MARIOTA vs WINSTON Rose Bowl ESPN 2pm PT today

jetrider

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a college football fan. Who's the best comparison when they were coming out (forget how their career turned out) to Winston? Mariotta?

If drafted by any team but jets:

Mariota: cam netwon, colin kaepernick

Winston: big ben

If drafted by jets:

Mariota: akili smith

Winston: jared lorenzen

nice read. Any Jets fan who is seriously in favor of passing on this player, in the miracle he falls to 6 overall, probably has another agenda. 

It's a moot point as he's probably going 1. or to the major leagues. 

When I read a tweet that said NFL scouts were somewhat impressed with Winston after the game, I had to do this exercise. I thought he was better than most thought, but after examining each dropback, I more than agreed with the NFL personnel people. He made some impressive decisions and throws; some that were incomplete were even better than the ones that were caught.

In my view. Winston is CLEARLY a better NFL QB prospect than Mariota. But I think Mariota goes first. I do believe there is a bias against black QBs still, and Winston will drop because of his attitude and off field stuff similar to Geno. He will be there at 6 I think strongly. I also believe if Geno were white he still would have been a first rounder.

I think Mariota is going to flop I really do.

In my view. Winston is CLEARLY a better NFL QB prospect than Mariota. But I think Mariota goes first. I do believe there is a bias against black QBs still, and Winston will drop because of his attitude and off field stuff similar to Geno. He will be there at 6 I think strongly. I also believe if Geno were white he still would have been a first rounder.

I think Mariota is going to flop I really do.

the Big Ben comparisons are def promising

Archived