Doug Marrone Opts Out - MERGED

JetsFanatic

Good point.

Reminds me of when Rex got to the playoffs one year only because the Colts threw a game.

Too bad the Raiders didn't throw their game against Marrone, he may have gone to the playoffs otherwise. But let's face it, that Raider team is a juggernaut.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Want to read what you wrote again? Because lol.

And then tell me some stats on how good the Bills were with Hackett at the helm of the offense. Thanks.

What I wrote made perfect sense.

Not my fault it went higher than the 5 inches needed to clear the limits of your head

I'll make it simple enough even for you...

The sins of the father should not be automatically be transferred to the son

Got it now, Gomer

Too bad the Raiders didn't throw their game against Marrone, he may have gone to the playoffs otherwise. But let's face it, that Raider team is a juggernaut.

It is too bad, but considering it was the Bills first winning season in a decade it's progress. Maybe if Brady was the Bills QB we would have been able to slow him down, and they wouldn't have beat us by +20 twice this season. 

What I wrote made perfect sense.

Not my fault it went higher than the 5 inches needed to clear the limits of your head

I'll make it simple enough even for you...

The sins of the father should not be automatically be transferred to the son

Got it now, Gomer

Read it again. I implore you. You spoke backwards in your lame attempt to call me stupid. Trust me.

The sins of the father should not be on the son, unless the son is just as bad an offensive coordinator like his father was.

And keep up with the name calling. It suits you and your inability to have a decent discussion.

It is too bad, but considering it was the Bills first winning season in a decade it's progress. Maybe if Brady was the Bills QB we would have been able to slow him down, and they wouldn't have beat us by +20 twice this season. 

Don't worry Embrace....Marrone is on his way and Brady and Belichick are looking at what they've done to him in their three previous meetings and they're terrified.

Link?

Would it matter?

They've won 77% of their games since Rex was hired, that means they lose 23% of the time.

4-9 = 30%

30% is a hell of a small number, but that's what you get when facing the best duo in the history of the league.

However my "stay on topic" friend...no need to fear...Doug Marrone is almost here!!!

BB and Brady will be cleaning out their offices soon enough....they know it's resistance is futile!

Would it matter?

They've won 77% of their games since Rex was hired, that means they lose 23% of the time.

4-9 = 30%

30% is a hell of a small number, but that's what you get when facing the best duo in the history of the league.

However my "stay on topic" friend...no need to fear...Doug Marrone is almost here!!!

BB and Brady will be cleaning out their offices soon enough....they know it's resistance is futile!

#math

Listening to the Fan and ppl upset that Marrone doesn't call the plays. John Harbaugh handle playcalling?

I don't want a playcaller.  I want an executive.  I may be wrong, but I think this is a list of executive types who don't call plays

coughlin

tomlin

carroll

john and jim harbaugh

john fox

I understand that Marrone has this reputation for accountability, toughness, taking no crap, etc., but that perception flies in the face of the fact that Marrone's Bills were the second most penalized team in the league last year (the Jets were a middle of the pack 17th). I'd mind that a lot less if his style of play were more aggressive, but it's not. He's generally conservative, tries to minimize mistakes, and take advantage when his opponent makes them. Which is fine, but sort of goes against the other big complaint about Rex: that he could never get the offense off the ground. 

I don't know. I get why he's a major candidate, but I don't get fawning over him. 

Ok, I will ask it directly-in your opinion, will Marrone be a good or bad hire-The pulpit is yours, preacher.

I am saying it will be a bad hire and I am basing that on the fact that he has done nothing special as a head coach.

You don't know and I don't know if it will be a bad hire, but we do know he's been a .500 coach over the course of six seasons with four or five gimme's on his college schedule.  If not for Maine, Colgate, Rhode Island, etc... he'd be a sub .500 college coach and a sub .500 pro coach.  You're excited to add a guy who has been just as good as he has been bad...I wish I shared your  enthusiasm.

Difference with me is, I'll still watch on Sundays and root for the Jets.  When they lose, I'll be mad...I won't smile and run upstairs to log on to my computer and come to JN to tell anyone who supported him how stupid they are.

I don't want a playcaller.  I want an executive.  I may be wrong, but I think this is a list of executive types who don't call plays

coughlin

tomlin

carroll

john and jim harbaugh

john fox

Yep. And all those guys have put together quality staffs. Rex called the plays because he couldnt find anyone to work for him with a legit resume.

I am saying it will be a bad hire and I am basing that on the fact that he has done nothing special as a head coach.

You don't know and I don't know if it will be a bad hire, but we do know he's been a .500 coach over the course of six seasons with four or five gimme's on his college schedule.  If not for Maine, Colgate, Rhode Island, etc... he'd be a sub .500 college coach and a sub .500 pro coach.  You're excited to add a guy who has been just as good as he has been bad...I wish I shared your  enthusiasm.

Difference with me is, I'll still watch on Sundays and root for the Jets.  When they lose, I'll be mad...I won't smile and run upstairs to log on to my computer and come to JN to tell anyone who supported him how stupid they are.

Great post similar to the way I feel just better said. 

I understand that Marrone has this reputation for accountability, toughness, taking no crap, etc., but that perception flies in the face of the fact that Marrone's Bills were the second most penalized team in the league last year (the Jets were a middle of the pack 17th). I'd mind that a lot less if his style of play were more aggressive, but it's not. He's generally conservative, tries to minimize mistakes, and take advantage when his opponent makes them. Which is fine, but sort of goes against the other big complaint about Rex: that he could never get the offense off the ground. 

I don't know. I get why he's a major candidate, but I don't get fawning over him. 

I don't think anybody is fawning over him. It's more of a reaction to the personal attack on him from MM and ML.

Don't worry Embrace....Marrone is on his way and Brady and Belichick are looking at what they've done to him in their three previous meetings and they're terrified.

I'm not rooting for Marrone, or anyone else at this point. Marrone has some things in his favor though. For one unlike a sexy coordinator he's been the head guy. I for one would like an experienced HC as we've been going the coordinator/first time HC route for a while now and it's played out. I don't wan't another guy with a steep learning curve that costs the first season or two. 

Kate Upton only sleeps with .0006% of the men that want to bang her so I'm not doing too shabby.

that new commercial is something else.  her cleavage is propping up her chin, but she shouldn't be allowed to walk and talk anymore by her agents.  just do still photography honey

I'm not rooting for Marrone, or anyone else at this point. Marrone has some things in his favor though. For one unlike a sexy coordinator he's been the head guy. I for one would like an experienced HC as we've been going the coordinator/first time HC route for a while now and it's played out. I don't wan't another guy with a steep learning curve that costs the first season or two. 

He's been a head guy, but he hasn't been a very good head guy.  This team will win nothing until Brady and Beli are gone.  Unless of course Marrone has a game plan he was holding back when he played Brady the first three times they met.

I can hear you folks already after 2 years of Doug, why the @&@,^ did we fire Rex to get this piece of &@#% !!!!

Mean while, Rex is taking the Falcons to the NFC championship game and beyond. So typical Jets, fire one and bring in someone even worst.

Whatever you say, Nostradumbass.

He's been a head guy, but he hasn't been a very good head guy.  This team will win nothing until Brady and Beli are gone.  Unless of course Marrone has a game plan he was holding back when he played Brady the first three times they met.

In that case lets hire Max he's excellent head according to Tom..

Yep. And all those guys have put together quality staffs. Rex called the plays because he couldnt find anyone to work for him with a legit resume.

that's the other thing about the process, it's really about 12 pieces to the puzzle.  part of me loves this where you never know when there is going to be breaking news, the other part of me just wants it to be over

I don't think anybody is fawning over him. It's more of a reaction to the personal attack on him from MM and ML.

Uh...  there's a little fawning going on. Mostly from people looking for the anti-Rex. And I'm really not sure this guy is it. 

Archived