Thank you Michael Kay and Don La Greca

stugotz81

Did anybody catch Mehta just on with Michael Kay and Don La Greca? They just did a really good job showing how idiotic he is with his dumb articles killing Marrone for no real reason.  If anybody can post the link to that portion of the show I'm sure a lot of Mehta haters will love it.  They were pretty relentless on him at some points during the conversation....definitely a good listen

Edit by Max:  Here is a link with the video embedded:  http://www.jetnation.com/2015/01/07/manish-mehta-interview-on-the-michael-kay-show/

But the bigger picture is they gave him yet another platform to spread his BS. So who really wins here? 

I win because it was extremely joyful for me to hear Mehta tripping over his own words and trying to make himself not seem like the miserable troll he is. Kay and Don did a good job here.  

Edit: And to add- Noo, he was not given a platform to spread his BS....he was basically being taken out to the woodshed for all of his BS articles of late.....I think I even heard Kay make a jab about his so called sources too.

I win because it was extremely joyful for me to hear Mehta tripping over his own words and trying to make himself not seem like the miserable troll he is. Kay and Don did a good job here.

Edit: And to add- Noo, he was not given a platform to spread his BS....he was basically being taken out to the woodshed for all of his BS articles of late.....I think I even heard Kay make a jab about his so called sources too.

I agree with you Stu , the only platform there was the one Mehta was being bludgeoned with...kaye went on for awhile after the interview also calling Mehta a joke and a disgrace

I agree with you Stu , the only platform there was the one Mehta was being bludgeoned with...kaye went on for awhile after the interview also calling Mehta a joke and a disgrace

Wonder if Kay will say the same about Lupica, who has been just as harsh and unfair toward Marrone? 

Wonder if Kay will say the same about Lupica, who has been just as harsh and unfair toward Marrone?

Good point I agree with you , I think Kaye's point was that Mehta and his " sources " were a farce..that he was on a witch hunt for a personal vendetta...lupica columns as much as I can't stand lupica are opinion...but in theory I agree with your point

Good point I agree with you , I think Kaye's point was that Mehta and his " sources " were a farce..that he was on a witch hunt for a personal vendetta...lupica columns as much as I can't stand lupica are opinion...but in theory I agree with your point

Good post, I agree with you, too. Lupica is more of an "editorial" guy, where Mehta is a reporter. The problem today with the media in general, and not just sports, is that nobody just reports the story anymore,but feels that they have to editorialize. But that's a topic for another thread.

Did anybody catch Mehta just on with Michael Kay and Don La Greca? They just did a really good job showing how idiotic he is with his dumb articles killing Marrone for no real reason.  If anybody can post the link to that portion of the show I'm sure a lot of Mehta haters will love it.  They were pretty relentless on him at some points during the conversation....definitely a good listen

I dont listen to sports radio.  Its all crap.  I get my fill of crap, commercial free, right here on JN.

UnitedWhofans, on 06 Jan 2015 - 6:20 PM, said:

I mean Mehta has become a laughingstock of reporters. Olbermann fried him last year. Now everybody is ganging up on him and his paper

I heard this hideous interview. Mehta sounds just like a yuppie 19 year old twitter/facebook smart phone spoiled brat BMW driving little c&cks&cker. He has no basis in fact for anything he said about Marrone and was undressed on the NY airwaves this afternoon.

I thought I did hear Kay mention Lupica as well.....something to the nature of what is with you, Lupica, and the NYDN with this vendetta or whatever against Marrone. All Mehta could do is give a very uncomfortable chuckle after Kays question.  Not sure if Mehta was expecting this from Kay today.  I sure wasn't.  

I was loving every minute of it, especially with Kay and La Greca mentioned how Mawae, Wolf, Polian and Casserly all went on the record praising Marrone as a coach vs. some dipsh*t assistant coach he fired, with an axe to grind.  It made Mehta look even more rediculous. 

The guy has ZERO credibility and basically made a fool of himself. 

Lupica his his own gig on ESPN., so probably not.  Nobody takes Lupica seriously anyway. 

I always pictured ESPN NY as a kind of family, maybe a mob family, but a mob family where no one can fire their guns straight and everyone's just running around, bouncing off the padded walls in ESPN NY headquarters.

sucks that Lupica's hours have to go up against Jim Rome's

Some people have a face for Radio.  Lupica has a voice for Newspaper.

Don LaGreca would bitch at you for saying Bin Laden was a bad guy.  He has his nose up everyone's butt.  I wouldn't put much weight behind him defending anyone, even if it is against Mehta.

I dont like mehta (he is a hack and a terrible writer) but I am glad that some are pointing out how stupid it would be to bring in Marone-guy has been a loser at each of his jobs and is not well liked by many. 

We got rid of Rex to IMPROVE the team-

Kay was just protecting his buddy-he seemed like a clown doing it-he was mad that the News in particular was  bashing his buddy(only printing negative) but his buddy deserves to be bashed-he has a LOSING record with no postseason success and has a rep for not being liked.   As Parcells says,  you are what your record says you are.

Kay says they were good friends from 12-25 but that they really don't keep in contact anymore.  

so they were friends for 13 years and good ones at that so Kay should shut his mouth as he is not unbiased -everything said is true-he has a losing record and no history of winning in the post season-I think this franchise has enough history with losers.  

Archived