Mehta absolutely killing Marone on twitter

docdhc

Something tells me Marrone told Kyle Orton he was going to excercise his out & that was that, he retired.

If you had an exit clause in your contract that paid you 4 million & you lived in Buffalo & had your house buried in 8' of snow wouldn't you want to look at 5 other locations with NFL teams needing a head coach?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something tells me Marrone told Kyle Orton he was going to excercise his out & that was that, he retired.

If you had an exit clause in your contract that paid you 4 million & you lived in Buffalo & had your house buried in 8' of snow wouldn't you want to look at 5 other locations with NFL teams needing a head coach?

I wouldn't do it unless I knew I had something in hand already. 

I stopped following him a long time ago.  He has personal agendas that I find inappropriate.  It is unfortunate that a person of his character has a platform.

Mehta is amazingly unprofessional.  But what else would you expect from a sh!t-rag like the Daily News?  They made Cimini into what he is today, namely the lead douchebag in Jets reporting.  Now the same scummy daily rag has Mehta doing their unprofessional tabloid style "journalism".   Funny thing is Mehta was completely different when he was the Jets beat reporter for the Star-Ledger.  Night and day.

I wouldn't do it unless I knew I had something in hand already.

Tells me Marrone is pretty confident in his abilities.

Love that he just sat Manuel & put Orton in who surprise, surprise was actually PREPARED to be the QB.

Unlike our vet backup who after getting the call in the bullpen was STUNNED and admitted that he might not have been ready or prepared.

Typical NY Jets, can't make that sh*t up, lol.

That's all fine and good...and only asking this again because it got ignored last time.  In terms of the football stuff Mehta mentions, isn't it all true?  Two seasons, no playoffs, losing record, sputtering offense...are these  not legitimate concerns?  Also a .500 guy in college.  If this is what the Jets are looking for then it really does eff up my day.  

the football points are fair.  a former o-lineman with a crappy rush offense is concerning.   but the quitting stuff is just petty sour grapes

Eleventy billion.

Walsh is one of my all time favorite HC's but even he started out 2-14 and he had Montana as a rookie but sat him for a year.. In his second year he brought Joe along slowly and the team went 6-10 . In year 3 they went 13-3 and won the Bowl but here's the odd thing.. Montana had just 19 tds and 12 picks but he played his best when it counted..Walsh to me was a football genius and had every phase of the team humming like a well oiled machine.. They don't make them like that anymore..

Walsh is one of my all time favorite HC's but even he started out 2-14 and he had Montana as a rookie but sat him for a year.. In his second year he brought Joe along slowly and the team went 6-10 . In year 3 they went 13-3 and won the Bowl but here's the odd thing.. Montana had just 19 tds and 12 picks but he played his best when it counted..Walsh to me was a football genius and had every phase of the team humming like a well oiled machine.. They don't make them like that anymore..

Wash also loved Rick Mirer, so no one is without their faults.

Rex's players never quit on him? Is he serious with this sh*t?

His hand picked bff wide receiver who had had to have quit on the feild for one, unreal that Mehta is not only still selling this but that people are actually buying it.

The Tuna said he would coach for 3 years and did I wouldn't call that bailing..

He left when Hess died.  I have no prob with it.  I say he bailed because I think he wanted to come back after getting a taste, and then having Vinnie go down.  But the thought of Woody turned his stomach

The prior 4 years at Syracuse, before Marrone, the Cuse were 10-37. A horrid team under Greg Robinson.

Under Marrone, the Cuse beat a number of ranked teams, he developed players and actually looked like a well run program.

He turned them around.

As a line coach with the Jets, he did a very good job with the unit he worked with.

Valid points...I was gonna' do a little homework on him today because I was in no condition to do so last night or this morning.  I just feel like the Bills have enough talent to be a little better than they were this season.  Not hugely as in "terrible coaching job" but more of a curiosity as to why they didn't make the playoffs with a dynamic D-line and some explosive players on offense.  Thanks!

Marrone will check off a lot of boxes for a lot of fans. Obviously his no-nonsense style compared to Rex's all nonsense style is appealing to everyone who thinks a disciplinarian needs to be brought in. The OL guys will love him, because as a former OL coach, he'll focus on that unit to a certain degree. Where the Jets are picking, a potential OT could easily be had there.

I think the fans anxious for the Jets to get out of the Stone Age offensively might be a little disappointed, though. He's got the mentality of a defensive minded coach, he's much more about eliminating mistakes and keeping it close than taking any chances offensively. Again, what was his influence in the Bills drafts? Because going QB and WR in the first round in back-to-back years at least demonstrates that someone over there was trying to get more explosive offensively.

I'm not too concerned about his record. It's an incomplete. He's taken over a couple crappy programs and improved them. Now, it's a lot easier to get from 6 wins to 9 wins than it is to get from 9 to 12. Can he take a team to the next level? I don't know, but there's no one else on the interview list who's a slam-dunk in that regard, either.

Thanks...good points from you and SD....looking forward to reading more about him.

Ok. I have read enough about marrone to offer an opinion..let's stick to facts however... I have read about these situations in detail where he did not for it on 4th down.. I would have done exactly the same thing.. As would have

rex.... He was punting and relying on top defense for a crucial stop and to get great field position. Both times defense failed. As for his running game, please do some real research... Spiller and jackson both missed significant parts of the season.. In 2013 , they had around 2000 yards combined... Top 3 in nfl! He gets coy and annoyed about injuries, so , bill b. Is no different. I am 50/50 on marrone, but I think he is solid, and with right gm, this could work...

Except at, you know, QB. Bust EJ Manuel and an aging Kyle Orton can't exactly run a dynamic offense. Yet the 2 of them still combined to complete a respectable 62 % of their throws in '14.

Orton is about a league average QB, IMO. He's been solid everywhere he's been.

I like how Maronne gets a pass for Manuel. Yes, I'm sure the offensive minded rookie head coach had absolutely nothing to do with reaching for a project QB two rounds too early. How much disconnect do people think there is between a coach and GM? I mean, come on. Plus it's his f*cking JOB to develop Manuel! Like it or not, there is an extremely high probability Geno is our QB next year. Maronne already failed spectacularly in trying to develop a very similar player.

In 2012, CJ Spiller looked Jamaal Charles-esque. This idiot came in, ran him straight into the line, and made him the lesser half of a timeshare with a 32 year old. And then played Spiller for half the season when he was very obviously hobbled.

Oh, and they wasted two first rounders to draft a WR in the greatest receiver class of all-time. And it turns out, he may be the fourth best WR out of the class!

Oh, and his motherf*cking offensive coordinator is Paul Hackett's son! Are all the people clamoring for Maronne aware of this? I've just about had enough of head coaches that coach like giant pussies on game day. No more guys that coach not to lose.

We haven't made the playoffs in 4 years but 'Rex's guys never quit on him'. I can't tell you how much I hate that line now.

Mehta was watching some other football team wearing green the last few years. With lousy QB and RB situations Marrone's team beat the Pats in Foxboro and the Packers at home. And spanked the poop out of Ryan's quitters in Buffalo.

Mehta was watching some other football team wearing green the last few years. With lousy QB and RB situations Marrone's team beat the Pats in Foxboro and the Packers at home. And spanked the poop out of Ryan's quitters in Buffalo.

And if they didn't lose to the Raiders maybe they make the playoffs..

I don't like Manish, and a lot of those tweets are uncalled for.  The football related stuff though, is any of it wrong?  .500 coach in college, losing record and no playoffs in the NFL, sputtering offense?  Lots of folks on board with that?

.500 at Syracuse is doing a phenomenal job, and the Bills have been way better with him.

Still don't want him though, all in on Bowles.

I don't like Manish, and a lot of those tweets are uncalled for. The football related stuff though, is any of it wrong? .500 coach in college, losing record and no playoffs in the NFL, sputtering offense? Lots of folks on board with that?

Absolutely agree there. We fire Rex n hire this loser? Who will probably quit like Al ******* Groh after an 8-8 season.

Buffalo...c'mon

Reminds me of a line from "A Chorus Line"

Bobby, from Buffalo says that things got so bad he thought of killing himself...but he decided not to because....

"Committing suicide in Buffalo is REDUNDANT"

Absolutely agree there. We fire Rex n hire this loser? Who will probably quit like Al ******* Groh after an 8-8 season.

Disagree on one point.

Al Groh had a record better than 8-8 and way better than that real.Loosar, WRECKS

Retweet51

Favorite38

More

headshot_Manish_Mehta_normal.jpgManish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN · 11h11 hours ago

RT @garymyersNYDN In the last 2 years, Doug Marrone quit on Syracuse, my alma matter and his alma mater, and now the Bills. #nyj0 replies33 retweets33 favorites

Retweet33

Favorite33

More

headshot_Manish_Mehta_normal.jpgManish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN · 12h12 hours ago

Was time for Jets to part ways with Rex Ryan. However, his players never quit on him. Now, #NYJ considering a coach who quit on his players0 replies391 retweets314 favorites

Retweet391

Favorite314

More

headshot_Manish_Mehta_normal.jpgManish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN · 12h12 hours ago

Doug Marrone: 25-25 at Syracuse. 15-17 as an NFL head coach with no playoff appearances... Sign me up! #nyj0 replies176 retweets178 favorites

Retweet176

Favori

I have never seen a beat writer put his own personal opinions in so many stories like this guy. Now he is killing a coaching candidate before he even has an interview with the team. This guy must be petrified by the prospect of not having a quote machine and source for news leaks on the team he is covering. He might actually have to do his job and do some reporting if Marrone gets the job.

Rich Cimini is feeling left out.

Archived