Bowles

NCJETSFAN

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Want to know the difference between Bowles and Quinn? Russell Wilson and the 12th man! That's it. If Arizona had Wilson and that Stadium Bowles would be the Hot candidate.

Interesting point.  I truly don't know enough about either one of them; I just pray that Woody or Mcwhateverhisfreakingnameis gets it right this time!

@mikejurecki: Hearing things could be heating up with Todd Bowles and #NYJets. Bowles has been reaching out to potential staff members. #Jets

STRIKE! Jets 'Bowle' a strike as they land the best head coaching candidate in the last decade.

How's that?

I've like Bowles since all the names came out for potential head coach.  I think we are good if we get him or Quinn.  The OC is a big deal obviously and maybe our new GM  and our "advisers" will suggest to our new HC who they should try and hire.   

Is there any concern with anyone that Bowles at 51 years old is kinda late to get your first HC job?

Most of the "young" exciting prospects seems to move up the ranks more quickly.

I'm not saying he's a bad coach just a thought though

Young head coaches are a new thing within the last 15 years or so. Prior to that 50 was the floor for a head coach. Besides, look at his coach Bruce ariens, that guy should have got an interview years ago it ends up but he never did.

Is there any concern with anyone that Bowles at 51 years old is kinda late to get your first HC job?

Most of the "young" exciting prospects seems to move up the ranks more quickly.

I'm not saying he's a bad coach just a thought though

Hey, I just turned 57.He's just a pup! 

Seems to me that B is a bit more flexible and has proven to manage even with key players on the sideline while Q has the stars in place (and did pretty well...). It also seems like we would have to make a few more adjustments with Q´s D than with B¨s. But that is only after reading short pieces about them. Some of you probably know a lot more about that.

Just reflected on it since Q seems to be the favorite of the two for most guys. I am starting to lean towards Bowles. Worst case scenario would be to let Bowles travel to Atlanta and sign there whilst Quinn and Fox prefers Denver/Bears and we are left with the the Marones of the world.

How is that "late" if you had a career as an NFL player?

Plenty of former players become HC's at an earlier age.

51 certainly isn't old and guys like Arians are very good examples of successes. Just of late most 1st time HC's are younger and I wonder if there's a reason he hasn't moved up the ladder sooner

Because i'm a loser I'm watching Bowles interviews on Youtube and, like Rex, he is very very likeable.  Unlike Rex, he is very soft spoken / mild mannered and gives thoughtful answers.  Seems like a country bumpkin (from Jersey?)

Thanks for the heads up. Just watched a few myself. Seems like a no excuse kind of guy. I would be very happy if the Jets hire him.

Just posted this in the other Bowles thread, but I thought putting it here would be appropriate due to me not knowing who the hell is reading what.  This is a good comment about Bowles.

New York's tortured fan base should feel good about the prospect of landing Bowles. All year long, the Cardinals defensive play-caller squeezed the most out of his roster, overcoming a laundry list of injuries -- and Daryl Washington's year-long suspension -- to help forge a playoff campaign in Arizona.

"The guy is special," one NFL coach told ESPN's Vaughn McClure. "People just don't understand, they don't make them like that anymore."

I would prefer Bowles to Quinn.

The Arizona defense was my biggest surprise of this past season. They lost Dockett, Dansby, Washington, Abraham. Campbell was hurt for a couple of weeks and their superstar CB looked sub-par for half the season. They even had last year's pinata Cromartie at CB, and a bad offense.  Yet, they played really well for most of the year. You have to give Bowles credit. 

Of course that doesn't mean that he would be a good head coach, but it was impressive nonetheless. 

Archived