Reports state Tom Cable being considered for Jets HC

long suffering jets fan

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's a little off and from another planet it seems (which O-Line coach isn't...) but you can't argue with the success he's had. He did a great job with the Raiders O-Line a few years ago and he actually did a good job when he took over as HC over there before being kicked out which proved to be a big mistake. And now he's doing great things in Seattle. Tough guy who the players would go to war with, I wouldn't mind him. Not sure if he can handle the NY media though.

Here is why you interview Cable. So that Woody, Wolf and Casserly can work out the interview kinks. Some common interview kinks:

• Does the receptionist bring him into the conference room or the waiting area when he arrives?
  • Do you offer him coffee or water by showing him where it is, or bringing it to him?
  • Who checks with the driver to see how he was on the ride there? Was he complaining about traffic? Do you get this info before or after the interview?
  • Do Wolf - Cass and Woody interview at the same time? One on one? How long does each one get?

You work those kinks out with a candidate you know you aren't hiring. That is why Cable is on this list.

interested on roto it said that it's widely assumed that if Cable leaves the Seahawks, Marshawn Lynch would follow.

He's more likely to follow money. And while he's a great back, I don't think between him and Ivory there's a big dropoff. If any at that. Hand Ivory the rock 300+ times behind an elite line and then watch him go. He's leading the league in a bunch of key statistics as far as running the ball in a limited role (broken tackles, yards after contact etc.). Lynch wouldn't do any or much better here than Ivory would. I say extend Ivory (fairly cheap considering his upside and his value right now), make him your feature back and then hand Powell the #2 job as well as the 3rd down role. Very little cap space would be wasted on them and we could get huge production on out them. The worst thing we could do right now is waste our cap space on a high profile RB. And then once again make all those guys split carries again. It was a waste with Chris Johnson, we should learn from it and move on.

Wouldn't hate it. And, yeah, he punched the sh*t out of a guy. F*ck yeah, I say. After 6 years of talk, I want a man of action.

Worst quote of the year. This is the big leagues, not some sideshow little game where parents and coaches are rolling around on the grass like idiots. The Jets are a 2 billion dollar franchise. Dudes who are too unprofessional and raunchy for AL DAVIS are not the answer. Next he will be finger banging secretaries and interns after practice like Favre. I would hire him as an O-line coach, but not as the face of the franchise.

Archived