• Darrelle Revis (NE; 29, Trade)
    • Jonathan Joseph (HOU, 30, Trade)
    • Antonio Cromartie (ARI, 30, FA)
    • Brandon Carr (DAL, 28, Trade)
    • Aqib Talib (DEN, 28, Trade)
    • Cary Williams (PHI, 30, Trade/FA)
    • Lardarius Webb (BAL, 29, Trade/FA)
    • Draft another corner with our 1st pick

Ugh. Looking at the '15 free agents there really aren't any good options. The "best" FA corner next year will be Tramon Williams from the Packers, he turns 32. Then you have Tarrell Brown from the Raiders, he's turning 30 and he's terrible. Cromartie will be a free agent but he's not a #1 corner. Charles Tillman is a soon to be safety, too old to play CB. Walter Thurmond from the Giants has some upside and talent, but he's no #1 or even #2 corner. The one interesting guy would be Kareem Jackson from the Texans. Former 1st round pick, 26 years old, had a decent year and the Texans have good depth at corner, I doubt they break the bank to re-sign him. Do we go after him? If not, who do you go after? Another 1st round corner? Nah. Cap casualties? Doubt anybody gets rid of a quality corner over money. Maybe we can pull off a trade? Jonathan Joseph (if the Texans re-sign Jackson that is)? Revis (not happening)? Brandon Carr from the Cowboys maybe. Aquib Talib (Chris Harris got a new contract and they drafted a corner last year in round 1)? Lardarius Webb (sucks)? Cary Williams is a good corner who would fit this team...and by "fit" I mean he plays out of control, talks a lot and gets flagged all the time. But he's good. I think I read the Eagles will cut him loose this offseason. What do we do? We desperately need a true #1 franchise corner.

Revis

Anyone and everyone else

He signed a 2 year deal last year, that's the problem. Unless somebody drugs Belichick and tells him to trade Revis to the Jets he's not ending up with us this year. They'd trade him anywhere before they trade him to us.

He signed a 2 year deal last year, that's the problem. Unless somebody drugs Belichick and tells him to trade Revis to the Jets he's not ending up with us this year. They'd trade him anywhere before they trade him to us.

No way they keep him on his existing deal ... they have to either cut him or renegotiate.

No way they keep him on his existing deal ... they have to either cut him or renegotiate.

This is the exact reason I keep telling everyone we should sign Suh.

Your not getting Revis & the list of corners available is abysmal & for that reason agents will be over inflating their worth.

No matter what we do in the offseason our CBs are going to be pedestrian unless a miracle happens & both Milliner & McDougle make it all the way back.

On defense we need to concentrate on our pass rush & getting more speedy LBs here.

Instead of listing CBs it makes more sense to list free agent LBs. Tight ends killed us all year. If the CBs we have could learn better technique not out of the question, as there were many plays where they were actually in good position but still lost the battle.

We don't need superstar corners, we need smarter corners.

We had corners giving 10 yard cushions when we blitzed? The whole year was just a strange disconnect between all involved.

The coaching was terrible, the execution worse.

We had corners giving 10 yard cushions when we blitzed? The whole year was just a strange disconnect between all involved.

That was incredibly frustrating. I'm all for going 4-3 next year and drafting or signing a freakish rush OLB. We don't appear to have the talent in the secondary(unless the light turns on for Milliner, McDougle stays healthy and shows the glimpses last pre-season were real and Pryor becomes a stud). Getting after the QB is imperative next year. I'm not sold on Suh and if he'll be a disruptive force in the locker room. I'd be OK with Coples, Snacks, Sheldon and Wilkerson. We just need a playmaking OLB to shoot the gaps the front 4 create.

Simplistic...I know but what do you expect from a cloudy mind on New Years Day. :winking0001: 

If we hire the combination of Kirchner / Quinn you could expect to see us go

after:

Byron Maxwell - http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14133/byron-maxwell

Walter Thurmond - http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13473/walter-thurmond-iii

Maxwell would elevate into one of our starting CB's and Thurmond would replace Kyle

Wilson as our nickel CB.  Maxwell would probably get in the 5-7 million range but Thurmond

wouldn't command that much since he's coming back from an ACL.   Also a name to

remember is:

Buster Skrine - http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14139/buster-skrine

He played his butt off in CLE this year

That was incredibly frustrating. I'm all for going 4-3 next year and drafting or signing a freakish rush OLB. We don't appear to have the talent in the secondary(unless the light turns on for Milliner, McDougle stays healthy and shows the glimpses last pre-season were real and Pryor becomes a stud). Getting after the QB is imperative next year. I'm not sold on Suh and if he'll be a disruptive force in the locker room. I'd be OK with Coples, Snacks, Sheldon and Wilkerson. We just need a playmaking OLB to shoot the gaps the front 4 create.

Simplistic...I know but what do you expect from a cloudy mind on New Years Day. :winking0001:

The reason I keep pushing signing Suh is that we won't have high paid players anywhere else on our defense.

There just aren't many FA defensive players available.

The corner & Lbs free agent market is abysmal in 2015.

I wouldn't be opposed to fix all our offensive woes in Free agency, sign Iupati maybe even a Marshon Lynch to pair with Ivory?

Free agent receivers are always overpaid.

I would not be against drafting a kickazz LB or LT (Scherff) @ 6.

Take skill offense the rest of the draft!

after:

Walter Thurmond - http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13473/walter-thurmond-iii

Maxwell would elevate into one of our starting CB's and Thurmond would replace Kyle

Wilson as our nickel CB.  Also a name to remember is:

Buster Skrinehttp://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14139/buster-skrine

He had a terrible game against Torrey Smith... but very now and again Smith has one of those big games. He's fast and Skrine was at least able to stay with him. Other than that, you're right, he had a good season.

This is the exact reason I keep telling everyone we should sign Suh.

Your not getting Revis & the list of corners available is abysmal & for that reason agents will be over inflating their worth.

No matter what we do in the offseason our CBs are going to be pedestrian unless a miracle happens & both Milliner & McDougle make it all the way back.

On defense we need to concentrate on our pass rush & getting more speedy LBs here.

Instead of listing CBs it makes more sense to list free agent LBs. Tight ends killed us all year. If the CBs we have could learn better technique not out of the question, as there were many plays where they were actually in good position but still lost the battle.

We don't need superstar corners, we need smarter corners.

I agree with you. Beef up the pass rush and get better LB's with speed. Make the opposing QB pay

I think we only really need to bring in one really good corner via free agency. Kyle Wilson is gone so that's addition by subtraction. Milliner comes back healthy, McDougle comes back healthy, Walls, Williams, and a free agent is miles ahead of what they had in 2014. Should probably draft another one somewhere in the midrounds too.

after:

Wilson as our nickel CB.  Maxwell would probably get in the 5-7 million range but Thurmond

wouldn't command that much since he's coming back from an ACL.   Also a name to

remember is:

Buster Skrine - http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14139/buster-skrine

Problem is that none of those guys are #1 corners. We have a bunch of guys already that can compete for the #2 job in Dee, Marcus Williams maybe and who knows what McDougle has to offer. We need a true #1 corner. Skrine is a solid #2 at best. Same goes for Maxwell. Thurmond hasn't shown anything as a starter yet. Prince Amukamara would be a way better option. The Giants have good CB depth, they signed DRC last offseason and they probably can't afford to pay Amukamara #1 corner money. Maybe we can get something done there in a (draftday-) trade.

It's easy to fix the defensive secondary. Switch the scheme to cover 2 . Make Wilkerson the 3T DT and Ellis or Snacks the NT . Make Richardson and Coples the DEs and draft Vic Beasley and team him with Trevor Riley at the outside LBer position. Demario   Davis is the mike.

On passing downs move Richardson next to Wilkerson and eliminate this  idiotic need to play bump and run at the CB position when those players are hard to find.

It's easy to fix the defensive secondary. Switch the scheme to cover 2 . Make Wilkerson the 3T DT and Ellis or Snacks the NT . Make Richardson and Coples the DEs and draft Vic Beasley and team him with Trevor Riley at the outside LBer position. Demario   Davis is the mike.

On passing downs move Richardson next to Wilkerson and eliminate this  idiotic need to play bump and run at the CB position when those players are hard to find.

Your still talking to Hermie I see? Although anything is better then the Cover Who? we did this season.. :winking0001:

Your still talking to Hermie I see? Although anything is better then the Cover Who? we did this season.. :winking0001:

Hey Savage, last time I checked, " you Play to win the Game".  The reason I like Herm is/ was the reason may didn't don't.  He was a coordinator, so he didn't  worry himself with 1 side of the ball or the other. He ran the team, told his coordinators what he wanted and when they didn't do it, he replaced them. His Job was to run the "team" , not the offense or the defense. He hired people to do those things and allowed them to do just that with his input.

It wasn't the way Parcells did it, but it worked even with Vinny at QB.

Bill Parcells had 1AFC East Division title  and 1 AFC Championship game

Herman Edwards had 1 AFC East Division title and was 2 missed  kicks from an AFC championship game

Rex Ryan had 1 AFC East Division title  and 2 AFC Championship game

Herm is the only 1 of the bunch that is hated by the vast majority of Jet Fans.

He is also the 1 who got the least support from those above him.  

As a CB I happen to like this kid.

Bryce Callahan Rice CB 2015 5-10 180 4.49 29

Hey Savage, last time I checked, " you Play to win the Game". The reason I like Herm is/ was the reason may didn't don't. He was a coordinator, so he didn't worry himself with 1 side of the ball or the other. He ran the team, told his coordinators what he wanted and when they didn't do it, he replaced them. His Job was to run the "team" , not the offense or the defense. He hired people to do those things and allowed them to do just that with his input.

Bill Parcells had 1AFC East Division title and 1 AFC Championship game

Herman Edwards had 1 AFC East Division title and was 2 missed kicks from an AFC championship game

Rex Ryan had 1 AFC East Division title and 2 AFC Championship game

Those missed kicks were 100% Herm's fault. Particularly the second one after Brien had just shanked the first. In both instances, he got extremely conservative and settled for long field goal attempts on a field that is notorious for suppressing long FGs.

Maybe they were, but he made those decisions playing on the road with a QB playing with a bad shoulder. He coached his team. Rex Ryan didn't know what was going on with his team during a game and admitted it. 

He should have been fired on the spot.

Hey Savage, last time I checked, " you Play to win the Game".  The reason I like Herm is/ was the reason may didn't don't.  He was a coordinator, so he didn't  worry himself with 1 side of the ball or the other. He ran the team, told his coordinators what he wanted and when they didn't do it, he replaced them. His Job was to run the "team" , not the offense or the defense. He hired people to do those things and allowed them to do just that with his input.

Bill Parcells had 1AFC East Division title  and 1 AFC Championship game

Herman Edwards had 1 AFC East Division title and was 2 missed  kicks from an AFC championship game

Rex Ryan had 1 AFC East Division title  and 2 AFC Championship game

First off Rex never won a East title.. And 2nd Herm was left 2 QB's Vinny and Chad along with 3 other 1st rd picks from the year before 2 of them were Abe and Ellis.. And Hermie had a GM he knew when they were both worked for the Chiefs in Bradway.

First off Rex never won a East title.. And 2nd Herm was left 2 QB's Vinny and Chad along with 3 other 1st rd picks from the year before 2 of them were Abe and Ellis.. And Hermie had a GM he knew when they were both worked for the Chiefs in Bradway.

Didn't realize Rex never won the division.

Everyone knew Vinny wasn't a fit for Paul Hackett's offense. Chad couldn't stay healthy but when he was, the Jets made the playoffs.

Bradway and Herm never drafted a QB capable of taking over the team when Chad was injured and that was their biggest failing. Also, Bradway resigned as GM leaving Hermie in the hands of Tanny who was hot for Mangini. 

It was a total cluster from the day Bill Beli left for NE.

Didn't realize Rex never won the division.

Everyone knew Vinny wasn't a fit for Paul Hackett's offense. Chad couldn't stay healthy but when he was, the Jets made the playoffs.

Bradway and Herm never drafted a QB capable of taking over the team when Chad was injured and that was their biggest failing. Also, Bradway resigned as GM leaving Hermie in the hands of Tanny who was hot for Mangini. 

It was a total cluster from the day Bill Beli left for NE.

Tanny and Mangini came in 2006 Hermie was the Chiefs HC that we got a 4th rd pick for.. Hermie had been talking to his friend and old coach Dick Vermeil who set up the Chiefs job for him when he retired.. Talk about tampering..

Whether Rex knew Tanny prior to him coming to the Jets is completely irrelevant because Tanny placate to every want and whim that Rex had for 4 years. Even last year, the Pryor pick reads of Rex influence. I honestly believe that Rex's disdain for WRs probably had a lot to do with what happened to our 2014 draft.

Regardless, Herm made the playoffs 3 times in 5 years. Rex will be lucky to coach in another playoff game.

Whether Rex knew Tanny prior to him coming to the Jets is completely irrelevant because Tanny placate to every want and whim that Rex had for 4 years. Even last year, the Pryor pick reads of Rex influence. I honestly believe that Rex's disdain for WRs probably had a lot to do with what happened to our 2014 draft.

Regardless, Herm made the playoffs 3 times in 5 years. Rex will be lucky to coach in another playoff game.

With a offense and D built by Parcells including QB's, Rex was left without a QB.. Of course if QB's aren't important then I agree with you..4fvfcja.gif

They're not paying 25 mil to Revis. Knowing him, he will test the FA n get more money than the Pats would ever offer. "Team friendly contracts" my ass. -Revis.

Archived