Firing Rex a mistake "Gruden"

No need,  just look at our (that means mine and yours) post history and you can see who's been right - myself. You on the other hand are trolling. Do you still think Idzik is on the right track..LMAO get lost dude.. Go back to Madden

POTW

I agree.  All Rex needs is a strong player personnel GM, a good OC and a QB

... And top tier corners, a bunch of 1st rounders in the defensive front 7, a top 10 OL and RB to ground and pound, but also a pair of "true #1 WRs" weapons to make the passing game better, someone to manage the clock and timeouts for him, someone to practice counting the players on the field, etc, etc, etc...

• Upvote 1

http://nypost.com/2014/12/30/gruden-firing-rex-a-mistake-2/

Say what you want about the guy, Gruden is spot on. Rex will win a championship elsewhere given a halfway talented roster.

Flame away..

Agreed.  

I know there are a few rexihaters that hated him from the moment he got into the building.  Rex was a different kind of coach. These fans were expecting your typical HC like Mangini who had a bland face every time he gave an answer to a question. Rex on the other hand will say what he feel and that pissed many people off and after that Rex could have won the SB and still these people will hate on him. 

Gruden will be hated here now, even though most posters here hold him in high regard.  But he is correct. Think about it, when rex got here, the defense was ranked mid 20 the previous year and he made it into a number one defense the following year with a trip to the afcc.  Remember there was no stud DL back them with zero pass rusher.  It was Pouha, Devito, Douglas and many others no name.  But Rex had a few talented DB which is the most essential part of his defense.  The offense in ATL is in place, so there is no worry drafting another Sanchez.  If his GM get him Revis and another average corner, who is to say that he will not take them to the SB? 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Agreed.  

I know there are a few rexihaters that hated him from the moment he got into the building.  Rex was a different kind of coach. These fans were expecting your typical HC like Mangini who had a bland face every time he gave an answer to a question. Rex on the other hand will say what he feel and that pissed many people and after that Rex could have won the SB and still these people will hate on him. 

Gruden will be hated here now, even though most posters here hold Gruden in high regard.  But he is correct.  Think about it, when rex got here his defense was ranked mid 20 the previous year and he made it into a number one defense the following year with a trip to the afcc.  Remember there was no stud DL back them with zero pass rusher.  It was Pouha, Devito, Douglas and many others no name.  But Rex had a few talented DB which is the most essential part of his defense.  The offense in ATL is in place, so there is no worry drafting another Sanchez.  If his GM get him Revis and another average corner, who is to say that he will not take them to the SB? 

me :winking0001:

Agreed.  

I know there are a few rexihaters that hated him from the moment he got into the building.  Rex was a different kind of coach. These fans were expecting your typical HC like Mangini who had a bland face every time he gave an answer to a question. Rex on the other hand will say what he feel and that pissed many people and after that Rex could have won the SB and still these people will hate on him. 

Gruden will be hated here now, even though most posters here hold Gruden in high regard.  But he is correct.  Think about it, when rex got here his defense was ranked mid 20 the previous year and he made it into a number one defense the following year with a trip to the afcc.  Remember there was no stud DL back them with zero pass rusher.  It was Pouha, Devito, Douglas and many others no name.  But Rex had a few talented DB which is the most essential part of his defense.  The offense in ATL is in place, so there is no worry drafting another Sanchez.  If his GM get him Revis and another average corner, who is to say that he will not take them to the SB? 

You mean a coach who is only interested in one facet of the total team (defense). A coach who's teams perennially make the same mistakes(penalties) , a coach who can't  get the personnel packages on the field correctly(12 men), has no clue how to manage timeouts or challenges. A coach who's teams more often than not came out unprepared after long week(Byes). A coach who constantly gave other teams billboard fodder , and pumped up his players w/o backing those claims up on the field. A coach whose players loved him because they weren't held accountable for mistakes or conduct(Wilson, Holmes, Geno etc....).

Yes your right he certainly is a different kind of coach  !!!

You mean a coach who is only interested in one facet of the total team (defense). A coach who's teams perennially make the same mistakes(penalties) , a coach who can't  get the personnel packages on the field correctly(12 men), has no clue how to manage timeouts or challenges. A coach who's teams more often than not came out unprepared after long week(Byes). A coach who constantly gave other teams billboard fodder , and pumped up his players w/o backing those claims up on the field. A coach whose players loved him because they weren't held accountable for mistakes or conduct(Wilson, Holmes, Geno etc....).

But...all he needed was a QB. You are such a hater...... Sarcasm.

The roster put together by idzik that included a six round safety and a career backup playing CB, Rex's most essential position in his defense and still his team was competitive enough with a chance to win 12 games.  And on offense Idzik couldn’t find a WR better than David freaking Nelson while saving woody, a whopping 25 Million.  

At GB L 31-14

VS CHI 27-19

VS DET 24-17

AT NE  27-25

VS MIA 16-13

AT MIN 30-24 OT

VS NE 17-16

VS DEN 31-17   24-17 in the 4th Q. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

The roster put together by idzik that included a six round safety and a career backup playing CB, Rex's most essential position in his defense and still his team was competitive enough with a chance to win 12 games.  And on offense Idzik couldn’t find a WR better than David freaking Nelson while saving woody, a whopping 25 Million.  

At GB L 31-14

VS CHI 27-19

VS DET 24-17

AT NE  27-25

VS MIA 16-13

AT MIN 30-24 OT

VS NE 17-16

VS DEN 31-17   24-17 in the 4th Q. 

Don't you realize that with Rex's preferred scheme's the games would normally be kept close. Run the clock on O, bend don't break on D.  As long as turnovers were not made on O , the games would be close, in the games they gave the ball away the outcomes were more lopsided. The problem with this plan is it means that the O needs to be virtually turnover free, while the D needs to be able to create turnovers - two things the Jets could not do at all.  This is not the way to win in today's NFL , but it certainly added into Rex's self preservation. Mark me down as one fan who was not fooled by the "close game" results.

It was all Idzik's fault!!!

Even when the team sucked in 2011 and 2012, it was ALL Idzik's fault...

If that damm Idzik had just given the marvy and wondahful WRECKS all the things he needed, the Jets wudda been 76-0 with four Lombardi's for dose years!! As it was, WRECKS thru his supah coaching managed to singlehandedly win us about 25 of those games while the GM lost us those others through bad talent!!

Ladies and Gents...the wonderful delusional world of DRJETS and his merry band of blinded WRECKS pom pom wavers

I agree. All Rex needs is a strong player personnel GM, a good OC and a QB

Sad to say, if Rex gets these three things, love him or hate him, he will be a force to be reckoned with for many years to come.

Don't you realize that with Rex's preferred scheme's the games would normally be kept close. Run the clock on O, bend don't break on D.  As long as turnovers were not made on O , the games would be close, in the games they gave the ball away the outcomes were more lopsided. The problem with this plan is it means that the O needs to be virtually turnover free, while the D needs to be able to create turnovers - two things the Jets could not do at all.  This is not the way to win in today's NFL , but it certainly added into Rex's self preservation. Mark me down as one fan who was not fooled by the "close game" results.

Why don't more coaches especially with a roster that lack talents follow into Rex's scheme to keep the game close?  :bwahaharoll: 

Dude his QB up until his last game had thrown for 10 TD and 13 INT and 56% pass completion.  This is hilarious. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Have to agree with the good Doctor

The big problem on the Jets was lack of talent ....coaching talent specifically ..the head coach even more specifically...

Big mouth

Small head coaching ability

Why don't more coaches especially with a roster that lack talents follow into Rex's scheme to keep the game close?  :bwahaharoll: 

Dude his QB up until his last game had thrown for 10 TD and 13 INT and 56% pass completion.  This is hilarious. 

Because other coaches realize it doesn't matter how many points you lose by , theres no moral victories in football. In today's NFL its batsh*t crazy to try to win on D unless you can consistently win the turnover game.

And to your point about 10TD/13 Int why did the Jets O look pretty good in the final game , Rex took the handcuffs off , actually threw a number of passes downfield, ran a fake punt , all things a good HC normally would do, But for this game , Rex wasn't fearing losing his job , he knew it was already a done deal.

It was all Idzik's fault!!!

Even when the team sucked in 2011 and 2012, it was ALL Idzik's fault...

If that damm Idzik had just given the marvy and wondahful WRECKS all the things he needed, the Jets wudda been 76-0 with four Lombardi's for dose years!! As it was, WRECKS thru his supah coaching managed to singlehandedly win us about 25 of those games while the GM lost us those others through bad talent!!

Ladies and Gents...the wonderful delusional world of DRJETS and his merry band of blinded WRECKS pom pom wavers

So, because you don't agree with me, you have to resort to personal attack. GOOOOOT IT.   :animal0018: 

The 2011 team was 8-5 before imploding in the final three games with the crushing defeat against the Giants when we had that game gift wrapped until Cro got schooled by Cruz returning almost 100 yard TD.  That was the killer of that season.  The 2012 the Jets were seating 2-1 when Revis went down for the season.  The 2013 was a miracle when the Jets won 8 games, NO? This season we were expected to suck with huge holes in key position but still we were very competitive.  Two AFCC games and two losing seasons out six.  Not bad considering that he did it with no help from the QB position in an era that it is essential to be good at the QB position.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Because other coaches realize it doesn't matter how many points you lose by , theres no moral victories in football. In today's NFL its batsh*t crazy to try to win on D unless you can consistently win the turnover game.

And to your point about 10TD/13 Int why did the Jets O look pretty good in the final game , Rex took the handcuffs off , actually threw a number of passes downfield, ran a fake punt , all things a good HC normally would do, But for this game , Rex wasn't fearing losing his job , he knew it was already a done deal.

So lets see, coaches will rather get a big whooping rather than try to win the game?  Ok, I got your point, mel.   :animal0029: 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

So lets see, coaches will rather get a big whooping rather than try to win the game?  Ok, I got your point, mel.   :animal0029: 

Other coaches don't need to make it look close to save their jobs like Rex has the past 3 years. Oh no doubt he tried to win the games , the only way his stubborness allowed. But its ironic the last game he loosened the reigns and even made sure his disciples knew it was his doing - by claiming it was his call on the fake punt.

I agree. All Rex needs is a strong player personnel GM, a good OC and a QB

Half the coaches in the NFL probably could win with all that.

I liked Rex to, but this team hasn't made the playoffs in four years, wasn't it against the Colts 12 years ago that we hosted a playoff game?

I'd have a hard time bringing a coach back for a 7th season when that coach won zero championships, zero division titles, hosted zero home playoff games, let alone zero playoff appearances in the last four seasons all those years. And to top it off the team just became a bigger circus (not a good circus mind you, if there's such a thing lol) year after year.

He had all that time to get a good OC in there to offset his lack of knowledge coaching an offense...what happened there?

It was just time for this organization to start a new, it just was.

• Upvote 1

No need,  just look at our (that means mine and yours) post history and you can see who's been right - myself. You on the other hand are trolling. Do you still think Idzik is on the right track..LMAO get lost dude.. Go back to Madden

He has 30,000 posts and you have 200. I am sure he has been wrong more often.

If you feel firing Rex was a mistake, now what? What's the pint of starting the discussion? He's gone. I'd call starting a thread like this trolling

I liked Rex to, but this team hasn't made the playoffs in four years, wasn't it against the Colts 12 years ago that we hosted a playoff game?

I'd have a hard time bringing a coach back for a 7th season when that coach won zero championships, zero division titles, hosted zero home playoff games, let alone zero playoff appearances in the last four seasons all those years. And to top it off the team just became a bigger circus (not a good circus mind you, if there's such a thing lol) year after year.

He had all that time to get a good OC in there to offset his lack of knowledge coaching an offense...what happened there?

Funny the Cowboys haven't made the playoffs since 2009 and until this year didn't have a winning record. .And they have had the same HC since 2010 who had a pretty good QB..

Funny the Cowboys haven't made the playoffs since 2009 and until this year didn't have a winning record. .And they have had the same HC since 2010 who had a pretty good QB..

And so? What's your point?

I'm concerned with what The Jets are doing to get better, not the Cowboys. And who's to say Dallas shouldn't have made changes sooner?

Besides Dallas were a lot closer to winning their division and getting into the playoffs each year. I believe at least two of those seasons came down to week 17 for them. Plus they never regressed during those years, picked up some weapons for Romo during that time and then turned things around this year.

Wasn't all Rex's fault, but he does share the blame and it was time to move on, period.

Rex's antics and total lack of control over the team is fine when winning and is mistaken for "swagger." But when the losses start piling up he is exposed as a clown. He cant change who he is. He is a great coach to have when things are going well--he gets the player pumped up and playing aggressive relentless football. When times are bad, you just have a team of loudmouth no-shows,

• Upvote 1

Rex's antics and total lack of control over the team is fine when winning and is mistaken for "swagger." But when the losses start piling up he is exposed as a clown. He cant change who he is. He is a great coach to have when things are going well--he gets the player pumped up and playing aggressive relentless football. When times are bad, you just have a team of loudmouth no-shows,

Thats the problem with being a players coach. when things get tough and you have to lay the law down they just point and laugh at you.

• Upvote 1

Thats the problem with being a players coach. when things get tough and you have to lay the law down they just point and laugh at you.

I agree Stan (Stan or is it Oscar, I forget) ;)

JGBs and you make great points