Who do the JEts take #6? Jameis Winston or Amari Cooper?

Blackout

Do the Jets take Jameis or Cooper 6th?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. who

• Jameis Winston
    • Amari Cooper

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mariota or Winston aren't sure things many have failed before them also 1st round draft picks. You either throw big money at a proven free agent NFL QB Brees,Manning examples or you settle for mediocracy by signing a decent free agent and sticking with Geno Smith if you see a kid available in the 5th 6th round that could be a diamond in the rough after your scouting department evaluates him you draft him. 

Tom Brady is proof that a great QB doesn't have to be drafted in the first round. 

Great, all we have to do is find one of the top three QBs ever in the sixth round.

Great, all we have to do is find one of the top three QBs ever in the sixth round.

Good luck with that also we dont have the coaching staff to develop a young QB or an old QB for that matter. 

I watch alot of NFL football other teams coach the QB before during and after the game here the players sit down and eat snacks did you see Decker on Sunday reminded me of the Sanchez hot dog.

I think that Winston goes #1. He's just a better pro prospect than Mariota.. and that's coming from a guy that likes Mariota.

Once the draft process gets really started I think Mariota's game getting picked apart (system, reads, etc.) along with the recent history of quarterbacks like him lately, Mariota will slide a little bit. Maybe only to Tennessee at #2, but he will fall out of the first pick.

Winston has the "it" factor that a lot of quarterbacks don't have. Complete moron off the field but I think in the end he goes #1.

I think that Winston goes #1. He's just a better pro prospect than Mariota.. and that's coming from a guy that likes Mariota.

Once the draft process gets really started I think Mariota's game getting picked apart (system, reads, etc.) along with the recent history of quarterbacks like him lately, Mariota will slide a little bit. Maybe only to Tennessee at #2, but he will fall out of the first pick.

Winston has the "it" factor that a lot of quarterbacks don't have. Complete moron off the field but I think in the end he goes #1.

If this happens the Jets need to put together a deal any team can't refuse to get Mariota. 

I want Jameis Winston to be my QB next year. I know all the risks, but I see a strong sturdy playmaker who knows how to get it done when it matters most. The bright lights will not phase the kid. We don't have a franchise QB. We are not in a position to pass on one if he were available.

Bo Wallace draft stock dropping he's being SHUTOUT

another over rated SEC team

SEC honks will say it's a "meaningless" bowl game but this is the biggest game for Ole Miss since Eli played there

i want none of these chokers on Ole Miss anywhere near the Jets

another over rated SEC team

SEC honks will say it's a "meaningless" bowl game but this is the biggest game for Ole Miss since Eli played there

i want none of these chokers on Ole Miss anywhere near the Jets

It was meaningless.

Ole Miss wanted to be in the playoffs and did not give two sh*ts about the Peach. 

TCU was pissed for being left out and took it out on Ole Miss.

Not really a shock as it happens in the bowl season all the time.

If FSU struggled vs  Virginia  BC Louisville  Miami..... Don't see how they will stay close to Oregon.  Pac 10 is 4-0 in bowls and ACC is 3-5

What does this have to do with FSU vs Oregon? Because some teams in their conference lost bowl games?

If Winston is there and he is not sued for sexual assault, you take him.

It was meaningless.

Ole Miss wanted to be in the playoffs and did not give two sh*ts about the Peach. 

TCU was pissed for being left out and took it out on Ole Miss.

Not really a shock as it happens in the bowl season all the time.

TCU was only a 3 point favorite and won by 39 points    if anyone knew this was going to happen the spread would have been a lot larger.

How can you Winston guys not see the trouble coming from a million miles away? Never mind that I'm not sold on him as a QB to begin with. The guy is a straight up bad dude. You want a culture change on the NYJ? Fine. Let's just not adopt the Ravens culture.

How can you Winston guys not see the trouble coming from a million miles away? Never mind that I'm not sold on him as a QB to begin with. The guy is a straight up bad dude. You want a culture change on the NYJ? Fine. Let's just not adopt the Ravens culture.

The above opinion, which I can respect, is exactly why he may be there when we draft. Mariotta is a choir boy type, many franchises want to draft. IMO, Winston has way more upside. If we have to trade up a couple of spots to grab him, you do it.

if Cooper runs a 4.5 and all these other WR run 4.3 we can revisit the conversation. We already know he's not 6'5". hes rumored to not have great timed speed. Alot of time before May... 

Coop is same exact size and weight as Sammy W,... Sammy ran a 4.4 but he is lazy does not work hard every play..a big disappointment so far

if Cooper runs a 4.5 and all these other WR run 4.3 we can revisit the conversation. We already know he's not 6'5". hes rumored to not have great timed speed. Alot of time before May... 

Where are all these rumors coming from?

The star Alabama wide receiver, who will be a true junior this fall, said he ran unofficlal 40-yard dashes of 4.31, 4.35 and 4.38 seconds following Alabama's pro day event last week.

"It's all about technique in the 40," Cooper said, according to al.com. "I'm trying to get faster and I guess you guys will see whenever I decide to come out."

I've watched every college game Winston has played.

Showing up and getting lucky for one quarter of the football game isn't going to cut it in the NFL.

you don't "get lucky" by going undefeated 2 years in a row.  it takes talent and perseverance.

Archived