The Answer to the Jets 2015 QB Problem...

The Troll

...is Mike Glennon.

I said that Glennon would be the best QB in the weak 2013 draft class, and so far, that looks to be a pretty safe projection. But, he was not drafted by the current regime in Tampa. They signed a journeyman sh*t monster in Josh McCown after Glennon performed admirably after being thrust into the lineup as a rookie once Josh Freeman went full retard. Then, when McCown got hurt this year, Glennon showed that his rookie season was no fluke. Of course, they turned back to McCown because they are morons. Now that the Bucs hold the first pick and will almost certainly go QB, it seems quite evident that Glennon can be had.

He's started 18 games in his first two seasons and has a 29-15 TD-INT mark. This is a young QB that has shown legit promise and has simply gotten dicked around by a clownshoes organization. With the Jets screwing themselves out of drafting a top QB prospect, why not bring in Glennon and have he and Geno in a legit competition? The best man wins. At worst, it's a stop gap measure for next year until we can find a real QB. At best, that real QB is Mike Glennon.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...is Mike Glennon.

I said that Glennon would be the best QB in the weak 2013 draft class, and so far, that looks to be a pretty safe projection. But, he was not drafted by the current regime in Tampa. They signed a journeyman sh*t monster in Josh McCown after Glennon performed admirably after being thrust into the lineup as a rookie once Josh Freeman went full retard. Then, when McCown got hurt this year, Glennon showed that his rookie season was no fluke. Of course, they turned back to McCown because they are morons. Now that the Bucs hold the first pick and will almost certainly go QB, it seems quite evident that Glennon can be had.

He's started 18 games in his first two seasons and has a 29-15 TD-INT mark. This is a young QB that has shown legit promise and has simply gotten dicked around by a clownshoes organization. With the Jets screwing themselves out of drafting a top QB prospect, why not bring in Glennon and have he and Geno in a legit competition? The best man wins. At worst, it's a stop gap measure for next year until we can find a real QB. At best, that real QB is Mike Glennon.

I was hoping we drafted Glennon in 2013 I liked him the best out of all the prospects. I would mind trying to pick him up, I think he has a lot of upside and didn't get a fair shot in Tampa.

...is Mike Glennon.

why use Geno and Competition in the same sentence ?

would offer them a 4th round pick as soon as they draft mariota. he is better than whatever we have. then we draft a qb in the 2nd or 3rd. we go into the season with a true competition between glennon, smith and whoever we drafted. this isn't a bad scenario.

we sign iupati and probably draft another o-lineman. we sign the best wr we can in free agency and draft another.

Geno: 25 TDs, 34 INTs

Glennon: 29 TDs, 15 INTs

Hmm

Not comparing to Geno cause we all know he sucked but as far as Glennon being a starting Qb

Tampa has won 4 games out of 20 with him starting

He didn't seem to improve much with the additions of Evens and Jenkins?

Anyhow who says Tampa would even trade even with Mariota?

Hmm

Not comparing to Geno cause we all know he sucked but as far as Glennon being a starting Qb

Tampa has won 4 games out of 20 with him starting

He didn't seem to improve much with the additions of Evens and Jenkins?

Anyhow who says Tampa would even trade even with Mariota?

Not sure where you got those numbers from. He is 5-13 as a starter. The team is 1-13 in games not started by Glennon.

...is Mike Glennon.

I'd sign up for this in a minute. Good idea. Potential is still there so while he doesnt seem like the outright answer at the moment, if you look at his 19 games collectively, the guy isn't as bad as people make him out to be. I'd pull the trigger on this guy, even give up a 4th/5th for him. 

Geno: 25 TDs, 34 INTs

Glennon: 29 TDs, 15 INTs

I really thought the answer was going to be the wing-t or some other offense that didn't require us to throw the ball.  

Glennon may very well be the best of the worst.   I think Matt Moore is a possibility too.   

The biggest issue with the lack of viable QBs is that it forces you to start the rookie even when you don't want to.   Bortles + Carr both had to start on bad teams b/c the veteran hold the fort guy was so atrocious. 

Why would you want an old, lady armed career backup over a 25 year old that has shown promise and has a cannon?

if he's shown promise, why was he sitting on the bench for the leagues worst team?  like i said, i'd bring him in and i've never not liked him, but i wouldn't trade anything to get him here.

if he's shown promise, why was he sitting on the bench for the leagues worst team? like i said, i'd bring him in and i've never not liked him, but i wouldn't trade anything to get him here.

Because that team is run by morons. There's a reason they are the league's worst team. They are 5-13 in games he starts; 1-13 when he doesn't.

...is Mike Glennon.

Really liked Glennon coming out...with no QB available at no. 6 and a horrible FA class, I'd love for them to add him.  

seriously? u want to compare who he was throwing to?

Last year Glennon had Vincent Jackson and not much else. Mike Evans just came this season, and he didn't get to play with him much.

Geno has Decker, Harvin, Kerley, Amaro this season and got worse. Last year, he didn't have much, but still more than Tampa.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. Glennon is way better than Geno.

Agree all this love for other teams scrubs is disturbing can't we just develop Geno Smith

If I keep reading this post and trying to figure out what the hell was going on in your head when you posted it, my brain will soon explode.

Who cares if he isnt the savior, he is an upgrade so you do it. Holding our for "the guy" and going all in on rookies with no backup plan hasnt exactly worked for this team. Spread the risk and diversify and have a real competition for once.

Rex is gone. People need to realize that Geno is at least 50% better just because of that. Anyone that did not watch him after he came off the bench and saw real potential is just hating for hating sake.

He did the same thing last year. That's why there was "promise" entering this season.

Maybe if we get a real QB, we can just start Geno in December.

Archived