The Answer to the Jets 2015 QB Problem...

The Troll

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...is Mike Glennon.

I said that Glennon would be the best QB in the weak 2013 draft class, and so far, that looks to be a pretty safe projection. But, he was not drafted by the current regime in Tampa. They signed a journeyman sh*t monster in Josh McCown after Glennon performed admirably after being thrust into the lineup as a rookie once Josh Freeman went full retard. Then, when McCown got hurt this year, Glennon showed that his rookie season was no fluke. Of course, they turned back to McCown because they are morons. Now that the Bucs hold the first pick and will almost certainly go QB, it seems quite evident that Glennon can be had.

He's started 18 games in his first two seasons and has a 29-15 TD-INT mark. This is a young QB that has shown legit promise and has simply gotten dicked around by a clownshoes organization. With the Jets screwing themselves out of drafting a top QB prospect, why not bring in Glennon and have he and Geno in a legit competition? The best man wins. At worst, it's a stop gap measure for next year until we can find a real QB. At best, that real QB is Mike Glennon.

Worth a look, but I wouldn't give up anything - like a draft pick - for him. Gotta find some serious competition for Geno Smith and Michael Vick isn't it.

Geno: 25 TDs, 34 INTs

Glennon: 29 TDs, 15 INTs

Look at the WR's Glennon had to work with. Stephen Hill and Nelson and all the other crap vs. Stephen Jackson last year and Mike Evans this year. Yes Geno had Decker for several games but still... Geno might even look good with those guys.

If Tampa is willing to part with Glennon for a 5th, I would do it.  I liked Glennon coming out of NC State.  Liked his resiliency in that comeback win against FSU.  Showed he had a cannon on the run with accuracy.

Geno made a few strides late.  The game against the Fish was the best game of his short career.  I dont know if it was due to Miami's horrendous pass D or if the light finally came on for Geno.  Time will tell.

I say if Glennon could be had cheap, do it for the sake of competition and possibly catch lightning in a bottle.

Look at the WR's Glennon had to work with. Stephen Hill and Nelson and all the other crap vs. Stephen Jackson last year and Mike Evans this year. Yes Geno had Decker for several games but still... Geno might even look good with those guys.

Stephen Jackson is an ancient, sh*tty RB that plays for the Falcons. Vincent Jackson is who you are referring to, and in 2013, he's ALL Glennon had. Glennon only started five games this year with Evans, and he was making scrubs like Louis Murphy look like legit NFL WRs.

Geno was throwing to Decker, Harvin, and Amaro this year. And, unlike Glennon, he had an actual running game. That's just not a valid argument. We have given Geno weapons.

I'm a fan Glennon. 6'7"... Come from behind win vs. steelers...half the INTs of Geno.

He's an upgrade over Geno, that's for sh*t sure.

Joe Willy wants to develop Geno and start a movement against marrone. Can someone talk to him, in private, after class. His opinions are preventing the rest of the class from learning.

Stephen Jackson is an ancient, sh*tty RB that plays for the Falcons. Vincent Jackson is who you are referring to, and in 2013, he's ALL Glennon had. Glennon only started five games this year with Evans, and he was making scrubs like Louis Murphy look like legit NFL WRs.

Geno was throwing to Decker, Harvin, and Amaro this year. And, unlike Glennon, he had an actual running game. That's just not a valid argument. We have given Geno weapons.

I don't want the Jets giving up a 3rd rd pick like you suggested in another thread for him. And what makes you think TB would trade him? Obviously McCown is not the answer.

I don't want the Jets giving up a 3rd rd pick like you suggested in another thread for him. And what makes you think TB would trade him? Obviously McCown is not the answer.

I'd be really surprised if Tampa doesn't take Mariota and have him sit a year behind McCown.

Glennon can be had. Hopefully cheaply.

I've never mentioned Glennon in another thread, nor have I mentioned the compensation I would give up for him (It's a 4th, by the way).

You are aware they have the first pick in the draft, no? They'll be looking for the answer there.

Rex is gone. People need to realize that Geno is at least 50% better just because of that. Anyone that did not watch him after he came off the bench and saw real potential is just hating for hating sake.

maybe another team believes this same nonsense and we can get a late round pick for him that we then trade for glennon......lol

...is Mike Glennon.

I said that Glennon would be the best QB in the weak 2013 draft class, and so far, that looks to be a pretty safe projection. But, he was not drafted by the current regime in Tampa. They signed a journeyman sh*t monster in Josh McCown after Glennon performed admirably after being thrust into the lineup as a rookie once Josh Freeman went full retard. Then, when McCown got hurt this year, Glennon showed that his rookie season was no fluke. Of course, they turned back to McCown because they are morons. Now that the Bucs hold the first pick and will almost certainly go QB, it seems quite evident that Glennon can be had.

He's started 18 games in his first two seasons and has a 29-15 TD-INT mark. This is a young QB that has shown legit promise and has simply gotten dicked around by a clownshoes organization. With the Jets screwing themselves out of drafting a top QB prospect, why not bring in Glennon and have he and Geno in a legit competition? The best man wins. At worst, it's a stop gap measure for next year until we can find a real QB. At best, that real QB is Mike Glennon.

Sign a QB draft a QB.  Glennon, Petty, Geno and Simms.  Let them fight it out for the top 3 spots.  I like that we're not dumping a ton of money into the QB position.   With this group and I think Glennon can be serviceable while the others develop.  With our cap situation this will allow us to sign some solid players in other positions of needs. CB, OLB, WR, OL.

I've never mentioned Glennon in another thread, nor have I mentioned the compensation I would give up for him (It's a 4th, by the way).

You are aware they have the first pick in the draft, no? They'll be looking for the answer there.

Why trade away a QB who shows promise and is making less that $1 mil through 2016? McCown scheduled to make $5.2 mil in 2015. If I were TB I would keep Glennon as insurance. He could be the starter in 2015 and let Marriota develop. Then trade him when his value should be much higher like what SF did with Alex Smith. Also what would ever cause TB to trade with the Jets after the whole Revis abomination??

I'd spend more time thinking of other possibilities than Glennon (unless you'd be willing to trade a 1st or 2nd round pick. Then, maybe TB would listen.

Are you willing to go that far? They drafted Glennon with an early 3rd

I really thought the answer was going to be the wing-t or some other offense that didn't require us to throw the ball.  

Glennon may very well be the best of the worst.   I think Matt Moore is a possibility too.   

The biggest issue with the lack of viable QBs is that it forces you to start the rookie even when you don't want to.   Bortles + Carr both had to start on bad teams b/c the veteran hold the fort guy was so atrocious. 

I agree on the Jets not starting a rookie.  Sign Glennon or Moore, draft Petty, find a guy in free agency, add Geno and Simms and let them all compete.  Pick the best 3.  Give the vet the edge on starting, sit the rest of the guys on the bench and see how they develop, fill the rest of the holes and see where you are.  The following year, draft another QB and do it again. 

Why trade away a QB who shows promise and is making less that $1 mil through 2016? McCown scheduled to make $5.2 mil in 2015. If I were TB I would keep Glennon as insurance. He could be the starter in 2015 and let Marriota develop. Then trade him when his value should be much higher like what SF did with Alex Smith. Also what would ever cause TB to trade with the Jets after the whole Revis abomination??

I'd spend more time thinking of other possibilities than Glennon (unless you'd be willing to trade a 1st or 2nd round pick. Then, maybe TB would listen.

Are you willing to go that far? They drafted Glennon with an early 3rd

THEY (the Bucs current regime) did not draft Glennon at all. What they did do is sign McCown to replace him, keep McCown as starter after Glennon outperformed him in preseason, and then went back to McCown after he healed from injury, despite Glennon leading them to a come from behind win over Pittsburgh.

Why are you even arguing about this? Your posts in this thread have shown that you are completely clueless about the Bucs and their QB situation. Use Google or ask Siri.

Dude you're talking about who Geno was throwing to this year and comparing him to what Glennon had last year, what did Geno have last year? A pile of sh*t. Vincent Jackson was better than anyone the jets had for geno had last year, with a better o line than geno had. As far as this year goes, Amaro was a rookie, really wasn't a consistent weapon until much later in the season, and if you want to say Glennon didn't really have mike Evans than you have to say Geno had Harvin much less, I mean Geno was benched the game we had Harvin and didn't start for the next few weeks and then Harvin got hurt. So that argument isn't really valid, I agree we need a stop gap but is glennon such a better option than just sticking with Geno? I don't think so

Dude you're talking about who Geno was throwing to this year and comparing him to what Glennon had last year, what did Geno have last year? A pile of sh*t. Vincent Jackson was better than anyone the jets had for geno had last year, with a better o line than geno had. As far as this year goes, Amaro was a rookie, really wasn't a consistent weapon until much later in the season, and if you want to say Glennon didn't really have mike Evans than you have to say Geno had Harvin much less, I mean Geno was benched the game we had Harvin and didn't start for the next few weeks and then Harvin got hurt. So that argument isn't really valid, I agree we need a stop gap but is glennon such a better option than just sticking with Geno? I don't think so

Do you honestly think if Geno had the same weapons he would have a 2:1 TD/INT ratio?

Glennon to the Jets isn't so crazy. The more I think about it, Mariota is just too overvalued. I'm not referring to his long term upside, I mean what it will take for us to land him. Unless he goes to Philly he needs to sit for at least the first 8 games of his rookie season. He's not a plug and play QB, and I can't see trading up to land a guy who needs to be developed.

The new HC and OC need to be in place before any hardcore speculation. But I will say this... With a new front office and coaching staff, and a contract where he can be dumped at anytime I think Geno may emerge as a good QB.

I never wanted Geno, and I have seen exactly what he was in college, an inconsistent, over confident waste of space. But I do think he has the phisical skills and I don't think he's dumb. He knows he's on his way to a 2 or 3 year career as a back up and then out of the league.... IF he doesn't apply himself and fight for the starting job.

I think there's about a 10% chance he makes the commitment nessasary to turn around his career, but not 0%. I'd sign up for a true open comp between Geno, Glennon, Simms and a mid round rookie. It's not like we are winning the SB next year anyway, let's see if one of these guys emerges.

If Mike Glennon is the answer, then what is the question?

Ha ha!

Why would you want an old, lady armed career backup over a 25 year old that has shown promise and has a cannon?

Lady Armed!!!!!!!!!! LMAO

i'd bring him in, wouldn't trade for him though.  Shaun Hill would probably be my first option.

Discussing bringing in Hill is senseless. Maybe the Jets or any other NFL team will sign him for depth but he's not competing for a starting job, and that's what this discussion is about. Next you'll reccomend a good 3rd string RB.

...is Mike Glennon.

Could not agree with you more.

Trade a pick to Tampa for Glennon after they draft Winston or Mariota.

Glennon is ok. But he is not "the answer". Your not going anywhere with mike glennon at qb.

The kid can play and has gotten a raw-ass deal in Tampa.  Schiano got himself fired and the new coach Lovie Smith was dumb enough to think Josh McCown was an upgrade.  Glennon can play he's the only qb that's available that would actually be an upgrade over Geno.

THEY (the Bucs current regime) did not draft Glennon at all. What they did do is sign McCown to replace him, keep McCown as starter after Glennon outperformed him in preseason, and then went back to McCown after he healed from injury, despite Glennon leading them to a come from behind win over Pittsburgh.

Why are you even arguing about this? Your posts in this thread have shown that you are completely clueless about the Bucs and their QB situation. Use Google or ask Siri.

If I'm clueless then you are naïve. Teams don't just give up on young QB's after 2 years. I would not be surprised at all to see TB trade out of the #1 pick. Is Lovie willing to change the entre offensive system to accommodate

Marriota? Perhaps he will, but again I say what makes you think that the Bucs would jump at trading Glennon for a 4th round pick. Maybe we should wait and see who our GM is 1st.

Archived