Mort: Dan Quinn the favorite; Marrone "not much of a chance"

T0mShane

Yeah, John Harbaugh's case is classic...for an organization that has some pretty good talent evaluators in administration like Ozzie.

But you'd have to say he was the exception to the rule, and they surrounded him with NFL vets as coordinators with Rex and Cameron.

Maybe the Jets convince MM to stay and the new GM finds him a serviceable QB and Quinn works out well...stranger things have happened.

You can't be serious.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What does this have to do with Dan Quinn?

Nothing. It has to do with YOU being a bovaristic bag of vomit. 

I meant as an OC.

See, we still agree! Who wants a mouth hug?!

Sorry, this thread is mostly unreadable. 

Haven't thought about Kyle as our OC yet but I'll keep your record unblemished for now. 

Research has shown that banned posters usually come back with a vengeance posting with a 57.4% higher frequency after a short ban.

It's my experience that arguments are 88.7% more effective when you use fake statistics to prove your point.

I like Quinn, too. Only problem I see is waiting for the Seahawks to win the Super Bowl to hire him. Gonna make it more difficult to put together a staff if the Jets are the last team to sign their head coach.

I thought the only problem would be hiring a GM to see if he wants Quinn in the first place. The Jets are f'ing this up, either that or Quinn will be hiring his boss as well so its all good. 

Nothing. It has to do with YOU being a bovaristic bag of vomit. 

Bovaristic bag of vomit that proves you wrong.

So, you only came into the thread to call me names? Not even in the context of good fun or discussion, just flat out insults? Major style points to you buddy. Tell you what, go dig deeper into the thesaurus and see what else you can come up with.

I thought the only problem would be hiring a GM to see if he wants Quinn in the first place. The Jets are f'ing this up, either that or Quinn will be hiring his boss as well so its all good.

Yes, this is a concern. It's always been my preference that the team hire a solid GM, and let that GM hire his own man as a head coach. It does now look like Casserly and Wolf have their head coaching favorites, and may be weighing their GM candidates based on those preferences. If they put two guys together who want to work together, it'll at least be better than what we had the last two years, with the two men clearly having differing goals.

If the Seahawks make it to the Super Bowl, and Quinn is their guy, at least the Jets will be hiring their GM first. I could see them hiring their head coach first, though, once other vacancies start getting filled.

Bovaristic bag of vomit that proves you wrong.

So, you only came into the thread to call me names? Not even in the context of good fun or discussion, just flat out insults? Major style points to you buddy. Tell you what, go dig deeper into the thesaurus and see what else you can come up with.

1. You don't know what spin is yet you use it all the time.

2. You had no clue what hypocrisy was in our other discussion about Marrone. All your points were absurd, I must add. 

You think by barking the most and barking the loudest and getting the last bark in makes you right.

But you're WRONG ... once again. 

Yes, this is a concern. It's always been my preference that the team hire a solid GM, and let that GM hire his own man as a head coach. It does now look like Casserly and Wolf have their head coaching favorites, and may be weighing their GM candidates based on those preferences. If they put two guys together who want to work together, it'll at least be better than what we had the last two years, with the two men clearly having differing goals.

If the Seahawks make it to the Super Bowl, and Quinn is their guy, at least the Jets will be hiring their GM first. I could see them hiring their head coach first, though, once other vacancies start getting filled.

I just want these guys to succeed already. I really dont want this to be a "wide open" competition for the AFC east title only after Brady retires. Having to play such a team twice a year is supposed to make us better, grow off of things like that, similar to what Arizona did. Instead the Jets are going 1-5 in their division getting blown out twice by a Bills team who weren't as good as those scores would indicate. 

Im really concerned Slats, and I dont know what to do or say. Im worried about the forum and what a bad decision may do to this place!  :smilies2_puke: Please help me! 

Would prefer Glennon or Daniel, in that order. I guess Cousins would be superior to options like Hoyer, Locker, or Ponder. Still, of the three young guys that might develop into something, I'd place Cousins a distant third on the totem pole.

Kirk Cousins and Brian Hoyer are warm garbage. If the next regime gives Brian Hoyer a 4-year deal to come here we know we're in for crap the next 3-4 seasons until they're all fired

1. You don't know what spin is yet you use it all the time.

2. You had no clue what hypocrisy was in our other discussion about Marrone. All your points were absurd, I must add. 

You think by barking the most and barking the loudest and getting the last bark in makes you right.

But you're WRONG ... once again. 

Okay, well now that we all know what my character flaws are, perhaps you can find a way to put a sock in it?

Kirk Cousins and Brian Hoyer are warm garbage. If the next regime gives Brian Hoyer a 4-year deal to come here we know we're in for crap the next 3-4 seasons until they're all fired

I don't think there is a person on Earth that isn't a blood relative of Hoyer that would give him a 4 year deal.

I don't think there is a person on Earth that isn't a blood relative of Hoyer that would give him a 4 year deal.

Why not? The only thing that matters is the SB and his salary. You would give him 4 years at 2mill each but you won't give him 4 years at 10mill. What do you want him to have a decent year then be on a one year deal and be able to leave?  He would like and the jets would be served well to give him something like a 3 year deal @  3 mill per  and $100,000 for every game started and a 2mill roster bonus at the start of the 2nd and 3rd year.

This gives him at max a 3 year 20 mill and the ability for the jets to cut him at the end of the year with no hit and at less money than what they paid Vick. A Pay for performance deal.

Why not? The only thing that matters is the SB and his salary. You would give him 4 years at 2mill each but you won't give him 4 years at 10mill. What do you want him to have a decent year then be on a one year deal and be able to leave? He would like and the jets would be served well to give him something like a 3 year deal @ 3 mill per and $100,000 for every game started and a 2mill roster bonus at the start of the 2nd and 3rd year.

This gives him at max a 3 year 20 mill and the ability for the jets to cut him at the end of the year with no hit and at less money than what they paid Vick. A Pay for performance deal.

I wouldn't give him a one year contract because he sucks at football.

Why would a four year deal even be necessary to procure his services? Hoyer is at most getting two years from wherever he signs. He's just a warm body.

Quinn is supposedly the hottest candidate in the league right now. Even if he's the favorite, how confident are we that he's going to choose the Jets if offered multiple jobs?

raiders - it's the raiders

niners - might want to make a clean break for the division and the close rivals

bears - the cutler contract and unsettled gm situation is the same, less D talent then NYJ

falcons - Matt Ryan is a huge draw, but the new power structure in Atl looks very weird

Bills - great d peices in place, but not that much diff then jets, new onwer, no #1 pick this year, unsettled qb

nothing jumps off the page, other than Matt Ryan, but Atl is no sure thing with its power structure issues. 

Who knows, maybe woody is impressing some of these guys :confused0082: :confused0082: :confused0082: :confused0082: :confused0082:

jets have a high pick, plenty of cap space, a good d-core, and could be a homecoming to some of these guys...

Quinn is supposedly the hottest candidate in the league right now. Even if he's the favorite, how confident are we that he's going to choose the Jets if offered multiple jobs?

Who is going to be the GM? How much power is a team going to give him over the roster? Is he going to have control of his staff.  The team that gives him the most power and has a GM that he can work with will get him.  

I wouldn't give him a one year contract because he sucks at football.

Why would a four year deal even be necessary to procure his services? Hoyer is at most getting two years from wherever he signs. He's just a warm body.

I am not arguing whether the jets or Hoyer are a good match, or if hoyer is a good QB, but only if the jets do persue him a longer team deal that is heavily incentive laden is the way to go. If you recall Him being on a year deal in Cleveland was giving the tea some angst when they were 7-4 at turkey day.

Archived