The Answer to the Jets 2015 QB Problem...

The Troll

Glennon was 1-5 this year and 4-9 last year. He is as much of a winner/loser as Geno. Giving up a 4th rounder for a QB that was taken in the 3rd and isn't wanted by the team that drafted him is too high of a price. We shouldn't be in the business of stockpiling QBs that are simply "better than Geno."

Shouldnt "Better than Geno" be the only buisness we're in?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...is Mike Glennon.

I said that Glennon would be the best QB in the weak 2013 draft class, and so far, that looks to be a pretty safe projection. But, he was not drafted by the current regime in Tampa. They signed a journeyman sh*t monster in Josh McCown after Glennon performed admirably after being thrust into the lineup as a rookie once Josh Freeman went full retard. Then, when McCown got hurt this year, Glennon showed that his rookie season was no fluke. Of course, they turned back to McCown because they are morons. Now that the Bucs hold the first pick and will almost certainly go QB, it seems quite evident that Glennon can be had.

He's started 18 games in his first two seasons and has a 29-15 TD-INT mark. This is a young QB that has shown legit promise and has simply gotten dicked around by a clownshoes organization. With the Jets screwing themselves out of drafting a top QB prospect, why not bring in Glennon and have he and Geno in a legit competition? The best man wins. At worst, it's a stop gap measure for next year until we can find a real QB. At best, that real QB is Mike Glennon.

Competition? Geno vs. Glennon.  Now that's funny. Geno couldn't hold Glennon's bags.  Geno would curse out the organization and  coaching staff if Glennon were traded for.  Make it happen Troll. 

I would definitely be on board with sending a 4th or 5th rounder for Glennon.  He reminds me a little of Flacco in that he is tall, pocket passer with a very strong arm.  With the right QB coach and OC he could become a top QB for somebody.   If not, his salary is less than Genos so we could cut them both a year from now if necessary without much of a cap hit.  That said, I am looking forward to see if Geno can take another step in his development; as much as we love to hate on him, he played much better the last month of the season and finally seemed to develop some chemistry with Decker and Amaro.  If we can add a few more weapons (Cooper, Parker, White etc.) and strengthen the OL he might just surpise some people.  If he gets beat out in camp by Glennon or someone else, so be it. 

...is Mike Glennon.

I said that Glennon would be the best QB in the weak 2013 draft class, and so far, that looks to be a pretty safe projection. But, he was not drafted by the current regime in Tampa. They signed a journeyman sh*t monster in Josh McCown after Glennon performed admirably after being thrust into the lineup as a rookie once Josh Freeman went full retard. Then, when McCown got hurt this year, Glennon showed that his rookie season was no fluke. Of course, they turned back to McCown because they are morons. Now that the Bucs hold the first pick and will almost certainly go QB, it seems quite evident that Glennon can be had.

He's started 18 games in his first two seasons and has a 29-15 TD-INT mark. This is a young QB that has shown legit promise and has simply gotten dicked around by a clownshoes organization. With the Jets screwing themselves out of drafting a top QB prospect, why not bring in Glennon and have he and Geno in a legit competition? The best man wins. At worst, it's a stop gap measure for next year until we can find a real QB. At best, that real QB is Mike Glennon.

The answer?  I dont know if I'd got that far, but I think the kid has some promise and is definitely worth a look.

Anyone know why they went back to McCown?  Cant remember how that all went down.

Archived