WalterFootball Grades Black Monday Firings

slats

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully all of this "poor Rex" crap will drift away soon.  But for the "Rex apologists" please

explain to me:

- The ridiculous display of clueless sideline management where we waste a timeout

because of 12 men on the field.  THEN on a punt have 12 men on the field AGAIN in

the space of THREE PLAYS

- The second BUF game

- For all the "love" the players have for Rex where was the performance to back up

that "love"

You Rex haters are all the same.  You can't see the forest through the trees, there is NOTHING  perfect in this world, yet you choose to focus on a few negatives and completely miss the big picture.  Rex wasn't perfect I agree, but he was very good and had more playoff success than anyone since Weeb.  He got us to the AFCCG with decent, but not great teams and under better circumstances he could of gotten us all the way.  So now he'll have his chance with someone else.  Personally I'm glad it won't be the fins.

You Rex haters are all the same.  You can't see the forest through the trees, there is NOTHING  perfect in this world, yet you choose to focus on a few negatives and completely miss the big picture.  Rex wasn't perfect I agree, but he was very good and had more playoff success than anyone since Weeb.  He got us to the AFCCG with decent, but not great teams and under better circumstances he could of gotten us all the way.  So now he'll have his chance with someone else.  Personally I'm glad it won't be the fins.

In hindsight you need to ask the question, is it possible with a better HC we might have gone all the way. Why is it so easy for many here to ignore his flaws , flaws that may have prevented some very good teams from accomplishing more.

Belichick drafted, developed and mentored Brady into a HOF QB.

Jets passed on him 6 times.

Even with Brady missing the entire season, Pats went 11-5, which matches the Jets best season in 16 years.

I don't have enough fingers to count the Pats number of home playoff games under Belichick and Brady. I do know they have 2 more this year.

Name the coaches that did better against the Pats than Rex?

Belichick drafted, developed and mentored Brady into a HOF QB.

Jets passed on him 6 times.

Even with Brady missing the entire season, Pats went 11-5, which matches the Jets best season in 16 years.

I don't have enough fingers to count the Pats number of home playoff games under Belichick and Brady. I do know they have 2 more this year.

Pats passed on him one less time.

He didn't make some of those moves (eg not signing Revis/Cromartie) until this year yet they say idzik should've been fired after last year? Meanwhile they went 8-8 and saved a lot of cap money (and drafted Richardson plus Dee Milliner and Geno both looked promising). Idzik looked like he did okay going into this past offseason. I think what really did him in was this past year's draft.

ding, ding ding... we have a winner.

Idzik gets a pass for the QB situation.  Letting Geno start his 2nd season after showing growth in year 1, was ok by me.

I can let him slide on the CB situation too.  He got a fabulous deal for Revis and many of us thought Cro was done.  You can't predict the injuries we had.

Butchering the draft is what did him in.    I don't know who he was listening to, but that's what got him fired.   

The AFCC Game in 2009 is a mirage, Rex did nothing except benefit from Polian's idiotic forcing of Jim Caldwell to remove Peyton Manning from that game against the Jets at halftime to avoid risk of injury, preplacing him with Curtis Painter. Curtis Painter < Al Woodall and / or Bob Davis.

Had Manning remained in that game, the Jets lose, miss the playoffs, and there is no AFCC Game in 2009 for us. Also, I know it could never be Rex's fault the following year when "his defense" forgot to show up in the AFCC game in Pittsburgh.. That was the most disappointed I have ever been after a Jets game. Not the fact that we lost on the road, but the way we lost. Not showing up until the 2nd half.

Aren't you guys sick of never playing a home playoff game? Aren't you guys sick of never having a shot to win it all?

Rex is a great defensive mind, or at least he used to be. Rex has no concept of offense except how to defend it, and even that skill has slipped.

I like Rex as a person, he was always fun to listen to and treated people the way he wanted to be treated, I like Rex as a DC as well, but clearly it was time to move on.

Let's just ignore the two games they won to get them to the AFCCG.

He didn't make some of those moves (eg not signing Revis/Cromartie) until this year yet they say idzik should've been fired after last year? Meanwhile they went 8-8 and saved a lot of cap money (and drafted Richardson plus Dee Milliner and Geno both looked promising). Idzik looked like he did okay going into this past offseason. I think what really did him in was this past year's draft.

I agree it was mostly last year, but the draft was just a piece of it.  The whole off season was a complete disaster.

In hindsight you need to ask the question, is it possible with a better HC we might have gone all the way. Why is it so easy for many here to ignore his flaws , flaws that may have prevented some very good teams from accomplishing more.

I thought about that and the answer in my mind is no.  He got the most out of what he had.

Archived