Mehta absolutely killing Marone on twitter

docdhc

Retweet51
 Favorite38
More

RT @garymyersNYDN In the last 2 years, Doug Marrone quit on Syracuse, my alma matter and his alma mater, and now the Bills. #nyj

0 replies33 retweets33 favorites
 Retweet33
 Favorite33
More

Was time for Jets to part ways with Rex Ryan. However, his players never quit on him. Now, #NYJ considering a coach who quit on his players

0 replies391 retweets314 favorites
 Retweet391
 Favorite314
More

Doug Marrone: 25-25 at Syracuse. 15-17 as an NFL head coach with no playoff appearances... Sign me up! #nyj

0 replies176 retweets178 favorites
 Retweet176
 Favori

I have never seen a beat writer put his own personal opinions in so many stories like this guy.  Now he is killing a coaching  candidate before he even has an interview with the team.  This guy must be petrified by the prospect of not having a quote machine and source for news leaks on the team he is covering.  He might actually have to do his job and do some reporting if Marrone gets the job.  

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so he has a personal agenda and he is taking it out on twitter

I'm disappointed, he is normally so professional

there are a lot or reason to believe he will interview with the jets, but has that actually been reported ?

Buffalo News: "There were other significant examples of Marrone’s approach alienating people" including loud arguments with a player & GM

0 replies9 retweets2 favorites
 Retweet9
 Favorite2
More

Buffalo News says that Doug Marrone had a "tense relationship with reporters" who covered the Bills the past two years. #nyj

0 replies11 retweets6 favorites
 Retweet11
 Favorite6
More

Doug Marrone's offense in 2014: 26th in total offense. Franchise-low rushing yards (for 16-game season). 26th with 3.7 yards per carry. #nyj

0 replies15 retweets6 favorites
 Retweet15
 Favorite6
More
 Manish Mehta retweeted

Marrone: It's all about the family, the #Bills family (h/t @bre_88) https://vine.co/v/OwFPHeXrv0X 

I don't know, he's always been a jerk but this is over the top vitriol.

Marrone is not my top candidate but he deserves an interview.  Mehta just reinforces 

the fact that he's a jackass with particular agendas with this rant.  It's so obvious that

he's trying to get with a major media outlet.  He probably wants to sell himself as

"controversial" but he's just a jackass

Marrone is not my top candidate but he deserves an interview.  Mehta just reinforces 

the fact that he's a jackass with particular agendas with this rant.  It's so obvious that

he's trying to get with a major media outlet.  He probably wants to sell himself as

"controversial" but he's just a jackass

So in other words he would make a great JN poster?? 47b20s0.gif

I don't like Manish, and a lot of those tweets are uncalled for.  The football related stuff though, is any of it wrong?  .500 coach in college, losing record and no playoffs in the NFL, sputtering offense?  Lots of folks on board with that?

So Meh posts facts and gets slammed here ? Sure the guy can be ab Idiot but nothing wrong with what he's saying here at all. He raises a good question Marrone has quit will he quit on us ? How will he handle that type of media that will roast him over the coals for every loss ?

It's amazing we have to deal with this Mehta clown , the new regime needs to cut this guy off , squash him Parcells , Ditka style...fanbase is done with him...one thing pro-anti rex guys can all agree on this guy is an unprofessional dirtbag tmz gossip columnist not a sports writer..go away.

So Meh posts facts and gets slammed here ? Sure the guy can be ab Idiot but nothing wrong with what he's saying here at all. He raises a good question Marrone has quit will he quit on us ? How will he handle that type of media that will roast him over the coals for every loss ?

leaving the college game to go to the NFL is a promotion, not quitting

he negotiated a clause into his buffalo contract that if there was a change in ownership, he could opt out.  that is smart.  he negotiated another clause that buffalo would still owe him $4 million.  pretty standard.  

what is amazing is he got the $4 million set aside so that if he gets another HC job, there is no off set, and he gets to keep both salaries.

he gets to double his salary to leave the lake effect snow capital of the world

only mehta would cry about this

Excellent point about the media especially after they were used to Rex who made everyone's job easy.. :character0069:

How is it possible to become more and more unprofessional with each passing day?  

Mehta behaves like a spoiled, vindictive little child.  He's terrified that Marone will make his job harder.  I always thought that there were two certain things in life: Death and taxes.  But Mehta behaving like a little pusssy needs to be added to the list. 

Buffalo News: "There were other significant examples of Marrone’s approach alienating people" including loud arguments with a player & GM

0 replies9 retweets2 favorites
 Retweet9
 Favorite2
More

Buffalo News says that Doug Marrone had a "tense relationship with reporters" who covered the Bills the past two years. #nyj

0 replies11 retweets6 favorites
 Retweet11
 Favorite6
More

Doug Marrone's offense in 2014: 26th in total offense. Franchise-low rushing yards (for 16-game season). 26th with 3.7 yards per carry. #nyj

0 replies15 retweets6 favorites
 Retweet15
 Favorite6
More
 Manish Mehta retweeted

Marrone: It's all about the family, the #Bills family (h/t @bre_88) https://vine.co/v/OwFPHeXrv0X 

I don't know, he's always been a jerk but this is over the top vitriol.

And we want to hire him ahead of hiring a GM?   I would have no problem of the GM would be the one hiring him if he was there first choice.  The GM and coach need to be synchronized into organization thinking and direction must be able to exist together.   To force a coach on a GM will prevent any top football guy from coming here like it did in 2013. 

I was in a bathroom with Mehta once. He didn't wash his hands after peeing. So. That about sums it up for me.

Most folks don't know that his parents invented Purell.  Mehta is actively involved in product development (has been since he was a kid).   For the last year or so, Mehta has been testing one of the new self-dispensing shirt cuff prototypes.

leaving the college game to go to the NFL is a promotion, not quitting

he negotiated a clause into his buffalo contract that if there was a change in ownership, he could opt out.  that is smart.  he negotiated another clause that buffalo would still owe him $4 million.  pretty standard.  

what is amazing is he got the $4 million set aside so that if he gets another HC job, there is no off set, and he gets to keep both salaries.

he gets to double his salary to leave the lake effect snow capital of the world

only mehta would cry about this

That's all fine and good...and only asking this again because it got ignored last time.  In terms of the football stuff Mehta mentions, isn't it all true?  Two seasons, no playoffs, losing record, sputtering offense...are these  not legitimate concerns?  Also a .500 guy in college.  If this is what the Jets are looking for then it really does eff up my day.  

Archived