Rex Has two HC inteviews next week

AFJF

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buffalo showing interest in Rex. His faux tough guy act would play well with the blue collar rubes up there.

It worked (and is still working) on our fans, sure it'll work on theirs.

That would be a terrible fit for Rex. He needs to go somewhere where the offense is already the strength of the team. He can't walk into another QB-less black hole. 

Perfect fit for Rex: any head coaching gig that doesn't require him being a head coach.

My guess is that the Atlanta and SF jobs are the only ones that are attractive.  Atlanta, especially.

Agreed.

I don't think Rex takes the Buffalo job, their defense is already as good as it gets without his genius, and the offense has potential to be exactly the same as here, with Rex's input it's almost a guarantee. I think Rex to Buffalo, Marrone to Jets rumors are part of a chess game going on between the two teams... with little to really be gained by either.

I'm beginning to think the detective is actually detective sexton

That, or he's good at sounding like he's got more insight than everyone else. Either way, he's making these long days while we wait more interesting... like bongo59 did years ago on JI in the Reggie Bush draft. LOL

Agreed.

I don't think Rex takes the Buffalo job, their defense is already as good as it gets without his genius, and the offense has potential to be exactly the same as here, with Rex's input it's almost a guarantee. I think Rex to Buffalo, Marrone to Jets rumors are part of a chess game going on between the two teams... with little to really be gained by either.

I'm really interested to see what comes out of the Rex/Atlanta situation. If they pass on him, I think it confirms a lot of our suspicions that Rex is a guy that a lot of people like, but no one actually wants to employ.

That, or he's good at sounding like he's got more insight than everyone else. Either way, he's making these long days while we wait more interesting... like bongo59 did years ago on JI in the Reggie Bush draft. LOL

Ham loved Reggie said he was the best player to come out in the last 25 years.. Although last year he also loved Johnny Football..

I'm really interested to see what comes out of the Rex/Atlanta situation. If they pass on him, I think it confirms a lot of our suspicions that Rex is a guy that a lot of people like, but no one actually wants to employ.

And if they hire him it would still confirm your suspicion that he sucks..snapoutofit.gif

Ham loved Reggie said he was the best player to come out in the last 25 years.. Although last year he also loved Johnny Football..

lol, well yeah... he never did quite know what he was talking about, but he was always mad and passionate when he was talking about it.

Rex getting or not getting a job in Atlanta isn't going to make we waiver one bit. I have a fair amount of conviction in my opinions there, Arthur Blank being a dope isn't going to change that.

Rex getting or not getting a job in Atlanta isn't going to make we waiver one bit. I have a fair amount of conviction in my opinions there, Arthur Blank being a dope isn't going to change that.

I mean, Blank isn't stupid. I could see Rex go in there and give him the old soft-shoe, though.

This has been hilarious.

Jets fans send money to fly banners and put up billboards.

I feel sorry for long-time Jets fans.

Tnx TX. Next year will be 36 years as a Season Ticket Holder. I am past feeling sorry for myself. Now I am resigned to the fact that I'm just an idiot. :winking0001:  Happy New Year.

Rex will take the 2010 AFCCG to his grave. That was inexcusable.

Atlanta and ESPN are Rex ' s best options. If he doesn't get the Falcons he's going to TV IMO.

I don't think it's a coincidence that he hired a broadcasting agent late this week. He had to believe that he was going to get more offers than this.

I don't think it's a coincidence that he hired a broadcasting agent late this week. He had to believe that he was going to get more offers than this.

BoyItellya, he's the most talented 2 interview coach in the league, and stuff like that.

Sav- Does this make it sound like Rex had set the right "tone"?

http://nesn.com/2011/01/darrelle-revis-says-jets-were-too-relaxed-against-steelers-after-defeating-patriots-in-playoffs/

Every Patriots fan cringed as they watched the Jets' players soar across the field at Gillette Stadium, reveling in the playoff victory over their AFC East rivals. They won the game, so they were entitled to a celebration.

According to Darrelle Revis, however, that happy buzz from New England lingered a bit too long in the Jets' locker room and affected their play against the Steelers. Revis said that the Jets were too "relaxed" in the AFC Championship, because of the residual effects from the win over the Pats, ESPN.com reports.

"I think … you could say that," Revis said of the team letdown after the divisional win. "Yeah, you could say that. On people's body language, you can kind of see guys just relaxed. Guys are relaxed and didn't know what was at stake. That's why we came out so flat and we didn't finish strong."

The Jets were stunned by the Steelers in the first half of last Sunday's game, as a solid running effort by Pittsburgh gave them a 24-3 lead heading into halftime. The Jets tried to rebound with a few motivational speeches in the locker room, which helped, but it wasn't enough as the Steelers came away with the 24-19 victory, and the bid to the Super Bowl.

Revis, along with Jets tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson have one more week of football as they will be playing for the AFC under Bill Belichick at the Pro Bowl in Honolulu on Jan. 30.

The players didn't know what was at stake? Really? The AFC Championship game and they didn't know what was at stake? I was sitting on my couch watching the game and I knew what was at stake. This sounds more like a problem with the players, not the coach.

The players didn't know what was at stake? Really? The AFC Championship game and they didn't know what was at stake? I was sitting on my couch watching the game and I knew what was at stake. This sounds more like a problem with the players, not the coach.

Who's job is it to focus his team on the task at hand? And in this case who treats every win as grounds for a Thanksgiving Day parade of celebration? What message does that send to the players? 

This has been hilarious.

Jets fans send money to fly banners and put up billboards.

I feel sorry for long-time Jets fans.

This guy has 17,764 posts on a Jets board. If anything you should feel sorry for yourself. Did patsfan.com ban you or something? Cause you have a strange ass obsession with the Jets.

So everyone is killing Rex for the performance(s) in the AFCC - and rightly so - but he should get credit for the win the week before.  Yes, his strategy insured that he would either lose to the Pats or the following week to (anyone), which makes it essentially useless.  But I can't think of any other coach that would have gotten us up enough to beat the Pats after getting killed by them a few weeks earlier.

Which is why I think he will (and should) get another chance to be a HC.  He has some rare abilities - coupled with idiotic flaws.  If he's hired, it's in the hope that he will learn / grow with the change of scenery.

I predict more of this:

"Again the great thing is, I am going to be true to myself. I said that the day I took the job whether we win, lose, or draw I am going to be true to myself. When I walk out this door and I am not going to make this thing guaranteed, but I am thinking twenty years. When I walk out this door I am going to be like I did it my way. The one shot…I am going to get one shot in life to be a head football coach in this league and I am going to do it my way and have no regrets. You know, what I know I am a great defensive coach. I'm trying to become a great head coach. I know I will be."

Archived