Mehta absolutely killing Marone on twitter

docdhc

lol

So at least we see where it all came from. Apparently Marrone owed it to former Syracuse student Manish Mehta to coach there forever, even if the upstate NY NFL team offered him a major opportunity. He had no right to quit and move onto an obvious promotion (which undoubtedly came with a serious pay raise). Just like Mehta had no right to quit nj.com when the Daily News had an opening.

Exactly! Explains Mehta's Twitter vile.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Retweet51

Favorite38

More

headshot_Manish_Mehta_normal.jpgManish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN · 11h11 hours ago

RT @garymyersNYDN In the last 2 years, Doug Marrone quit on Syracuse, my alma matter and his alma mater, and now the Bills. #nyj

0 replies33 retweets33 favorites

Retweet33

Favorite33

More

headshot_Manish_Mehta_normal.jpgManish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN · 12h12 hours ago

Was time for Jets to part ways with Rex Ryan. However, his players never quit on him. Now, #NYJ considering a coach who quit on his players

0 replies391 retweets314 favorites

Retweet391

Favorite314

More

headshot_Manish_Mehta_normal.jpgManish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN · 12h12 hours ago

Doug Marrone: 25-25 at Syracuse. 15-17 as an NFL head coach with no playoff appearances... Sign me up! #nyj

0 replies176 retweets178 favorites

Retweet176

Favori

I have never seen a beat writer put his own personal opinions in so many stories like this guy.  Now he is killing a coaching  candidate before he even has an interview with the team.  This guy must be petrified by the prospect of not having a quote machine and source for news leaks on the team he is covering.  He might actually have to do his job and do some reporting if Marrone gets the job.

These beat writers who do nothing but disrespect this franchise need to be black balled. The Jets can't completly ban them for negative comments but they can make their jobs unpleasant.

Their jobs are to pass on info about our team to us. Not attack everyone and anyone associated with this franchise. I'm sorry your press conference side show clown Rex is gone, now you have to come up with your own sound bites.

And I could care less about Marone. He's far from my first choice, but he's not even signed and this guy is attacking him. What purpose does this serve to Jets fans? How did he "quit" on Syrecuse? He took a step up to an NFL job.

What a tool.

Jeez. Sorry. Sad about Davis. From what I understand a really quality person. A great legacy.

Yep that would have been some backfield Brown and Davis.. Ernie Davis is the only player in NFL history to have his number retired without even playing in one season game..

A hell of a job at what?

An overall losing record after 6 years, never had his team competitive for a division title, and he finished it off with 4 straight non-winning, non-playoff seasons.

Yea, he did a hell of a job.

These people that are still crying about Rex have an inferiority complex. Rex was a blustering loser who talked a big game and could never back it up. Insecure people love that stuff. The product on the field was a joke. He's gone. Rex lovers need to move on, or become Falcons fans. Period.

These beat writers who do nothing but disrespect this franchise need to be black balled. The Jets can't completly ban them for negative comments but they can make their jobs unpleasant.

Their jobs are to pass on info about our team to us. Not attack everyone and anyone associated with this franchise. I'm sorry your press conference side show clown Rex is gone, now you have to come up with your own sound bites.

And I could care less about Marone. He's far from my first choice, but he's not even signed and this guy is attacking him. What purpose does this serve to Jets fans? How did he "quit" on Syrecuse? He took a step up to an NFL job.

What a tool.

totally agree, the next regime needs to treat these TMZ clowns like the vermin they are,..give them the Parcells, Ditka treatment, the guys and gals who are there to report about football will eventually rise above the Mehta-Cimini gossip nonsense . The culture needs to change the fan base is done with it.

Here is the hypocrisy that is Mehta------

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/jets-coach-soar-syracuse-blog-entry-1.1631433

In 2002, the Jets hired a little-known assistant named Doug Marrone to coach the offensive line. He replaced one of the best in the business, Bill Muir, but Marrone quickly established himself as a bright, hard-working coach, a guy with a future. One of his pet projects was Brandon Moore, a former college defensive lineman. This season, Moore is playing at a Pro-Bowl level at right guard. The reason I mention Marrone today is because he's interviewing for the vacant head-coaching position at Syracuse (full disclosure: my alma mater), and there's no person more deserving of the job than Marrone. These are tough times for Syracuse, whose once-proud football program has slipped to the depths of Division I. Quite frankly, it's embarrassing, and the athletic director, Dr. Daryl Gross (a former Jets scout, by the way), is charged with the responsibility of finding the right man to clean up the mess and make Syracuse important again. Doug Marrone will do that. He will do it because he's one of us. He grew up in the Bronx (Lehman High) and turned down scholarship offers from Penn State and Florida to play for Syracuse, where he served as a captain in 1984. He will do it because he knows the game, having worked seven years in the NFL and 10 years in the college ranks. Currently, he's the Saints' line coach/offensive coordinator, working with one of the brightest offensive minds in the game, Sean Payton. Do you think the Saints are scoring all those points by accident? He will do it because he will re-establish the school's recruiting base in the Northeast. He knows the people, he knows the landscape. He doesn't need a vehicle navigation system to find the Jersey Turnpike from Long Island. Some of the area's most prominent high-school coaches are guys that were around when he played. In recruiting, those relationships are everything. But the unique thing about Marrone is that, as a former assistant at Georgia, Georgia Tech and Tennessee, he also has recruited in the Deep South. That experience would be invaluable to a program that needs talent in the worst way. Finally, he will do it because this would be his forever job, like it is for Jim Boeheim. Unlike the other candidates, East Carolina's Skip Holtz and Buffalo's Turner Gill, Marrone wouldn't use Syracuse as a steppingstone. The man bleeds orange, and his passion and loyalty to the school would be contagious. He would energize and unite the Syracuse football community, mainly prominent football alums, in a way that never happened under the previous coaching staff. Years ago, Marrone told me this story, and I believe it says everything about him: On the eve of the Syracuse-Nebraska game in 1984, then coach Dick MacPherson, reaching deep into his bag of motivational tricks, told each player to go back to his room and write an essay. The thesis: Why we're going to beat Nebraska. Please understand, Syracuse was at least a three-touchdown underdog, if memory serves, and there was no logical reason to think it would be a competitive game, much less an upset. Naturally, MacPherson's request, somewhat sophomoric, was met with some reluctance. Marrone, the dutiful captain, went to his room, pulled out a few sheets of loose leaf and started writing. He got into it and kept writing. And writing. And soon several pages were filled. By the end of his handwritten pep talk, Marrone was so full of emotion and adrenaline that tears were welling in his eyes. The next day, Syracuse went out and beat Nebraska. Final score: 17-9. You can look it up. "I was absolutely convinced we were going to win that game," Marrone told me once, probably feeling those old, familiar goose bumps as he related the story. Anybody who cares that deeply about football and his school is a guy I'd want running my program.

absolutely fantastic man, great find.

These people that are still crying about Rex have an inferiority complex. Rex was a blustering loser who talked a big game and could never back it up. Insecure people love that stuff. The product on the field was a joke. He's gone. Rex lovers need to move on, or become Falcons fans. Period.

It's the Rex haters that won't move on.. I would like to see Bowles or Quinn as the next HC.. Some here may not remember but Quinn was a D-line coach for Mangini in 2007-2008 and the D players were sorry to see him go..He also was with the 49'ers and Fins besides the Hawks.. He was also coached at Hofstra and the U and played his HS ball at Morristown NJ..

A hell of a job at what?

An overall losing record after 6 years, never had his team competitive for a division title, and he finished it off with 4 straight non-winning, non-playoff seasons.

Yup, 4-12 team that the great Belichick needed a couple of blocked FGs to beat. Twice.

Read again. I said he did a great job at coaching. The team talent wasn't there n that's the GMs job to collect.

So Meh posts facts and gets slammed here ? Sure the guy can be ab Idiot but nothing wrong with what he's saying here at all. He raises a good question Marrone has quit will he quit on us ? How will he handle that type of media that will roast him over the coals for every loss ?

I remember a certain coach who quit as the HC of the NYJ.  It didn't seem to affect him too much.

My bad, 9-7. With FOUR first round picks. Al Groh is way better than Rex cuz why? Rex is a coach n did a hell of a job here. like it or not, he'll meet with the president (again) before any Jet does.

Groh was 9-7

Blowhard was significantly under .500

Which is, yes, way better

Doubtful WRECKS ever meets a President unless the White House invites a clown convention of some sort.

"hell of a job" Best 4-12 coach in the history of the NFL

Good riddence to bad rubbish

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/jets-coach-soar-syracuse-blog-entry-1.1631433

In 2002, the Jets hired a little-known assistant named Doug Marrone to coach the offensive line. He replaced one of the best in the business, Bill Muir, but Marrone quickly established himself as a bright, hard-working coach, a guy with a future. One of his pet projects was Brandon Moore, a former college defensive lineman. This season, Moore is playing at a Pro-Bowl level at right guard. The reason I mention Marrone today is because he's interviewing for the vacant head-coaching position at Syracuse (full disclosure: my alma mater), and there's no person more deserving of the job than Marrone. These are tough times for Syracuse, whose once-proud football program has slipped to the depths of Division I. Quite frankly, it's embarrassing, and the athletic director, Dr. Daryl Gross (a former Jets scout, by the way), is charged with the responsibility of finding the right man to clean up the mess and make Syracuse important again. Doug Marrone will do that. He will do it because he's one of us. He grew up in the Bronx (Lehman High) and turned down scholarship offers from Penn State and Florida to play for Syracuse, where he served as a captain in 1984. He will do it because he knows the game, having worked seven years in the NFL and 10 years in the college ranks. Currently, he's the Saints' line coach/offensive coordinator, working with one of the brightest offensive minds in the game, Sean Payton. Do you think the Saints are scoring all those points by accident? He will do it because he will re-establish the school's recruiting base in the Northeast. He knows the people, he knows the landscape. He doesn't need a vehicle navigation system to find the Jersey Turnpike from Long Island. Some of the area's most prominent high-school coaches are guys that were around when he played. In recruiting, those relationships are everything. But the unique thing about Marrone is that, as a former assistant at Georgia, Georgia Tech and Tennessee, he also has recruited in the Deep South. That experience would be invaluable to a program that needs talent in the worst way. Finally, he will do it because this would be his forever job, like it is for Jim Boeheim. Unlike the other candidates, East Carolina's Skip Holtz and Buffalo's Turner Gill, Marrone wouldn't use Syracuse as a steppingstone. The man bleeds orange, and his passion and loyalty to the school would be contagious. He would energize and unite the Syracuse football community, mainly prominent football alums, in a way that never happened under the previous coaching staff. Years ago, Marrone told me this story, and I believe it says everything about him: On the eve of the Syracuse-Nebraska game in 1984, then coach Dick MacPherson, reaching deep into his bag of motivational tricks, told each player to go back to his room and write an essay. The thesis: Why we're going to beat Nebraska. Please understand, Syracuse was at least a three-touchdown underdog, if memory serves, and there was no logical reason to think it would be a competitive game, much less an upset. Naturally, MacPherson's request, somewhat sophomoric, was met with some reluctance. Marrone, the dutiful captain, went to his room, pulled out a few sheets of loose leaf and started writing. He got into it and kept writing. And writing. And soon several pages were filled. By the end of his handwritten pep talk, Marrone was so full of emotion and adrenaline that tears were welling in his eyes. The next day, Syracuse went out and beat Nebraska. Final score: 17-9. You can look it up. "I was absolutely convinced we were going to win that game," Marrone told me once, probably feeling those old, familiar goose bumps as he related the story. Anybody who cares that deeply about football and his school is a guy I'd want running my program.

Wow

What a fu**ing hypocrite that little scumbag sleaze Mehta is!!

He really should be fired by that rotten rag he writes for

Billboards, please

I would love Marrone to land in NY. I couldn't stand him, his attitude, his conservative-ness, and how the offense regressed badly from year one to year two. He rode the coattails of a great defense to our winning record, and with a average offense, we'd have been in the playoffs, which was his department. We can do better.

"To commit suicide in Buffalo is redundant"

Yup, 4-12 team that the great Belichick needed a couple of blocked FGs to beat. Twice.

Read again. I said he did a great job at coaching. The team talent wasn't there n that's the GMs job to collect.

Now you understand TX

The 4 wins were because of WRECKS "great job at coaching"

The 12 losses (including two thrashings by Doug Marrone 's Bills) were caused by "team talent that wasn't there and the GM'S job to collect"

Try to keep that in mind for the future

Beautiful.

Groh was 9-7

Blowhard was significantly under .500

Which is, yes, way better

Doubtful WRECKS ever meets a President unless the White House invites a clown convention of some sort.

"hell of a job" Best 4-12 coach in the history of the NFL

Good riddence to bad rubbish

Al Groh had a much more talented team than Rex.

Now you understand TX

The 4 wins were because of WRECKS "great job at coaching"

The 12 losses (including two thrashings by Doug Marrone 's Bills) were caused by "team talent that wasn't there and the GM'S job to collect"

Try to keep that in mind for the future

This team lacked talent and was a 2 win talent after the injuries. Is that hard to understand?

Rex Ryan the head coach. The head COACH. Not the GM.

someone should Twitter this to show why his butt hurts

I honestly don't think it was him.  It says he's been with the Daily News for 5 years which would put him there in 2009 and the article was written in 2008.  I did Tweet it to him, but I think it was that other POS Gary Myers that wrote it since I know he's from Syracuse.

A hell of a job at what?

Find me an owner that will pass on a guarantee two trip to the afcc game out of six season.

Find me an owner that will pass on a guarantee two trip to the afcc game out of six season.

Followed by 4 non winning seasons culminating in a 4-12 last place finish..

All 32 owners would pass on that BUST

I honestly don't think it was him. It says he's been with the Daily News for 5 years which would put him there in 2009 and the article was written in 2008. I did Tweet it to him, but I think it was that other POS Gary Myers that wrote it since I know he's from Syracuse.

Edit.

Lets just hope it back fires on him and the Daily News!

you don't have to "hope" it back fires..

stop reading his online articles at the daily news site & unsubscribe to his twitter account..

if thousands of jet fans do both, it will backfire on him & the daily news..

That seems to be the business philosophy of the NY Daily News in general.

I'd say it's New York Media, period.

Just look at the FAN, not a shred of positive coverage of the local teams there best as I can tell.  The Giants get semi-decent coverage, the Jets are loathed by one and all (even the so-called "Jet Fans" there).  Mets get the same, Yankess get Giant-like coverage.

The papers are hardcore brutal, negative, etc.

New York media just sucks.  It's so bottom-barrel almost across the board, they make the Washongton Post look like a well run professional paper ffs.

I'd say it's New York Media, period.

Just look at the FAN, not a shred of positive coverage of the local teams there best as I can tell.  The Giants get semi-decent coverage, the Jets are loathed by one and all (even the so-called "Jet Fans" there).  Mets get the same, Yankess get Giant-like coverage.

The papers are hardcore brutal, negative, etc.

New York media just sucks.  It's so bottom-barrel almost across the board, they make the Washongton Post look like a well run professional paper ffs.

Neither Newsday nor the Star-Ledger operates like that.  Nor does the NY Times or Wall St. Journal.  You are projecting the behavior of the sh!t-rag Daily News and gossip tabloid NY Post onto the others.  The News and the Post have basically destroyed legitimate sports coverage in the print media in NY.  Agree entirely on Sports radio.  Buncha dicks on both stations.

Archived