WalterFootball Grades Black Monday Firings

slats

Lets also not forget Rex put Sanchez in a meaningless game behind second and third string offensive line

Geno was hurt and couldn't play in that game and Sanchez should have thrown the ball away in a meaningless game.. I guess Simms could have played the whole game but that doesn't happen in preseason..

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geno was hurt and couldn't play in that game and Sanchez should have thrown the ball away in a meaningless game.. I guess Simms could have played the whole game but that doesn't happen in preseason..

Much as Mark is not any favorite you can not put him late in that game as your only experienced QB on the roster

Much as Mark is not any favorite you can not put him late in that game as your only experienced QB on the roster

Agreed.  Rex was totally wrong to do that, especially with Sanchez being the clear winner of the QB competition heading into the next week's pre-season finale against Philly.  

Ryan does have his warts. He doesn't have a grasp of the offensive side of the ball, so he needs to have a sharp offensive coordinator to work with him. He also screws up clock and game-management situations occasionally.

This part made me laugh.  If by "occasionally" they mean "Every f*ckin game, multiple times a game" then they're spot on.

Clock/game management is a DIRECT reflection of a HC.  It's an important part of every HC's job.  Unless you do a bang-up job with everything else to make up for it, failing to improve in this department in 6 years is a fireable offense on its own.

I always hoped Rex would figure it out and/or prove to be an asset despite these failings.  He didn't and now he's gone.  Moving on.  Woody 100 % made the right call by firing both Idzik and Rex today.

One of the best coaches in the league??????

Rex is nothing more than a loser with a big mouth. In 6 years as a HC, he has accomplished the following:

-zero division titles

-zero Conference championships

-zero Super Bowl titles

-an overall LOSING record of 46-50

-most undisciplined team in the NFL

-worst game day HC in the NFL

Jets fans should be celebrating today and not crying over losing a fraud HC.

Pats fans definitely enjoyed this firing. More evidence that it was a mistake.

Rex is nothing more than a loser with a big mouth. In 6 years as a HC, he has accomplished the following:

-zero division titles

-zero Super Bowl titles

Check this out!

Pats fans definitely enjoyed this firing. More evidence that it was a mistake.

Why would Pats fans enjoy this firing?

In 6 full seasons, Rex never challenged the Pats for the AFCE title.

In the last most recent 4 years, Rex is a whopping 1-7 versus the Pats.

98% of Pats fans are pissed this clown got fired today.

Why would Pats fans enjoy this firing?

In 6 full seasons, Rex never challenged the Pats for the AFCE title.

In the last most recent 4 years, Rex is a whopping 1-7 versus the Pats.

98% of Pats fans are pissed this clown got fired today.

Rex beat the Pats in their own building in the playoffs. He plays them tough more than any coach in the league does. Just look at the 2 games this year and tell me Tom Terrific wasn't sweating.

Meanwhile you're talking about Superbowls. How many Superbowls has that genius Belicheat won with Tom Brady as his QB since Rex got here? None.

Rex beat the Pats in their own building in the playoffs. He plays them tough more than any coach in the league does. Just look at the 2 games this year and tell me Tom Terrific wasn't sweating.

Seriously, you are still pounding your chest over one game 5 FRIGGN' YEARS AGO?

Any dumbass HC in the NFL can win one game.

Look what Bozo has accomplished over a 16-game regular season for the last 6 years.

Gotta love all the home playoff games Rex has delivered for Jets fans.

Look what Bozo has accomplished over a 16-game regular season for the last 6 years.

How many home playoff games has Belichick hosted without an all time great at QB? 

You guys are too much, the only reason the Pats have been so good for so long is that they lucked into Brady.  When Brady got hurt, you missed the playoffs all together.

Rex did nothing for our offense in 6 years, he had his time.

Under Rex Ryan, the Jets offense was ranked #1 in rushing in 2009 (#2 in 2010).  That was the first time the franchise was #1 in an offensive category since 1967 when they were #1 in passing.  Also, under Rex, the Jets had a QB break the all time single season TD record for the Jets when Sanchez did it in 2011.

So technically, he's the best offensive coach we've ever had. 

blah blah blah blah blah 

What was BB's amazing record before Brady?  How many playoffs wins did he have? 

How many home playoff games has Belichick hosted without an all time great at QB?

You guys are too much, the only reason the Pats have been so good for so long is that they lucked into Brady. When Brady got hurt, you missed the playoffs all together.

Belichick drafted, developed and mentored Brady into a HOF QB.

Jets passed on him 6 times.

Even with Brady missing the entire season, Pats went 11-5, which matches the Jets best season in 16 years.

I don't have enough fingers to count the Pats number of home playoff games under Belichick and Brady. I do know they have 2 more this year.

Even with Brady missing the entire season, Pats went 11-5, which matches the Jets best season in 16 years.

I don't have enough fingers to count the Pats number of home playoff games under Belichick and Brady. I do know they have 2 more this year.

You really only know that they have one.

How many times did the Patriots pass on Brady?

How many playoffs wins did they have when Brady missed the entire season?

How many home playoffs games did Belichick host without Brady? 

-zero division titles

-zero Super Bowl titles

What available head coach is better then him on paper?

Maybe. Ironically I see much more celebrating for Rex's termination up here in Masshole country than my friends say they're seeing down in NY.

Plus, he's 1-0 against the Pats when it mattered most. And that "1" was pretty sweet: 2010 playoff victory in Foxboro when Pats were the #1 seed.  

-zero division titles
-zero Super Bowl titles

From 17-0 w/Brady to 11-5.. and no playoffs.. that's my point bubba.  That's the year the AFC east played a ridiculously weak AFC and NFC west.

Belichick passed on Brady 5 times, and didn't have the sense to even start the guy until Bledsoe got hurt.

Pats and Belichick got lucky, plain and simple. Somehow the fan base has twisted this into a self aggrandizing belief that not only does the pats organization know better then everyone else, but their fans do as well.

I am surprised NFL organizations don't poach Patsy message boards for FO talent.

I am not surprised however at the shameful lack of success the Pats have had without Brady, and how every expert hired from the Pats organization has failed miserably in their new positions w/out an all time great at QB.

From 17-0 w/Brady to 11-5.. and no playoffs.. that's my point bubba.  That's the year the AFC east played a ridiculously weak AFC and NFC west.

Belichick passed on Brady 5 times, and didn't have the sense to even start the guy until Bledsoe got hurt.

Pats and Belichick got lucky, plain and simple. Somehow the fan base has twisted this into a self aggrandizing belief that not only does the pats organization know better then everyone else, but their fans do as well.

I am surprised NFL organizations don't poach Patsy message boards for FO talent.

I am not surprised however at the shameful lack of success the Pats have had without Brady, and how every expert hired from the Pats organization has failed miserably in their new positions w/out an all time great at QB.

If BB coached the Jets this year, we'd be talking Super Bowl, bro!

////pats fans

From 17-0 w/Brady to 11-5.. and no playoffs.. that's my point bubba. That's the year the AFC east played a ridiculously weak AFC and NFC west.

Chan, my friend, you have to calm down a bit.

Great day as the Jets move in a different direction.

BTW, Pats passed on Brady 7 times, they took him with their 2nd pick in the 6th round.

Archived