Doug Marrone Opts Out - MERGED

JetsFanatic

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't be interested. He's not bad but he's the type of coach that has a ceiling. He may get your team to 9-7 or 10-6 but that's it. He's not going to change the culture.

I would have rather kept Rex and I wanted him gone.

lol, look back at our history and see how often we've won over 9 games... Also, going to the playoffs changes your culture, not vaudeville buffoonery during press conferences.

When Rex was taking us to playoffs he was "changing the culture", when he wasn't it was SOJ. Winning is the only culture that matters.

@JasonLaCanfora: Marrone will quickly emerge as a HC candidate with the Jets. And if Maccagnan gets that GM job, Marrone's candidacy will only get stronger

@JasonLaCanfora: And with the Jets, Marrone and Maccagnan go way, way back. Maccagnan signed him to be QB of the London Monarchs in 1991. Strong bond there

Think Jason meant OL.

@McClain_on_NFL: Mike Maccagnan has been a tireless worker behind the scenes helping Texans draft players who won 2 division titles and finish 9-7 in 2014.

@McClain_on_NFL: Director of college scouting Mike Maccagnan and director of pro personnel Brian Gaine r 2 of the most respected members of the front office

This is comforting, if only because there would be an allegedly decent GM prospect out there willing to take the job if Woody runs out a hires Marrone this weekend.

He is among my top tier of choices. He went 9-7 with Kyle Morton ant he is a disciplinarian.

Agreed. Other than Sammy Watkins, who was just alright , the Bills accomplished a lot with pretty meager offensive talent.

I'll take Schwartz and his defense too, while we're at it.

Of the names I'm hearing I'm content with Marrone, Bowles, and Quinn.

@BrianCoz: For the "need to hire a GM first" crowd, the Seahawks hired Pete Carroll, then John Schneider. It has worked out.

@RapSheet: Why is Doug Marrone coveted? He led #Bills to their best record in a decade, despite a sale, displacement from snow storms and no QB.

Marrone had the balls to bench EJ with total disregard for the front office. I like that. I also like that his team played with a mean streak. One last thing. I seriously doubt Marrone will underutilize Chris Ivory.

He wasn't on my radar but I am warming up to the idea.

He's your first choice because he kicked Rex ass 3 out of 4 times or because you think he could develop a winning culture and possibly lead the team to a Superbowl? Because anything else besides that is not needed.

That Bills team had every excuse to go into the tank coming into this season, and they pulled it together. That squad was halfway to Canada this summer, with a QB that everyone hated. Marrone undressed his GM on the practice field when the GM tried to force his hand with Manuel. Lots to like there, considering what he'll be facing with our own backwards franchise.

Marrone had the balls to bench EJ with total disregard for the front office. I like that. I also like that his team played with a mean streak. One last thing. I seriously doubt Marrone will underutilize Chris Ivory.

He wasn't on my radar but I am warming up to the idea.

Same here.

I can hear you folks already after 2 years of Doug, why the @&@,^ did we fire Rex to get this piece of &@#% !!!!

Mean while, Rex is taking the Falcons to the NFC championship game and beyond. So typical Jets, fire one and bring in someone even worst.

@BrianCoz: For the "need to hire a GM first" crowd, the Seahawks hired Pete Carroll, then John Schneider. It has worked out.

@RapSheet: Why is Doug Marrone coveted? He led #Bills to their best record in a decade, despite a sale, displacement from snow storms and no QB.

Also if it is Marrone, maybe the Jets already know who they want as the GM. Didn't Woody say the GM and the HC need to be on the same page. Marrone and the guys who's Casserly's favorite are Buds.

I can hear you folks already after 2 years of Doug, why the @&@,^ did we fire Rex to get this piece of &@#% !!!!

Mean while, Rex is taking the Falcons to the NFC championship game and beyond. So typical Jets, fire one and bring in someone even worst.

It's like you see right through me.

Three consistencies can be easily seen in 99 percent of the HC candidates the Jets appear to be considering

1. Intelligent

2. Let their actions and results speak, not Bigmouth boasts

3. Appear to coach all three units

Three very important things that make them the Anti-WRECKS

Archived