Who do the JEts take #6? Jameis Winston or Amari Cooper?

Blackout

Do the Jets take Jameis or Cooper 6th?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. who

• Jameis Winston
    • Amari Cooper

after FSU rolls up on Oregon, Winston could go 1. 

I do think there's a decent chance Amari Cooper could be there, however. He's not Calvin Johnson type of athlete. He's not even Sammy Watkins. Great player on the field but questionable how he will work out. 

I do think there's a decent chance Amari Cooper could be there, however. He's not Calvin Johnson type of athlete. He's not even Sammy Watkins. Great player on the field but questionable how he will work out. 

I disagree with Sammie comment, the Jills fan I know are worried about Sammie.  Cooper will be much better as Coop continues to get better.,..he has same work ethic as jerry rice, and yes I predicted Coop will break all his records.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's not going to happen. Florida State is probably one of the most overrated undefeated teams in recent college football history. I don't think their defense has a chance of slowing down Oregon.

That's not going to happen. Florida State is probably one of the most overrated undefeated teams in recent college football history. I don't think their defense has a chance of slowing down Oregon.

If FSU struggled vs  Virginia  BC Louisville  Miami..... Don't see how they will stay close to Oregon.  Pac 10 is 4-0 in bowls and ACC is 3-5

What do you base that on? The fact that he has been accused of stuff he may or may not have done? On the football field, I see a big, strong armed QB playing in a pro style offense taking center snaps and all. I see a guy making all the throws necessary, and as far as Florida State is concerned he has done nothing wrong. This guy seems far more mature than Johnny freaking Football who is a total clown and a joke. He (Johnny Manziel) will never be a good NFL QB, but Winston WILL. And I hope it is for the NY Jets.

I wanted nothing to do with Manziel and said he'd be injured before week 4 so I have no idea why you brought him up. Last season I thought Evans and Benjamin were good picks.

It's based on watching every FSU game not just the teams record. Winston plays reckless, throws the ball up for grabs hoping his receivers will make a play and make poor decisions.

He'll be a turnover machine in the NFL.

I think you pick the QB, and enter camp with Geno and Winston splitting reps. Geno should, in theory, win out if Winston isn't ready, which would suit me fine. Geno can take the lumps while Winston studies, learns and targets the starting job.

If Winston wins outright in camp, so be it. Best man plays.

I'd sign on for this.  I've got no problem picking a QB early and often till we find one.  I doubt if either of these guys will be there but I'd be ok with the same game plan with our 2nd round QB.

I'd sign on for this.  I've got no problem picking a QB early and often till we find one.  I doubt if either of these guys will be there but I'd be ok with the same game plan with our 2nd round QB.

Cant keep wasting early round picks on "what if" QBs this formula hasn't worked. Nagle,Bollinger,Ratliff,Clemens,McElroy,Boyd etc etc........

That's pretty much the last reason I wouldn't draft him. How many teams didn't think Aaron Rogers was worth it? Russell Wilson? Tom Brady?!? If your scouting team gives Jameis their top grade, you take him and you don't look back.

It seems to me that his point is that he trusts other team's scouting teams more than our own.

I wanted nothing to do with Manziel and said he'd be injured before week 4 so I have no idea why you brought him up. Last season I thought Evans and Benjamin were good picks.

It's based on watching every FSU game not just the teams record. Winston plays reckless, throws the ball up for grabs hoping his receivers will make a play and make poor decisions.

He'll be a turnover machine in the NFL.

Also a thief and a rapist and perhaps more immature than johnny football if that is possible. Shameus has many of the same talents as  Jamarcus had.

Cant keep wasting early round picks on "what if" QBs this formula hasn't worked. Nagle,Bollinger,Ratliff,Clemens,McElroy,Boyd etc etc........

Huh? None of those guys were drafted in the first round. Two were drafted in the 2nd round. And you keep taking QBs until you strike it rich with one.

And I'm not sure how you lump Browning Nagle in with all of the recent failures. That's a reach.

Huh? None of those guys were drafted in the first round. Two were drafted in the 2nd round. And you keep taking QBs until you strike it rich with one.

And I'm not sure how you lump Browning Nagle in with all of the recent failures. That's a reach.

Wasted draft picks is my point. Ok then lets pick a QB with each of our 10 draft picks in the 2015 draft why not? 

Given the fact that I didnt have an option to pick "neither" I would suppose Winston would be the pick. You can have all the weapons you want, but if you dont have someone to utilize them then they're useless. Besides, for once we're not WR deficient and I'd prefer to draft WR Devin Smith in the 2nd rd. The difference between him and Cooper is popularity when it comes to fan fair. Cooper is a beast, but you can still draft a beast and get yourself a QB. 

If Geno ends up being the best QB on the team with Cooper and Decker as the WR's that might as well be considered a failure because both guys will probably be underutilized, but we will probably have another season of 15 picks and 4 fumbles. If Winston is the QB with Decker/Smith, then I would say that its a step in the right direction. 

You don't bring in a rookie QB with rookie WR starting for him. Thats why I picked Amari Cooper. We can pick a QB next yr in the 1st if it warrants the draft spot. That way, we would have two WRs ready to lift the QB. If we go Winston, we better have one of the top WRs under contract along with Decker.

Wasted draft picks is my point. Ok then lets pick a QB with each of our 10 draft picks in the 2015 draft why not? 

Every team in the national football league has wasted picks every single season. If you don't try, especially at the QB position, you'll never try. You should probably draft a QB in every draft if you are deficient at the position, which the Jets are.

I don't think you actually have a point. Like at all.

I don't think pick Winston for the simple reason. The only way he falls to us over three teams that can use QBs (TB, TN, WAS) is if there were major red flags raised about him, and even teams desperate for a QB decided it wasn't worth it.

In a weird way, I would've had a better inclination to draft him if we were picking 2nd, with the hope that when we looked into him, we deemed that some of the stuff was overblown and the talent was just too much. However, at 6, we would know atleast 2 teams with dire needs at QB thought otherwise.

I pick Cooper because of it. Either Winston is going to be gone, or be proven too much of a head case.

Not the worst explanation of wanting him at #2 but not at #6. However, teams decide to go different directions for various reasons. For instance, Tennessee might say Cooper graded out 95 while Winston graded out 90 in their evaluations and decide to take one more last look at Locker with Cooper. Same with Washington with RGIII. Bucs go Mariotta so they should be out of the discussion. Jags? Thats a different story. It seems more and more likely we wouldn't have a shot at possibly either of the two players. In that case, it would be wise to drop back in to the teens and pick a 2nd rounder or drop down to the twenties n pick up a 2nd AND 3rd. WR heavy draft again so even if we go WR at, say 18, I wouldn't mind another WR in the extra round 2 we picked up. One of them should work out. 

Every team in the national football league has wasted picks every single season. If you don't try, especially at the QB position, you'll never try. You should probably draft a QB in every draft if you are deficient at the position, which the Jets are.

I don't think you actually have a point. Like at all.

My point is we have 0 success doing that. Last great QB drafted by the Jets was Joe Namath. 

My point is we have 0 success doing that. Last great QB drafted by the Jets was Joe Namath. 

So what is your solution for the Quarterback situation the Jets currently find themselves in, because there isn't a viable starter on the roster as it stands. There is not much help available via the draft this year, at pick #6 especially. So. How do you fix it?

So what is your solution for the Quarterback situation the Jets currently find themselves in, because there isn't a viable starter on the roster as it stands. There is not much help available via the draft this year, at pick #6 especially. So. How do you fix it?

Mariota or Winston aren't sure things many have failed before them also 1st round draft picks. You either throw big money at a proven free agent NFL QB Brees,Manning examples or you settle for mediocracy by signing a decent free agent and sticking with Geno Smith if you see a kid available in the 5th 6th round that could be a diamond in the rough after your scouting department evaluates him you draft him. 

Tom Brady is proof that a great QB doesn't have to be drafted in the first round. 

You don't bring in a rookie QB with rookie WR starting for him. Thats why I picked Amari Cooper. We can pick a QB next yr in the 1st if it warrants the draft spot. That way, we would have two WRs ready to lift the QB. If we go Winston, we better have one of the top WRs under contract along with Decker.

Its not like I want Winston in the first place. I just decided to entertain the thread. With that said, you surely can have a rookie QB and WR for as long as the WR isn't the #1 WR. We have Decker, a 2nd year TE and a solid running game. It wouldnt be the end of the world. 

Mariota or Winston aren't sure things many have failed before them also 1st round draft picks. You either throw big money at a proven free agent NFL QB Brees,Manning examples or you settle for mediocracy by signing a decent free agent and sticking with Geno Smith if you see a kid available in the 5th 6th round that could be a diamond in the rough after your scouting department evaluates him you draft him. 

Tom Brady is proof that a great QB doesn't have to be drafted in the first round. 

You're talking in circles. You just said you can't keep drafting QBs and then, here, you say draft one. I'm still not sure what your point is.

The Jets need to this offseason at QB: sign a FA to compete, say goodbye to Vick and Simms, and draft a QB in whatever round they feel is going to get them a guy who could be the future, and see what happens. So, yes, they are drafting a QB this season. Probably in an early round.

Moving up 2 spots will cost a third, using the value chart. Numerous reports have the Titans not taking a QB, including one of their most trusted beat writers, who reported this again just yesterday. Winston may be there. Nobody can predict the draft. If he is, we should grab him.

Its not like I want Winston in the first place. I just decided to entertain the thread. With that said, you surely can have a rookie QB and WR for as long as the WR isn't the #1 WR. We have Decker, a 2nd year TE and a solid running game. It wouldnt be the end of the world. 

We've been there before a couple of times. I'd prefer we have complete/solid supporting cast for the rookie QB. That isn't to say Winston can't have a rookie season like Marino or a rookie WR can't have a rookie yr like Randy Moss.

You're talking in circles. You just said you can't keep drafting QBs and then, here, you say draft one. I'm still not sure what your point is.

The Jets need to this offseason at QB: sign a FA to compete, say goodbye to Vick and Simms, and draft a QB in whatever round they feel is going to get them a guy who could be the future, and see what happens. So, yes, they are drafting a QB this season. Probably in an early round.

Bo Wallace but early rounds you need to draft immediate impact players who come in and help immediately.

Agreed. Draft tackle at 6, move Brick to rt, sign Iupatti, dump Giacomini, and let Aboushi, Winters and Dozier fight for other g spot.

Brick is definitely not a right tackle, if we draft a tackle he's probably starting on the right side till at least after next season when Brick can be cut. Giacomini was another great steal off the Seahawks by Idzik

Trade a 3rd for Mike Glennon.

Archived