like this, but I am just throwing this one out there now. It makes a lot of sense. The Pats can't pick up his 20 million dollar year two option. He will be a free agent. The Jets have a ton of cap room. They need to make a splash. They need cornerbacks.

Woody signs Revis and blames last year (not signing him) on Idzik. Seriously, it is a big F U to Idzik, it makes the fans happy. AND -- Revis can go into the Hall of Fame as a Jet if he plays the rest of his career here.

Like I said, there is plenty of time to talk about this. But I am calling this one now.   :)

Revis and Milliner as the starting corners next season, not too bad.

This thread is considered tampering. :-)

Agreed

McCourty can go as far as Im concerned.

Yeah, I am not thrilled with him back there either.  What are the alternatives?  Resign Chung?  Give it to Harmon?

The Patriots secondary is so effed if Revis leaves.

Yeah but Woody doesn't want to be the highest bidder or he would've kept Revis.

He only wants Revis now because he saw him take an affordable offer and because he's healthy again.

But that offer was from a consistent winner with a stable organization, meaning there were other positives.

What can Woody offer now besides the highest bid and be back to the situation he chose to avoid?

We traded Revis because Woody and Idzik thought he was expendable after Cro had a career. If Milliner's body doesn't fall apart the trade would have worked out because we also got Richardson.

Pats are going to resign him. Not only would their secondary fall apart without him our secondary would immediately be upgraded.

We traded Revis because Woody and Idzik thought he was expendable after Cro had a career. If Milliner's body doesn't fall apart the trade would have worked out because we also got Richardson.

Pats are going to resign him. Not only would their secondary fall apart without him our secondary would immediately be upgraded.

Only way Revis doesn't see Free Agency is if NE picks up his 20+ million option.

Yeah, only about 30 mil, AFTER signing them.

But Iupati, Revis n an OLB along with Cooper would be awesome!

I think the Jets have enough cap space to sign Revis, Suh, Iupati, Cobb, and extend MoWilk, after cutting/contract expires on, Harris, Pace, Landry, Colon, Vick, C Johnson, Babin, and Harvin.

While I am considering this prediction, remind me what you predicted as the Jets record this season?

I don't remember. I don't think I proclaimed anything. I thought they had a shot to be in the playoff mix. But I think that every year.

I think the Jets have enough cap space to sign Revis, Suh, Iupati, Cobb, and extend MoWilk, after cutting/contract expires on, Harris, Pace, Landry, Colon, Vick, C Johnson, Babin, and Harvin.

No way- you have about 45 mill, it wil take about 60 mill average annual cap hit to sign all those guys. And remember guys like Davis, Harrsion, Coples, Richardson all have to be resigned in the next couple of years, never mind this years draft choices, Ps and filling out the 53 man roster. If the jets can sign 2 of those players and resign Wilk it would be a great offseason. You understand that there are about 10 teams with more than 30 mill of cap space, there is a lot of competition for players.

Suh at only McCoys level = 17.5m

To out bid the Pats on Revis = 14mil

Iupati at mankins/Grubbs/Evans= 10 mill

Cobb 10 mill

Wilkenson 12 mill

Hes a Rex type guy though, stupid and undisciplined. hed fit right in on the Jets.

Rex can't hurt you anymore.

Time to move past it and see if you can achieve posting salvation once again.

Rex can't hurt you anymore.

Time to move past it and see if you can achieve posting salvation once again.

The residual effect will give the new coach some problems. Rex is the gift that just keeps on giving.

Archived