Rex Has two HC inteviews next week

AFJF

You guys are talking about why Rex isn't coach here, but you are acting like it means he should never get another job/is a total sh*t coach.  The two things are not the same.  He hurt your feelings losing to the Pats and Steelers?  I didn't think we should retain him, but that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve a job as much or more than guys like Cable, Sparano, Mangini, Rivera, Lovie Smith, etc.  Personally I think the best thing for Rex would probably be one year collecting the Jets money on TV and setting himself for a 2016 job, but there might be a position that suits him better available now.  

great post there's a ton of real estate between Rex Needs to Go and Rex will never be a HC again. Jets fans are being spiteful, kinda like Revis. just cause the team gets rid of someone doesn't necessarily mean they are bad.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Rex goes to Atlanta, or San Fran. Both solid rosters, he bolsters their D and the league sets us up with a game against him week 1 of the new season. We get stomped, papers write how letting go of Rex was the worst thing we could do and Rex got his revenge. Three seasons later, he butchers their team and we get the last laugh? Is that how it goes?

So Rex goes to Atlanta, or San Fran. Both solid rosters, he bolsters their D and the league sets us up with a game against him week 1 of the new season. We get stomped, papers write how letting go of Rex was the worst thing we could do and Rex got his revenge. Three seasons later, he butchers their team and we get the last laugh? Is that how it goes?

Only if you believe Rex was the GM..

What if he win the SB in his first two years and then we get the last laugh because he couldn't make it a three peat?  Let it go dude. 

Has he predicted Super Bowl wins with both teams, yet?

He's taken a good look at both teams and observed that they both had great practices and all that stuff, that the guys were flying around and all that stuff and that both are a zillion times better than he thought and all that stuff

Gonna be sad for his fan club when he fails to get a foot in the door for the HC position of either of them

You guys are talking about why Rex isn't coach here, but you are acting like it means he should never get another job/is a total sh*t coach. The two things are not the same. He hurt your feelings losing to the Pats and Steelers? I didn't think we should retain him, but that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve a job as much or more than guys like Cable, Sparano, Mangini, Rivera, Lovie Smith, etc. Personally I think the best thing for Rex would probably be one year collecting the Jets money on TV and setting himself for a 2016 job, but there might be a position that suits him better available now.

It's not that he doesn't deserve another job, it's that the Rex fan boys are convinced he'll be a multiple time Super Bowl winning coach in that job.

No way Rex goes anywhere without a good QB.. And Orton is on milk cartons in Buffalo now at least he could have pulled a BB and resigned on a cocktail napkin..

Rex has no idea at all what a good qb is so someone will have to tell him.  A year earlier and he'd have a tattoo of kyle orton on his bicep.

Add to that the fact that the moment that Rex had the chance to take control of the division he lost to New England by 42-points.

Yeah, that one hurt... like, never able to look at him the same hurt.

In all fairness to REX.  We beat the PATS in the playoffs that year.  My beef with REX is the up and down, never a win after a big win etc...  I see the same for jim where ever he goes. I will miss the Bravado but not the poor coaching and player development.

In all fairness to REX.  We beat the PATS in the playoffs that year.  My beef with REX is the up and down, never a win after a big win etc...  I see the same for jim where ever he goes. I will miss the Bravado but not the poor coaching and player development.

Great synopsis of Rex's career with the Jets. Let me add....in 6 years he never evolved as a coach, never got better. Even though he will probably ace an interview again like he did with Woody, real NFL people will see he is not qualified to run the whole show. Unlike 6 years ago, he now has a body of work to evaluate him on, not just BS .

Only if you believe Rex was the GM..

Well if those teams' owners are stupid enough to give Rex as much say and control over personnel as Woody and his pair of flunky GMs did in Florham Park, then they will have similar results as did the Jets.

Yeah, we beat the Pats, celebrated like we won the Lombardi, then laid an egg the following week. Big deal.

In my opinion, the emotional ebb and flow of this team's "getting up" for certain games was a reflection of Rex not setting the right tone. Every week should matter, not just a handful of them. Every opponent should be taken seriously, not just the Patriots. 

I won't miss any of it. The bravado was drenched in insecurity, I never felt any of it was genuine. If he was as tough as he always said he would, then he'd have responded better to getting punched in the mouth by other team's that out-toughed us. 

Want a tough team? Get players that live it every snap.... you don't establish "tough" at the microphone.

Yeah, we beat the Pats, celebrated like we won the Lombardi, then laid an egg the following week. Big deal.

In my opinion, the emotional ebb and flow of this team's "getting up" for certain games was a reflection of Rex not setting the right tone. Every week should matter, not just a handful of them. Every opponent should be taken seriously, not just the Patriots. 

I won't miss any of it. The bravado was drenched in insecurity, I never felt any of it was genuine. If he was as tough as he always said he would, then he'd have responded better to getting punched in the mouth by other team's that out-toughed us. 

Want a tough team? Get players that live it every snap.... you don't establish "tough" at the microphone.

So whose fault was it when the 16-0,13-3 Pats lost Bowls to the 10-6,9-7 Giants?? Was the right tone not set by BB??

Totally agreed.   REX, IMO, will be same ole rex no matter where he goes.

So whose fault was it when the 16-0,13-3 Pats lost Bowls to the 10-6,9-7 Giants?? Was the right tone not set by BB??

You mean SB winning BB, whose team has won more divisions in the last 10 years than JETS have had playoff wins?  That guy?

REX record is exactly who REX is. A non developer of talent. 6 years and virtually NO improvement in any area of the team.

You mean SB winning BB, whose team has won more divisions in the last 10 years than JETS have had playoff wins?  That guy?

REX record is exactly who REX is. A non developer of talent. 6 years and virtually NO improvement in any area of the team.

I noticed you didn't answer the question about BB's tone?? And where was the Jet D ranked after Rex took over and was the running game not better?? Rex had his faults no doubt but to say there was never any improvement in any phase of the team is your Rex hate talking.. snapoutofit.gif

Possibly. But, great coaches can lose big games and had their teams ready to play.

FACT-Players said that that the Jets were flat when they faced the Steelers in the AFCCG.

The players didnt need to say it, it was obvious. Rex was STILL talking about the Patriots game on wed (the prep week for the Steelers).

Possibly. But, great coaches can lose big games and had their teams ready to play.

FACT-Players said that that the Jets were flat when they faced the Steelers in the AFCCG.

And Brady who had 50 tds and 8 picks in 2007 would make any HC look great..

I noticed you didn't answer the question about BB's tone?? And where was the Jet D ranked after Rex took over and was the running game not better?? Rex had his faults no doubt but to say there was never any improvement in any phase of the team is your Rex hate talking.. snapoutofit.gif

BB lost both super bowls by the slightest of margins. the Patriots played well in both losses to the Giants. did they go down 24-0 in the first half like Rex did against the Steelers in one of the biggest games for the Jets? um no. and the Steelers werent even playing well. the Jets gave that game away.

And Brady who had 50 tds and 8 picks in 2007 would make any HC look great..

Too bad Rex could nit develop that type of QB ;)

This may come as a bit of a surprise for some, but coaches should develop players also and mold them. Not just take what is given them, and throw them on teh field. The way that BB managed TB was a progression. He did not just throw him out there and start slinging. TB was very much a "game manager" when TB won a SB his first year as a starter.

Archived