Lets start a movement against Doug Marrone he's a LOSER

joewilly12

Do you want the Jets to hire Doug Marrone  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the Jets to hire Doug Marrone as head coach?

• Yes
    • No
    • JoeWilly12 should stop starting threads

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's not my first choice, but it's not terrible. I don't think it's a lock either. If he is hired tho I doubt geno will start. He benched ej and also has beaten the dog piss out of geno both in college and pros

You may have a point...EJ in his short Bills career has 16 tds and 12 picks Geno 25 tds and 34 picks.. :winking0001:

Ok so let me get this straight most the fan base here want Doug Marrone?

Not really but the idea that I know more than actual nfl gms who have won multiple superbowls seems silly to me. I'm very open to the idea at I don't know who the best candidate is. On top of that much like the draft, the perceived best guy isn't always actually the best when all is said and done. Wehave to wait and see how it plays out and stop acting like we really know anything. As I said before I thought both mike mcCarthy and Sean Payton were terrible hires for green bay and new Orleans and I was dead wrong on both accounts. No one knows. It also has to do with the staff the coach hires. If marrone brought schwartz that's very exciting, if he brings Hackett I won't be very excited but well see.

We all have to admit that as fans the only thing that really excites us is an interesting name. I don't want an interesting name that turns out to be the wrong choice, I want the right guy even if his name seems unexciting at first.

Don't get how everyone is slobbering over Marrone when he has accomplished nothing. A lot of this fan base deserves everything that the inept ownership heaps on it. Please Woody, don't use the lubricant next time you attempt to jam something in our collective asses, we like the pain.

I don't see anyone slobbering over Marrone. Who is available which fits your definition of accomplished?

I don't see anyone slobbering over Marrone. Who is available which fits your definition of accomplished?

Then you need to read more threads. I never said that anyone needs to be accomplished at the HC level. I would like to have some optimism, so bring in a respected DC like Quinn who is at least accomplished on his side of the ball and give him a shot, maybe he can get it done, maybe not. Marrone has only proven he is a solid .500 coach, if that sounds exciting then you should be happy.

Here's a question. What if Marrone brings a good GM candidate with him? Ryan Pace's name has been added to the mix. He's a legitimate candidate. Director of personnel for the Saints

Seems to me that Marrone is tied to the guy with the Irish name from the Texans. And Casserly has strong ties to Macwhateverthe**** as well.

That's why I'm arguing so vehemently against Marrone. I absolutely HATE this potential move and a read of the tea leaves makes me feel like this is a foregone conclusion.

Seems to me that Marrone is tied to the guy with the Irish name from the Texans. And Casserly has strong ties to Macwhateverthe**** as well.

That's why I'm arguing so vehemently against Marrone. I absolutely HATE this potential move and a read of the tea leaves makes me feel like this is a foregone conclusion.

Marrone is tied to 3 of the candidates.

Rick Mueller and Ryan Pace from his time with the Saints

Maccagnan through old times. Which actually is the weaker connection

every HC or GM will have misses,, there is no perfect candidate unless Jesus is interested in dealing with Manish's crap ;)

Too many folks say 'ohhh, look at that QB he drafted, or that decision he made',,who the f cares..Its only a issue if its numerous, not one or two isolated misses

Do you really think the GM would draft a QB that his handpicked rookie head coach did not want?

Had Tanny not given Favre his release he would have had to play with the Jets in 2009 or not at all..And Tanny knew he had the arm surgery that he needed.. Did he think he had the operation to be able to throw hay bales around in his barn??

Had Tanny not given Favre his release he would have had to play with the Jets in 2009 or not at all..And Tanny knew he had the arm surgery that he needed.. Did he think he had the operation to be able to throw hay bales around in his barn??

tannys achilles heel was fan like adulation and caving to Rex, Favre etc

tannys achilles heel was fan like adulation and caving to Rex, Favre etc

If that's the case Tanny should have wanted Farve back and no one else?? Who knows what Sanchez would have done sitting behind Favre for 09-10?? Or would we have been in 2 bowls instead of 2 AFCCG's?? Sitting behind Favre sure as hell didn't hurt Rogers in Green Bay..

Then you need to read more threads. I never said that anyone needs to be accomplished at the HC level. I would like to have some optimism, so bring in a respected DC like Quinn who is at least accomplished on his side of the ball and give him a shot, maybe he can get it done, maybe not. Marrone has only proven he is a solid .500 coach, if that sounds exciting then you should be happy.

No, it doesn't sound exciting, good thing I'm not looking to be excited. Jets fans always love to be excited until they aren't anymore just like how Rex was exciting until he wasn't.

I have questions about Quinn too though. Is he the driving force behind the Seattle D or is he a mere benefactor of a freakish roster? Is he some kind of great D mind or is his D just so athletic that they can make plays all over the field regardless of what was called? Did he have a role in recruiting/drafting those guys/types of players?  

No, it doesn't sound exciting, good thing I'm not looking to be excited. Jets fans always love to be excited until they aren't anymore just like how Rex was exciting until he wasn't.

I have questions about Quinn too though. Is he the driving force behind the Seattle D or is he a mere benefactor of a freakish roster? Is he some kind of great D mind or is his D just so athletic that they can make plays all over the field regardless of what was called? Did he have a role in recruiting/drafting those guys/types of players?  

There are always questions Carroll was 7-9 2 years in a row before Wilson..

i thought marrone did OK with team he inherited and fact pettine left in year 2 with half the def staff...did a decent ceo type 'circle the wagons' act.. I am not a marrone advocate per say, but he ddint do 'bad' at buffalo

Ok and that bad isn't a head coach I want for the NY Jets. 

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by sg3View it anyway?

16-14 is the current vote 

Yea, that's the model of success in the NFL.

Have a mediocre 2-year HC bring in his own GM to run the organization.

Where do you guys come up with stuff like this?

PatsFanTX I never thought I would agree with you but you get it he's mediocre at best and has won NOTHING and now he's going bring his own GM wow this team is the most dysfunctional organization in professional sports if this happens. 

I didn't bother reading all the pages in this thread-i saw title and first page- but you're being ridiculous joewilly. You've confirmed to all trolls that we are the most ridiculous fans in the NFL.

I was puzzled at immediate marrone rumors too but c'mon

If wolf and casserly say he's a good hire I trust them.

You were probably clamoring for woody to hire someone like wolf and casserly now you're gonna sh*t on their decision? (aside from the fact a decision has not even been made!)

The Pats trolls probably think this is the greatest thread title they've ever seen! Haha.

Thank god the game just started so I don't have to read this crap right now.

Yea, that's the model of success in the NFL.

Have a mediocre 2-year HC bring in his own GM to run the organization.

Where do you guys come up with stuff like this?

You misunderstood me. 

I mean a quality GM candidate. In other words, the name Ryan Pace, player director for the Saints, has surfaced. Would he be connected to Marrone?

I didn't bother reading all the pages in this thread-i saw title and first page- but you're being ridiculous joewilly. You've confirmed to all trolls that we are the most ridiculous fans in the NFL.

I was puzzled at immediate marrone rumors too but c'mon

If wolf and casserly say he's a good hire I trust them.

You were probably clamoring for woody to hire someone like wolf and casserly now you're gonna sh*t on their decision? (aside from the fact a decision has not even been made!)

The Pats trolls probably think this is the greatest thread title they've ever seen! Haha.

Thank god the game just started so I don't have to read this crap right now.

15 others also voted against Marrone there are other better candidates out there in my OPINION if we hire Marrone  I support him and see if he proves ME wrong. 

Side note for max...the thread said I've chosen to ignore sg3? I never did that not do I know how to do that?

Go into your preferences you can IGNORE whoever you choose. sg3 and I had issues and a moderator told us to ignore each other that I did but apparently he chooses not to. 

Archived