Doug Marrone Opts Out - MERGED

JetsFanatic

What I find amusing is that when Charlie Casserly submits that Rex was a coach of the year candidate, you swallow that tripe and write an article athat Casserly might "be Rex's Savior".

As Casserly is "enamored" with Marrone, you totally discount that.

Seems to be some selective analysis.

What I find amusing is that this is at least the third, if not the fourth or fifth time you've made a post referencing the fact that I'm trying to help out a little bit and post some articles for the site.  You rarely spoke to me in the past, if at all, but now you clearly have an issue with me writing on here and I have no idea why.  If it bothers you that much, feel free to ignore what I put out there.

Secondly, the "tripe" to which you are referring, was written because Casserly was on record regarding Rex.  It was a direct quote from him in an interview when asked about Rex and the Jets.  Saying publicly that a coach should have been named coach of the year less than one year earlier, is a pretty strong public endorsement.

His interest in Marrone up to this point is pure speculation.  I've not heard him say in any interviews that he believes Marrone is one of the best coaches in the NFL.  If that is the case, and he has, then I apologize, I was unaware of him heaping any public praise on Marrone.

Edited by AirForceJetFan

What I find amusing is that this is at least the third, if not the fourth or fifth time you've made a post referencing the fact that I'm trying to help out a little bit and post some articles for the site.  You rarely spoke to me in the past, if at all, but now you clearly have an issue with me writing on here and I have no idea why.  If it bothers you that much, feel free to ignore what I put out there.

Secondly, the "tripe" to which you are referring, was written because Casserly was on record regarding Rex.  It was a direct quote from him in an interview when asked about Rex and the Jets.  Saying publicly that a coach should have been named coach of the year less than one year earlier, is a pretty strong public endorsement.

His interest in Marrone up to this point is pure speculation.  I've not heard him say in any interviews that he believes Marrone is one of the best coaches in the NFL.  If that is the case, and he has, then I apologize, I was unaware of him heaping any public praise on Marrone.

First, get over yourself. You write articles for the site, I will comment on them. Articles are not meant to be a "no comment" zone-unless I am aunaware of something. Thank you for doing it. I did it for a short period myself. No big deal. People agreed and disagreed with what I said. Again, no big  deal.

The comments about Marrone are linked to this site.

really, stop making this about YOU.

First, get over yourself. You write articles for the site, I will comment on them. Articles are not meant to be a "no comment" zone-unless I am aunaware of something. Thank you for doing it. I did it for a short period myself. No big deal. People agreed and disagreed with what I said. Again, no big  deal.

The comments about Marrone are liked to this site.

You clearly have a personal issue with me.  Not sure what it is, best of luck moving forward.

Go Jets!

You clearly have a personal issue with me.  Not sure what it is, best of luck moving forward.

Go Jets!

Show me one personal item that I wrote about you in this thread. You keep running away from the questions, deflecting. Am I not to believe the articles you write are your opinion?

Here is the link  http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/48126/doug-marrone-has-ally-in-jets-organization

The comments about Marrone are linked to this site.

Weren't you the one that challenged him to name someone better than Marrone?

I don't get what this pissing match is about.  Marrone and Quinn / Bowles are different types of candidates, they each have their own strengths and weaknesses.  There's nothing crazy about preferring one or the other.  We're not in the interviews, so we're all just guessing based on imperfect information anyway...

Show me one personal item that I wrote about you in this thread. You keep running away from the questions, deflecting. Am I not to believe the articles you write are your opinion?

Here is the link  http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/48126/doug-marrone-has-ally-in-jets-organization

Pretty much what I said....Casserly was doing an interview when he said Rex should've been coach of the year.  I've seen the aritcle you posted, but it's one of those "we spoke to a guy who knows a guy who said Charlie is infatuated..."  I don't disagree either, as I've said, Marrone to the Jets is a done deal.  It's what they do.  Unqualified seems to be their number one qualification.

If I've refused or failed to anwer any of your questions than I apologize as I thought I'd answered all of them.  Which ones did I miss?

Edited by AirForceJetFan

Weren't you the one that challenged him to name someone better than Marrone?

I don't get what this pissing match is about.  Marrone and Quinn / Bowles are different types of candidates, they each have their own strengths and weaknesses.  There's nothing crazy about preferring one or the other.  We're not in the interviews, so we're all just guessing based on imperfect information anyway...

Yes, and then I asked him why he would take Casserly's opinion on rex so hard, but not on Marrone?

Anything wrong with that?

Pretty much what I said....Casserly was doing an interview when he said Rex should've been coach of the year.  I've seen the aritcle you posted, but it's one of those "we spoke to a guy who knows a guy who said Charlie is infatuated..."  I don't disagree either, as I've said, Marrone to the Jets is a done deal.  It's what they do.  Unqualified seems to be their number one qualification.

If I've refused or failed to anwer any of your questions than I apologize as I thought I'd answered all of them.  Which ones did I miss?

You have not provided any more qualified candidates than Marrone. Actually, you provided 2 candidates with 3 games coaching between them.

If it is a qualified candidate you are seeking, who would you like that is available and has more qualifications? Who is your guy?

You have not provided any more qualified candidates than Marrone. Actually, you provided 2 candidates with 3 games coaching between them.

If it is a qualified candidate you are seeking, who would you like that is available and has more qualifications? Who is your guy?

If people are looking for someone offensive minded with HC experience Kubiak would be the choice IMO.. Flacco was 19 tds and 22 picks in 2013 under Kubiak he's 27-12 his best season so far..

This is fast becoming one of those pointless arguments with no "right" answer.  We can each define quality differently...I say qualified as having run an offense or defense at a high level for at least a couple of seasons, or run an offense and developed a QB.  This is why I'd prefer Kubiak if he has a clean bill of health.  Six seasons of college/pro experience and hovering around .500 wasn't what I had in mind when Woody said they were going to turn this thing around.

My pick is a healthy Kubiak.  He has had success as a HC and  has overseen well-run offenses, which the Jets haven't  done in a million years.

If people are looking for someone offensive minded with HC experience Kubiak would be the choice IMO.. Flacco was 19 tds and 22 picks in 2013 under Kubiak he's 27-12 his best season so far..

He would be one of the better ones, BUT to AFJF, he finished UNDER .500, and why would the Jets hire that. (that is what he said about Marrone, so I can only gather that is what he will say).

I will let him speak for himself.

I'm not being a smartass at all, but I think you missed the point of the article to be honest.

This is fast becoming one of those pointless arguments with no "right" answer.  We can each define quality differently...I say qualified as having run an offense or defense at a high level for at least a couple of seasons, or run an offense and developed a QB.  This is why I'd prefer Kubiak if he has a clean bill of health.  Six seasons of college/pro experience and hovering around .500 wasn't what I had in mind when Woody said they were going to turn this thing around.

My pick is a healthy Kubiak.  He has had success as a HC and  has overseen well-run offenses, which the Jets haven't  done in a million years.

I will start where you started. Did Kubiak finish with a losing record? Did that record get worse as he spent more time with the team/

Did Bill O'Brien step in and turn that team right around?

You are correct-There is no right answer. And for you to just dismiss Marrone because he has a .500 college record, or near .5000 record as a pro, is really not careful consideration. It has to go deeper than that.

The candidates you gave have the same baggage.

this is who I had been leaning towards

Look at Shanahan with the Skins 1 winning season in 4 tries and no playoff wins.. I'm leaning toward Kubiak as Jet HC now over anyone else I have seen..