Rex Ryan InterviewThread (merged)

BallinPB

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, Arthur Blank puts a bullet into Dimitroff's neck and makes him the cap guy, then elevates Pioli to be the personnel guy, which likely means that they neutered Dimitroff in order to bring in Rex, who will effectively be running the team.

Is that it? You're back tracking already?

Lol

So, Arthur Blank puts a bullet into Dimitroff's neck and makes him the cap guy, then elevates Pioli to be the personnel guy, which likely means that they neutered Dimitroff in order to bring in Rex, who will effectively be running the team.

Tom did this really happen? Just got home from work can't find it anywhere

Tom did this really happen? Just got home from work can't find it anywhere

There's clarification now. It was originally reported that Dimitroff had been pushed off to be the cap guy, with Pioli taking the personnel reins. That was Florio. Now the more credible media have chimed in and said that while Pioli is taking a "bigger role" in personnel matters (assuming that means he's managing the scouting dept), Dimitroff still has final say over the roster. In short, Dimitroff gets to keep his job and power, but Blank is taking a more active role as it relates to his coaches. The bottom line is that it seems that Blank is clearing the way to hire Rex while the personnel department (Pioli and Dimitroff) shuts their mouth and worries about the roster. That franchise is doomed.

There's clarification now. It was originally reported that Dimitroff had been pushed off to be the cap guy, with Pioli taking the personnel reins. That was Florio. Now the more credible media have chimed in and said that while Pioli is taking a "bigger role" in personnel matters (assuming that means he's managing the scouting dept), Dimitroff still has final say over the roster. In short, Dimitroff gets to keep his job and power, but Blank is taking a more active role as it relates to his coaches. The bottom line is that it seems that Blank is clearing the way to hire Rex while the personnel department (Pioli and Dimitroff) shuts their mouth and worries about the roster. That franchise is doomed.

Jeez...thanks for the info, imo if Blank hires him they don't even get the obligatory 9-7 , 10-6 first year that Herm got with vermiels team or kotite got with buddy's team...that thing goes straight 95 jets from year one.

Jeez...thanks for the info, imo if Blank hires him they don't even get the obligatory 9-7 , 10-6 first year that Herm got with vermiels team or kotite got with buddy's team...that thing goes straight 95 jets from year one.

I think that team will love the frat-house mentality early on and everything will look awesome, but then (as with all players' coaches) they'll start walking all over him soon enough. Atlanta has an ignorant sh*t fanbase, though, so it'll take them five years to figure out they've been had.

Sanchez's first year 12 TD 20 INT.  Are those number mean anything to you ape?  Are you telling me that any coach could have come in here and take this team to two afcc with those numbers? Tell me about the team that Tanny built. What was that special?  Who did we had on defense? Pouha, Devito, Douglas.  Was Revis the same player under Mangini defensive scheme? Why was that defense ranked in the mid 20 the previous year

Partly because Rex loves to run the ball which chews up the clock and keeps opposing offenses off the field and in turn their yardage down. 

Watch out pal. DRJERK loves to whine about being attacked and then go crying to the mods...his basic MO

I know what he's doing, thank you.

I encourage him to go crying to the mods, maybe they can make it clear to him that he disrupted a civilized discussion with out-of-context Rex defenses when nobody was actually disparaging Rex.

Then they can make it clear to him that he needs a thicker skin, because if he's going to intentionally force unrelated arguments into a non-argumentative conversation, then he's going to appear present himself as either stupid or intentionally making trouble, and he should expected to be called either or both. 

Rex could have his choice of BUF or ATL 

When Rex gets 2 job offers, then we can have this conversation. I fully expect him to get at least one offer.  Hell, Mangini got a job immediately after we fired him. You never know what the ego of a multi-milionaire is going to fancy at any given time.

Someone has to explain how after the offense doing  a no show in what amounted to a playoff game in week 17 bringing in a guy who on Day 1 will have almost nothing to do with the offense will turn things around. Good luck with that. 

Dimitrioff and Piloli will be out of there within a season, if RYan doesn't manage to shoot himself in the foot first. If you look at the control freak regime Pioli ran in KC, this is like throwing gasoline on a dumpster fire.

By the way, chalk up Thomas Dimitroff as yet another GM whose career Rex has ruined. In record time, too.

Dimitroff doesn't need any help ruining his career, he did a great job himself with his lousy drafting and free agent signings / non-signings.

I literally had just acknowledged Rex's accomplishments while making a completely different point, but yeah, you reminded me and totes struck a nerve.

You aren't intelligent enough to strike a nerve with me. I hope you report it to a mod, then get told to GFY.

Seriously?

#1 he didn't report anything

#2 he isnt the one launching personal attacks here

#3 there's no need for that kind of stuff here so knock it off

Seriously?

He would have if I didn't make that post. I asked him what "special kind of stupid" he is, so that he'd cry personal attack and feel like he "won", at which point it can end. It was the only strategy I could come up with for stifling the situation, maybe not the most ideal, but in my experience dealing with people that refuse to stop arguing a point you aren't even talking about all they are looking for is to make you "crack", so they can claim "win" on the internet. I gave him what he wanted, so as to not have it escalate or continue. Sorry, like I said, it was all I could come up with at the time as a means of knocking off the thread-derailing trolling he was forcing.

Someone has to explain how after the offense doing  a no show in what amounted to a playoff game in week 17 bringing in a guy who on Day 1 will have almost nothing to do with the offense will turn things around. Good luck with that. 

Dimitrioff and Piloli will be out of there within a season, if RYan doesn't manage to shoot himself in the foot first. If you look at the control freak regime Pioli ran in KC, this is like throwing gasoline on a dumpster fire.

Atlanta's defense is terrible. Geno had a 146 QBR facing them in the Georgia Dome. Rex has limitations as a head coach but he can coach up a defense.

Atlanta's defense is terrible. Geno had a 146 QBR facing them in the Georgia Dome. Rex has limitations as a head coach but he can coach up a defense.

I don't disagree but part of the reason their defense is so bad is the lack of talent.  Sure, they'll be better but for everyone to expect him to turn it around overnight is unrealistic. 

He would have if I didn't make that post. I asked him what "special kind of stupid" he is, so that he'd cry personal attack and feel like he "won", at which point it can end. It was the only strategy I could come up with for stifling the situation, maybe not the most ideal, but in my experience dealing with people that refuse to stop arguing a point you aren't even talking about all they are looking for is to make you "crack", so they can claim "win" on the internet. I gave him what he wanted, so as to not have it escalate or continue. Sorry, like I said, it was all I could come up with at the time as a means of knocking off the thread-derailing trolling he was forcing.

Wow.  You really don't know when its a good idea to just stop, do you?  Step away from the computer and count backwards from 10 or something.

Seriously?

Exactly, Max, a lot of thanks for noticing.  It seen that a little group of Rexihaters here are taking over the board hunting down every poster that has some praise for Rex. When someone says something nice about Rex, they come in droves like a wolfpack to attack the poster personally, not the content, look it up.  I don't have to attack anybody here personally in order to make my point across.  It is obvious that these posters can’t help themselves because it is personally with them and sadly have to resort to personal attack.  

Archived