Firing Rex a mistake "Gruden"

MatthewPLP

oh sh*t I hope we still have rex's number on file

No need,  just look at our (that means mine and yours) post history and you can see who's been right - myself. You on the other hand are trolling. Do you still think Idzik is on the right track..LMAO get lost dude.. Go back to Madden

No need, just look at our (that means mine and yours) post history and you can see who's been right - myself. You on the other hand are trolling. Do you still think Idzik is on the right track..LMAO get lost dude.. Go back to Madden

Can you summarize for me? I don't have the "search" feature on my flip phone.

I can here it now if a GM & coach come in here & turn this thing around.

Well of course they are doing better, they spent money & had a good draft. The media blowing Teflon Rex is the strangest thing I have ever seen. He won EVERY OTHER GAME in 2013, lol.

He pulled out the fake punt in a meaningless game & celebrated it's success like we won the Superbowl until he realized the game is still going on & had to call a TO.

Where was that fake punt in a game that counted? How about in Green Bay when we needed a momentum change?

He lost every game coming off a bye?

I always said I liked Rex but not as my head coach. Now, seeing what's going on in the media regarding this guy it's like we just fired Vince Lombardi in his prime. Talk about deflecting criticism from yourself, 2 fired OCs, change in Special teams, DCs, QBs, Guards, no change in vets like Pace & Landry and we continued to just get worse with every change he made.

Revisionist history regarding this guy.

Bill Pollian is partially responsible for the cult of Rex, 2009 should have had the Jets sitting at 8-8 & watching the playoffs.

We had 1 great year with busting salary cap, 2 CBs in their prime including 1 considered maybe the best in history (I don't think a CB ever had as great a 2 years as Revis did in 2009/2010)

We had maybe the best Oline the Jets have ever had with 3 studs picked by the previous regime & 2 free agent studs brought here by Tannenbaum in Faneca & Woody.

The cult of Rex grows each day.

Gruden is clueless, he has become a joke.

He has lost his desire to compete.  Just wants to easy chair it the rest of the way.  And I have a question:  Exactly what coach comes out and says firing a coach was a good idea?  They all hate firings.  Because they have all been there, and it was always unjust or unwise----in their opinion.

Gruden does NOT really believe that Rex is a good coach. Didn't you guys listen to him when the Jets played on MNF the past few years? There were numerous times he was flabbergasted by some of the Jets' coaching decisions and said as much. Gruden praised Rex because there is a decent chance they might wind up working together in television.

Theyre buddies , why is this a surprise ?

NFL employment turnover is fast and furious, 90% of the people paid to have a point of view are more concerned with niceties, because you never know who you may have to work with and/or for next.

If ________ coach has a great roster, he could win a SB. It's a benign, ass-kissing narrative devoid of any realistic analysis.

Gruden does NOT really believe that Rex is a good coach. Didn't you guys listen to him when the Jets played on MNF the past few years? There were numerous times he was flabbergasted by some of the Jets' coaching decisions and said as much. Gruden praised Rex because there is a decent chance they might wind up working together in television.

This. Exactly my point. Rex on MNF would be awesome TV.

Same threads over and over. Rex will win 10 super bowls and we will rue the day we fired him. We got the message.

.... Don't forget the "we don't want any retread coaches, they don't win" sentiment. It pairs perfectly with the insistence that everyone wants retread Rex to come win with their probowl rosters.

Not firing Rex 3 yrs ago was the Mistake. Hiring a New GM and forcing that GM to keep Rex as the HC compounded  that mistake. Cleaning out the entire mess this past week might just finally fix that whole mess.

I would say two years ago. the collapse and ass beating by the Giants in 2011 was bad, but he shouldn't have gotten fired for it in his 3rd year. after 2012 all parties involved should have been fired.

Hey, are you the tinstar from JI who was always an ardent defendant of Herman Edwards years ago? welcome to the site!

http://nypost.com/2014/12/30/gruden-firing-rex-a-mistake-2/

Say what you want about the guy, Gruden is spot on. Rex will win a championship elsewhere given a halfway talented roster.

Flame away..

With Rosters like DENVER SEATTLE GREEN BAY NEW ENGLAND INDY DALLAS a good percentage of coaches will win a lot of games what makes ******* Rex any Different ? Its obvious we have had talent issues and gaping holes at certain positions here for years especially at the QB position everyone knows this so nothing Gruden says here is groundbreaking. Since he now can be considered "the media" hes throwing sh!t out there hoping some day some of it will stick to the wall so he can say look what "I" said. Who the hell cares

Maybe Gruden should ask Rex why in the hell didn't you push to fix the offensive holes that existed on your watch ?? Rex needs to be held accountable for that as well.

I would say two years ago. the collapse and ass beating by the Giants in 2011 was bad, but he shouldn't have gotten fired for it in his 3rd year. after 2012 all parties involved should have been fired.

Hey, are you the tinstar from JI who was always an ardent defendant of Herman Edwards years ago? welcome to the site!

That be the Tinman going back to the Greenhouse days in the late 90's.. desertsmile.gif

That be me and thanks. I think I am going to like it around here. I see lots of old brothers from way back. Glad to see we are all haven't "gone under" yet.

Put it in the book:  If Rex is hired by another NFL team, he'll fuk it up like he did with us.  He'll spew the same stupid b/s and make all the dumb mistakes that has him under .500 and out of the playoffs for the last four years.  I can't wait to see then dope crash and burn...again.

Rex should hopefully get the Atlanta job and with their decent offense he will definitely elevate the defense. That division is their for the taking. He won't have the best team but as long as he can get them to the playoffs anything can happen. Rex still has a ways to go to be a really good head coach and hopefully he learned some valuable lessons here. I would root for him to win a ring as long as it's not vs us.

Archived