Balanced Article by Costello, including a swipe at Mehta (merged)

Bruce Harper

Jets fans are a bunch of negative nancies. So they love reading articles that sh!t on the jets. so the writers write sh!t to see what will stick. and it will be reacted to either way because we're New Yorkers and we dont know how not to share our opinion.

Stop seeing the Jets writers as media, and view them like Francesa.. as entertainment who's job is to stir the pot to get a reaction good or bad. You want to get rid of these hacks? Stop following them on twitter. stop reading their articles. and stop talking about their garbage articles.

Actually, all of the national media outlets (NFL Network, ESPN, FS1,...etc) take the Daily News and Mehta's nonsense seriously and attribute it to the "Circus" descriptions of our team., while most of the circus crap going on is Mehta and his fabricated crap....Those National sports networks want ratings also, so they love it. Mehta wants their attention, he could care less if Jet fans read his stuff.

Actually, all of the national media outlets (NFL Network, ESPN, FS1,...etc) take the Daily News and Mehta's nonsense seriously and attribute it to the "Circus" descriptions of our team., while most of the circus crap going on is Mehta and his fabricated crap....Those National sports networks want ratings also, so they love it. Mehta wants their attention, he could care less if Jet fans read his stuff.

Agreed, profootballtalk posts Mehtas articles routinely and that's a national site..they post fabricated Mehta crap and most people assume it's real, not realizing the agendas going on in NY.

I guess the little cockroach can land a spot on FAN since he seems to have become the go to guy for Benigno, the worst alleged Jet "fan" on the planet. Mehta will be a fine addition and he can help Joe the Schmuck wallow in the misery that has become his radio schtick and signature

I guess the little cockroach can land a spot on FAN since he seems to have become the go to guy for Benigno, the worst alleged Jet "fan" on the planet. Mehta will be a fine addition and he can help Joe the Schmuck wallow in the misery that has become his radio schtick and signature

Wow, I didnt know Benigno puts this guy on the air and falls for his BS...What a complete idiot.

I'm happy to say I don't listen to FAN

I have no interest in Marrone as coach. It has nothing to do with Mehta.

If Marrone was so wonderful, wouldn't the new owner in BUF give him an extension if he was upset just to keep stability? The owner couldn't get rid of him fast enough.

If Marrone was so wonderful, wouldn't the new owner in BUF give him an extension if he was upset just to keep stability? The owner couldn't get rid of him fast enough.

Thats interesting since some of the articles I read portrayed the team in shock.  They were even going to get one of the big consultants Piloi? to come in but he decided not too cause Marrone left.

Maybe their new owner is a moron...see D Snyder, M Davis, J Jones, S Ross and often our very own W Johnson for examples.

Look how well his other sports venture the Buffalo Sabres

Maybe by Buffalo standards he is a genius. Their former owner, the Detroit used car guy was the one who agreed to sign that 4 million opt out with full pay clause in the HC contract

Agreed, profootballtalk posts Mehtas articles routinely and that's a national site..they post fabricated Mehta crap and most people assume it's real, not realizing the agendas going on in NY.

Pretty sure they realize the agendas, but don't give a sh*t, because for most sh*tty marketing professionals all they think matters is clicks. Not content quality.

Doing the work I do, it's far more beneficial to your long-term business to serve great content in great experiences to a relevant audience, not just serving click-bait for high volume. The whole model that online publications like PFT live by shows a fundamental misunderstanding of analytics.

I actually read that the owner thought they were going to be working towards an extension. Not sure what to believe anymore.

That's why I like Costello.  I can't stand Manish (obviously), and Cimini pisses me off from time to time, but there are some good ones out there, Costello being one of them.

Let's not leave Steve 'Jets hater' Serby out of this conversation. Mehta, Cimini and Serby should start a club, since they all wave the same Jets hater banner.

Let's not leave Steve 'Jets hater' Serby out of this conversation. Mehta, Cimini and Serby should start a club, since they all wave the same Jets hater banner.

This Steve Serby.....??

http://nypost.com/2015/01/01/why-bronxs-doug-marrone-would-be-a-perfect-fit-for-the-jets/

You can take the boy out of The Bronx, but you can’t take The Bronx out of the boy, and the Jets should go get Doug Marrone, the former head coach of the Bills and one of their own once, to succeed Rex Ryan.

Marrone is a tough, fearless, blue-collar football guy with nerve who has a chance to be a young Tom Coughlin, and not only because they share a connection with Syracuse University.

“Marrone is a spitting image of him,” Giants rookie defensive tackle Jay Bromley, who played at Syracuse under Marrone, told NJ.com over the summer. “There are a bunch of rules and stuff, but you don’t pay any attention to it. If you do the right things, you don’t ever run across anything where you are doing anything wrong.”

Marrone, with uncertainty surrounding new Bills owner Terry Pegula, opted out of his contract on New Year’s Eve, and the wheels began turning immediately inside the Atlantic Health Jets Training Center.

Hiring a head coach before a general manager isn’t the ideal way to go — unless you believe you have the right head coach (Pete Carroll/John Schneider, Andy Reid/John Dorsey).

Marrone not only knows the AFC East, he has proven to be a no-nonsense disciplinarian who isn’t afraid to make the tough decisions.

Unlike Ryan, who would not — or could not — bench Geno Smith early enough, Marrone yanked EJ Manuel after only four games and nearly made the playoffs with journeyman Kyle Orton, who just retired. And Manuel was the Bills’ No. 1 draft pick in 2013, ahead of Smith, the Jets’ second-round pick.

Marrone’s strong leadership during the blizzard that crippled Buffalo and forced the postponed Jets-Bills game to move to Detroit on a Monday night was exemplary.

When the Giants and Bills met in the Hall of Fame game, Marrone gushed about his admiration for Coughlin.

“He helped me out quite a bit when I was the head coach at Syracuse,” Marrone said. “We’ve always had a good relationship, and I think the common denominator is that we both went to school there, and we’re in this profession together.

“I have a lot of respect for him. I’ve always followed him, always admired the work that he’s done, and like I said before, we used to meet once a year. I’d go and talk to him and he helped me out quite a bit.”

When Marrone was hired by then-GM Buddy Nix, former Jets center Kevin Mawae, who played when Marrone was Jets offensive line coach under Herm Edwards from 2002 to 2006, gave the Buffalo News a glowing recommendation.

“I’ve had four great offensive line coaches, and he’s definitely one of them,” Mawae said. “Buffalo’s lucky to have him. The one thing I always appreciated about Doug is he played the game. He played in college at a high level, played in the NFL. That gave him a perspective that a lot of times coaches don’t have. Players appreciate that.”

Marrone built Saints coach Sean Payton’s Super Bowl champion offensive line. “To be close to him and see what he went through as a head coach was obviously very helpful,” Marrone told SI.com.

Marrone always has been indebted to his coach at Syracuse, Dick MacPherson.

“Doug is a good coach,” Coughlin said in an interview not long after the Bills hired Marrone. “We’ve watched him closely when he was at Syracuse. He’s very serious, very smart. Syracuse is going to miss Doug Marrone, no doubt.”

So are the Bills.

The press conferences won’t be anywhere near as entertaining as Ryan’s. Marrone, secretive with injuries, is all football, all the time. Has been from Lehman High School, to watering the football fields at SUNY Cortland when he was tight ends coach, all the way to now. And that’s not a bad thing at all.

Pretty sure they realize the agendas, but don't give a sh*t, because for most sh*tty marketing professionals all they think matters is clicks. Not content quality.

Doing the work I do, it's far more beneficial to your long-term business to serve great content in great experiences to a relevant audience, not just serving click-bait for high volume. The whole model that online publications like PFT live by shows a fundamental misunderstanding of analytics.

I agree with this.  Even a bit of homerism isn't the worse thing in the world for building good will.  Back when I used to listen to Francesa, for example, when Parcells was with the Jets, I was much more likely to listen when they weren't negative and actually boosted the team.  I never understood just crapping on everything the Jets do like Manish (and often Cimini) do.  It may get a lot of retweets but it would really surprise me if it sells more papers in the long run. 

Person with knowledge of the situation says Doug Marrone did not cry at the end of "Brian's Song" and has never seen "Goodfellas." #NYJ

0 replies 2 retweets 1 favorite

Person close to Doug Marrone tells me: "He's kind of smelly." #NYJ

0 replies 1 retweet 2 favorites

Source: Doug Marrone clubs baby seals, kicks three-legged puppies, and is the anti-Christ. #NYJ

Archived