Lupica: Rich Kotite comes to mind when thinking of Doug Marrone

JOJOTOWNSELL

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kotite was a completely incompetent head coach in Philly.  Randall Cunningham used to draw up his own plays in the huddle because Kotite had no idea what he was doing.  I'm not saying Marrone is the next Belichick or that I even like the move but comparing Marron who is at least a competent HC to a totally incapable one is just dumb.

Who cares what Lupica thinks?  He doesn't know d*ck about football.

Kotite was a completely incompetent head coach in Philly.  Randall Cunningham used to draw up his own plays in the huddle because Kotite had no idea what he was doing.  I'm not saying Marrone is the next Belichick or that I even like the move but comparing Marron who is at least a competent HC to a totally incapable one is just dumb.

Who cares what Lupica thinks?  He doesn't know d*ck about football.

Bingo

Yeah, except Kotite had more NFL success.

Seriously?

Kotite's records trended downward. Marrone's trend upwards.

Kotite left his 2 teams in worse condition. Marrone left his two in better position.

Hess didn't interview anyone else when he hired Kotite. Woody, obviously is

Other than that yeah this is just like Kotite.

Yeah, because lupica is an expert. The only thing lupica is good at is bashing the Jets. The Jets could have hired him Harbaugh and he would find something to whine about.

The media will not approve of this hire because marrone is not media friendly.

Well obviously Bill Parcells, Bill Cowher and Jon Gruden were both banging on Woody's door to take the head coaching job.  How dare he not hire them?

Seriously?

Kotite left his 2 teams in worse condition. Marrone left his two in better position.

Hess hired Kotite because he was suffering from dementia and Kotite was a friend of his family's.  Kotite had absolutely nothing to do with any success the Eagles had when he was there the guy was an empty suit head coach ask any Eagles fan or player from that time.  The Eagles had so much talent a 10 year old kid could have won games with that roster and that's pretty much what happened.

Kotite had Randall Cunningham in his prime.  Marrone had Kyle Orton.  Yeah fair comparison.

Wouldn't it be nice if the media actually was behind the move?? I'm usually anti-media and pro-team but the media has been right about us more often than not.....can't deny the facts

So who's the amazing candidate out there we're missing out on?  Adam Gase because he got coffee for Peyton Manning? 

I'm not saying I like the move I actually don't but the Jets HC job isn't exactly the most desirable job in the NFL right now.  We're probably the least desirable of all the Head Coach vacancies by far.  Crappy roster, clueless owner who meddles, NY media hates you, National media hates you, no QB and Tom Brady in the division another 5-10 years.

So who's the amazing candidate out there we're missing out on? Adam Gase because he got coffee for Peyton Manning?

I'm not saying I like the move I actually don't but the Jets HC job isn't exactly the most desirable job in the NFL right now. We're probably the least desirable of all the Head Coach vacancies by far. Crappy roster, clueless owner who meddles, NY media hates you, National media hates you, no QB and Tom Brady in the division another 5-10 years.

Not by far. Bears & Jets are both very similar right now.

This is the least damaging of Woody's meddles of the years.  This is nothing compared to the Tim Tebow disaster.

So the backup qb who never even played had a worse effect than the owner once again meddling in the gm/head coach search??

I will go back to parcels leaving the team once woody bought it.....parcells is no fool

Yeah, because lupica is an expert. The only thing lupica is good at is bashing the Jets. The Jets could have hired him Harbaugh and he would find something to whine about.

The media will not approve of this hire because marrone is not media friendly.

The media will not approve of the hire under any circumstances.  

It's much easier to continue the circus story line instead of having to be journalists.

So the backup qb who never even played had a worse effect than the owner once again meddling in the gm/head coach search??

I will go back to parcels leaving the team once woody bought it.....parcells is no fool

Yeah because it turned the team into a circus and I don't care what anyone says it distracted the hell out of Sanchez which is part of why he went from having a decent statistical year in 2011 to being the worst qb in the league in 2012.

Yeah because it turned the team into a circus and I don't care what anyone says it distracted the hell out of Sanchez which is part of why he went from having a decent statistical year in 2011 to being the worst qb in the league in 2012.

Blaming tebow for Sanchez's suckiness is just about the lamest thing I've heard all year

Hess hired Kotite because he was suffering from dementia and Kotite was a friend of his family's.  Kotite had absolutely nothing to do with any success the Eagles had when he was there the guy was an empty suit head coach ask any Eagles fan or player from that time.  The Eagles had so much talent a 10 year old kid could have won games with that roster and that's pretty much what happened.

Kotite had Randall Cunningham in his prime.  Marrone had Kyle Orton.  Yeah fair comparison.

Cunningham never made a 16 game season for Kotite his other QB's were Bubby Brister and Jim McMahon. Kotite's 1st season was 10-6 and Cunningham didn't play unless you want to count his 4 pass attempts with 1 completion.. Orton career wise has 101 tds and 69 picks better then the Jets have had in awhile..

Cunningham never made a 16 game season for Kotite his other QB's were Bubby Brister and Jim McMahon. Kotite's 1st season was 10-6 and Cunningham didn't play unless you want to count his 4 pass attempts with 1 completion.. Orton career wise has 101 tds and 69 picks better then the Jets have had in awhile..

You're not seriously going to try to argue that Orton was a better NFL QB than Randall Cunningham?

Seriously?

Speaking prior to Kotite's hiring by the Jets.

Absolutely seriously. Jesus Christ, this is a guy with a 15-17 record. Kotite had playoff teams in Philly. Yes, Kotite in Philly was unequivocally more successful than Marrone in Buffalo and that's not really even debatable.

You're not seriously going to try to argue that Orton was a better NFL QB than Randall Cunningham?

No I was simply stating fact and saying Kotites best season with the Eagles was without Cunningham..Another fact is Orton has better stats then Sanchez...LOL

So who's the amazing candidate out there we're missing out on?  Adam Gase because he got coffee for Peyton Manning? 

I'm not saying I like the move I actually don't but the Jets HC job isn't exactly the most desirable job in the NFL right now.  We're probably the least desirable of all the Head Coach vacancies by far.  Crappy roster, clueless owner who meddles, NY media hates you, National media hates you, no QB and Tom Brady in the division another 5-10 years.

Tom Brady is turning 38. Hes gone soon. 

We are top 5 in cap room. 

Top 6 draft pick. 

Our Dline is top 5 in the league and all 26 years old or under. 

Our Lockerroom has no issues

Most HC jobs that are available include dealing with a sh*tty QB situation but besides that this is a excellent job that will be coveted morso then the media and fans realize. We can do ALOT better then Doug Marrone - Who I agree would be a TERRIBLE hire. 

Archived