FIRE MEHTA BANNER

prime21

The fact that there's about three threads on him every week is all the more reason they will never fire him, Im Sure this isn't the only jet's fansite that this happens either. He's like Howard Stern you don't like him but yet you continue to read him and talk about him.

He just posted another article on daily news website accusing Jets of tampering , trashing marrone as a guy who the players hated and a carer loser...called Woody , Casserly and wolf sleazy...imagine this guy?

Agree, it's the only way.

You guys are both right not arguing that , it's just so in our face constantly it's easier said...got home from the in laws popped the Rose bowl on opened my lap top and boom...

The problem is that anything you do to bring attention to a reporter is good for him. Flying a "fire mehta" plane would do the opposite of it's intention. The guy writes his garbage and Jets fans eat it up. They retweet and complain - but the real way to handle this would be to set up a boycott. No planes. No billboards. Simply unfollow him on twitter. Don't click on his articles. Don't speak out against him. Pretend he doesn't exist.

Funny story about Manish...

He texted me about a week after we launched the site on a Saturday night at around 10pm (no clue how he got my number) and asked if he could interview me about what we were doing.

I respectfully turned him down and said "You aren't very popular among Jets fans and I worry about what talking to you would do for our mission"

He said "not popular? 50k followers"

So I said "i don't question your reach but that is different than popularity"

Never heard from him again. The Daily News had John Healy contact us for quotes from then on...

The thing is - Manish is right... Regardless if people hate him, he has 50k followers... I am not as insulted by his brand of disgraceful reporting as most other fans bc i look at his articles the same way i look at the National Enquirer... It's tabloid garbage. But if you guys all pretend it is more than that and read it, you are creating the problem.

The problem is that anything you do to bring attention to a reporter is good for him. Flying a "fire mehta" plane would do the opposite of it's intention. The guy writes his garbage and Jets fans eat it up. They retweet and complain - but the real way to handle this would be to set up a boycott. No planes. No billboards. Simply unfollow him on twitter. Don't click on his articles. Don't speak out against him. Pretend he doesn't exist.

Sadly, some people actually like him.  I actually got into an argument with someone on Twitter because he took offense to something I said to Mehta.  I thought it was him for a minute or two lol.

I'm emailing the Daily News on Monday and telling them I will no longer purchase their newspaper or visit their website until Mehta is fired.

I suggest others who feel he is a dishonest little creep do the same

Next steps involve contact with their advertisers.

Funny story about Manish...

He texted me about a week after we launched the site on a Saturday night at around 10pm (no clue how he got my number) and asked if he could interview me about what we were doing.

I respectfully turned him down and said "You aren't very popular among Jets fans and I worry about what talking to you would do for our mission"

He said "not popular? 50k followers"

So I said "i don't question your reach but that is different than popularity"

Never heard from him again. The Daily News had John Healy contact us for quotes from then on...

The thing is - Manish is right... Regardless if people hate him, he has 50k followers... I am not as insulted by his brand of disgraceful reporting as most other fans bc i look at his articles the same way i look at the National Enquirer... It's tabloid garbage. But if you guys all pretend it is more than that and read it, you are creating the problem.

Good story. And I completely agree. Once every 3-4 months or so I glance at a tabloid while standing in line at the supermarket. Just by looking at the covers you see some celebrity who gained weight or got divorced or something. NY Post and Daily News are the same thing. Every 3-6 months someone posts a front or back page somewhere and I chuckle at a headline that says something like "prez says" when describing a statement the President said or uses a phrase like "sexy rexy."

The only reason I know about Mehta is so many people talk about him here. But there is no reason to expose yourself to that garbage publication more than once or twice every few months. It makes you dumber.

I'm down to contribute to paying for this banner. They can fly it over the NY Daily News offices.

You'd be giving him the attention he craves.  And the Daily News would love it.  No... the best thing that could happen is people no longer clicking on ANY Daily sh!t-Rag News links and absolutely to stop following Mehta's sand-filled vagina, crybaby rants on twatter.

Sadly, some people actually like him.  I actually got into an argument with someone on Twitter because he took offense to something I said to Mehta.  I thought it was him for a minute or two lol.

Mehta has his minions defend him on Twatter.  He also had one set up an account at JI (username: Brickstreet or something to that effect) that would post every one of his Twatter posts and defend him from any criticism.  Not sure if it was the jackass Mehta himself or some intern who got stuck working for the creep at the Daily News, but for about 4-5 months, this "Brickstreet" or whatever name, continually defended Mehta and then disappeared, coincedently around the time most college semesters were over.

He's a sneaky, slimey little snake, that Manish.  He has no journalistic integrity and no clue of what journalism ethics are and why most journalists adhere to them.  Basically, Manish is an embarassment to the entire profession.

I'm down to contribute to paying for this banner. They can fly it over the NY Daily News offices.

Please mail me the money order to my uncle in Nigeria. He can spend his entire wealth (1.4 mil is what he told me in his last email) to send ad planes.

PS. He is filthy rich, but does not own a phone.

For those who wish to tell the NYDN what you think of Mehta or, like me, that you won't read their rag or click on their site until Mehta is sh1tcanned, the number to call is 212 210 2100. Ask to speak to the Sports Department editor who apparently doesn't start work until 11:30.

I made my feelings known to the managing editor department who seemed to have no idea who the insect known as Mehta even was

Archived