Jets | Team will interview Haslett Sunday evening

TaborJet

Jets | Team will interview Haslett Sunday evening

Sun, 8 Jan 2006 09:25:48 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the New York Jets will interview former New Orleans Saints head coach Jim Haslett for their head coaching vacancy Sunday evening Jan. 8.

http://darthno.ytmnd.com/

Knowing the Jets, they will pass on one of the brightest up and comers (Mangini) in the NFL and go with a retread loser like Haslett. #-o

Same old Jets.

Haslett gets added to the my list alongside Shottenheimer of coaches that will cause me to stop following the Jets until their respective tenure is over.

I want youth. I want new blood.

exactly.

we need a young dude with a flexible mind who is not coming in here with a strict "philosiphy" like herm had.

a Jim Mora type, but better, possibly Mangini

Legally, you're correct, BB has no say. However, I think Mike Francessa on the FAN nailed it today. Out of his hatred of the Jets among other things, he could sit Mangini down and tell him that in his opinion the Jets job is a bad option, and that he should wait a year. He could tell Mangini that he doesn't want to be in the same division as Belichick and Saban.

Belichick has an ulterior motive of not wanting his friend Saban and his protege Mangini in the same division as him.

Legally, you're correct, BB has no say. However, I think Mike Francessa on the FAN nailed it today. Out of his hatred of the Jets among other things, he could sit Mangini down and tell him that in his opinion the Jets job is a bad option, and that he should wait a year. He could tell Mangini that he doesn't want to be in the same division as Belichick and Saban.

Belichick has an ulterior motive of not wanting his friend Saban and his protege Mangini in the same division as him.

I don't think Mangini is that much of a puppet.

If the Jets offer him a fantastic deal, no way does he turn that down, regardless of what BB says.

Just my opinion.

I don't think Mangini is that much of a puppet.

If the Jets offer him a fantastic deal, no way does he turn that down, regardless of what BB says.

Just my opinion.

I think you're probably safe, then. The Jets are gonna look to go cheap - there is no doubt in my mind. Woodrow probably is looking for a coach to get them close to 500 so he can sell the team.

I think control of player personnel would be more important to Mangini then the money.

How's that gonna sit with Bradway?

Being 100% serious here I do not think it would be a problem at all. IMO, he listened to Herm regarding personel a lot.

Archived