Marrone Arrives Tonight for Inteview Tomorrow

JetsFanatic

He is set to interview with the Falcons on Monday.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 4m4 minutes ago

Doug Marrone arrives in NJ later today for Sunday's scheduled interview with Jets. Marrone scheduled to meet Monday with Falcons.

EDITED: Sunday 7:15 am:

Evidently the interview was Saturday after all, not Sunday. The Jets continue their search.  Despite what some in the media are claiming, the Jets are performing their due diligence.  Whomever is picked, lets hope it works out!

I'm hoping they sign him with full knowledge of the GM who will be here working with him.  What's really interesting is there is this new technology called skype and they could conceivably have the GM candidate in the room at the same time and get this done. Doesn't have to be sit down face to face to get the heavy lifting done.

The biggest hope I have after that is that Bradway is thrown out the door and down the steps while Woody yells " Thanks for Dewayne Robertson and Doug Jolly you piece of SH*T!!!!"

why? What makes you think Quinn or Bowles will be better than Marrone?

I'm wondering the same thing.  I like Bowles but Quinn will end up being exposed for being a product of Pete Carroll, who is a good Defensive mind IMO. 

Kinda like the other guy from that team that time.

I'm on the fence with him it's not like he's done anything great.

He has done partial rehab jobs with two sh*tty teams. It's hard to gauge what you might expect from him, but I don't think he'd be a flop. Still.... I'm intrigued by Quinn and Bowles, and poaching from that NFC West more than anything else.

Also puzzled why the Bills are going to be talking to Mike Shanahan, but the Jets aren't.

If Maccagnan doesn't pee on his shoes tomorrow, he gets the job and they're both announced on Wednesday.

I'm gonna start depriving myself of oxygen right now, so I have a really good yawn ready to go come Wednesday.

I can't see them hire a coach before the gm with casserly and wolf there 2 guys that picked there own coach as gm . I don't think they will advise woody that way . I also like the way they are casting a wide net and seem not to have liked many of the gm candidates and are looking for the right one

I can't see them hire a coach before the gm with casserly and wolf there 2 guys that picked there own coach as gm . I don't think they will advise woody that way . I also like the way they are casting a wide net and seem not to have liked many of the gm candidates and are looking for the right one

For what it's worth Seattle, KC and Cleveland hired coaches before getting a GM.

For what it's worth Seattle, KC and Cleveland hired coaches before getting a GM.

I understand KC and Seattle hiring name-brand coaches to essentially run the whole show, but did Cleveland really hire Pettine before they had a GM in place? That's more of an example as to why that franchise is always so awesome than anything else.

The Jets aren't looking at any coaching candidates along the lines of Carroll or Reid.

I understand KC and Seattle hiring name-brand coaches to essentially run the whole show, but did Cleveland really hire Pettine before they had a GM in place? That's more of an example as to why that franchise is always so awesome than anything else.

The Jets aren't looking at any coaching candidates along the lines of Carroll or Reid.

I think I'm right on Cleveland. The point is that if you really like a coach you hire him thus you break the rule hiring a GM first. Granted none if the coaches have the cache of Reid. Carroll wasn't a non controversial hire. He failed in the NFL before.

With Marrone leaving after his interview hopefully we can put all of the media driven

hysteria to rest.  He's a candidate, he got an interview and now we move on to the

next one.  If he has the best vision for the team AFTER we considered all of the

other candidates fine, hire him.  Otherwise everything that was speculated for the

past 2-3 days was crap

He has done partial rehab jobs with two sh*tty teams. It's hard to gauge what you might expect from him, but I don't think he'd be a flop. Still.... I'm intrigued by Quinn and Bowles, and poaching from that NFC West more than anything else.

Also puzzled why the Bills are going to be talking to Mike Shanahan, but the Jets aren't.

Because Shanahan is an over rated and tired skin sack who's never won anything without Elway and traded two years drafts away for RG3 then hired his son as is OC and still sucked ball bags.

He was 24-40 in 4 years as HC of the Skins.

Rex was 50-52 in 6 by comparison and look how many people including yourself wanted him gone.

He sucks and I would rub myself in chocolate sauce if the Bills hired him just because I am still bitter at the 90's Bills teams and how they owned the Jets for 6 years or so there.

Archived