Report: Dan Quinn Would Hire Kyle Shanahan as OC

32EBoozer

Report: Dan Quinn Would Hire Kyle Shanahan as OC

By Scott Salmon @ScottSalmon48 on Jan 8 2015, 7:35a 5

× Never miss Jets breaking news!
Follow Gang Green Nation on Twitter
Like Gang Green Nation Facebook

It seems more and more likely that the New York Jets will hire Dan Quinn as their next head coach. Of course, that may not happen if the team is unwilling to wait on what could be a long road to the Super Bowl for the Seattle Seahawks. The team may be afraid of losing out on some good assistant coaches if they can't hire the head coach for several more weeks.

Yet one interesting name is Kyle Shanahan. He is the current offensive coordinator of the Cleveland Browns, where he has spent one year since working as the offensive coordinator for the Washington Redskins. Shanahan has reportedly been put off by friction in the front office of the Browns, and wants out. The Browns are already considering replacements should he leave, including Charlie Weis. Both Brian Hoyer and Robert Griffin III have had their best years under Shanahan, so Shanahan's work with young quarterbacks is well-known.

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2015/1/8/7513109/report-dan-quinn-would-hire-kyle-shanahan-as-oc

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would ya'll be happy with little Shannahan?

If so... hope Daddy doesn't get a job and Cleveland lets him walk.

Paired with Quinn, hell yes.

Can someone tell me if his run scheme is same as Kubiak? I know ahanny has connectipns to kubiak so maybe. if yes, I'd be happy with it.

I think it is, similar at least. Zone blocking and all that good stuff.

Loved what he did in wash early on. A Quinn/shanny ticket is 100% something I could get on board with. That's actually a fairly exciting tandem.

As long as they both know that you are only allowed 11 guys on the field at one time so as to save TO's for when you really need them, I'm in. :winking0001:

I wouldn't hate this but not love it either....First time HC/DC (really wanted offensive guy with experience)  and an OC that would be on his 3rd job in three years, it's my experience that people that hop around in jobs so often is because they're not wanted in their current ones.

Plus - the likelihood of this seems highly unlikely...

1) Quinn is likely going to the Super Bowl ... and is mentioned with multiple teams

2) Shanahan is still under contract with another team. 

I'm not going to take these "reports" seriously there are too many moving parts.  But

if it did happen I wouldn't have a problem with that pairing.  I just didn't want Shanahan

as HC

Love love love the Kubiak zone blocking coaching tree. I realize elway was flipping awesome, but those Denver rings belong to Kubiak/OLine/Terrell Davis as much as anybody.

Fideliojet made good point about coach bouncing around though. Shanny bouncing around Gives me some pause. Shannahans rub people the wrong way or what? I always thought mike Shanahan seemed like a regular guy and not too much of a doosh during interviews? Hmm, who knows.

Shanny the Younger was pretty fail here in DC (both of them, tbqh).

But I could support a Quinn/Shanny tandum and HC/AsstHC-O.

At least it wouldn't be overtly objectionable.

Wasn't that more related to prima dona / injured RGIII

ESPN ...

Offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan and the Cleveland Browns have agreed to part ways Thursday, a source confirmed to ESPN.com.

Reports surfaced Wednesday that Shanahan was considering other options after he had soured on the job amid friction among the coaching staff and front office.

Shanahan is among several candidates to fill the head-coaching vacancy with the Buffalo Bills.

Quarterbacks coach Dowell Loggains also will leave the Browns, sources confirmed to ESPN.com.

FoxSports.com earlier reported the story.

The Bills, San Francisco 49ers and Oakland Raiders already have interviewed Mike Shanahan and would consider hiring the father-son duo with Mike as head coach and Kyle as offensive coordinator, Cleveland.com reported Wednesday.

Information from ESPN.com's Jeremy Fowler and Pat McManamon was used in this report.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12136623/offensive-coordinator-kyle-shanahan-leaving-cleveland-browns

Shanny the Younger was pretty fail here in DC (both of them, tbqh).

But I could support a Quinn/Shanny tandum and HC/AsstHC-O.

At least it wouldn't be overtly objectionable.

Feels a lot like Rex/Schotty to me...

Wasn't bad the first couple of years....I'm just so much against another DC - especially one with all the talent he has...

Here it is:

by Dom Consentino nj.com

The intrigue surrounding the Jets' head coaching job is starting to heat up.

Dan Quinn, the Seahawks' defensive coordinator who is a head coaching candidate with five teams, including the Jets, reportedly wants to hire Kyle Shanahan as his offensive coordinator. That detail was first reported Wednesday night by Jason Cole of Bleacher Report and confirmed Thursday morning by Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com.

Quinn, a Morristown native, has also interviewed with the Bills, Falcons, Bears, and 49ers. But Cole noted that there's a "strong chance" Quinn could land with the Jets, and Cabot's report specifically mentioned the Jets, too.

And, just to add to the drama, the first domino has already fallen: Shanahan officially resigned Thursday morning as the Browns' offensive coordinator, according to Alex Marvez of Fox Sports.

Shanahan spent one season as the Browns' OC after four years in the same role in Washington and two seasons doing it with the Texans. He is the son of former NFL head coach Mike Shanahan.

But there's a catch. Well, two catches, actually.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reported Thursday that Shanahan was also set to interview for the head coaching vacancy with the Bills. And Quinn, who interviewed with the Jets last Friday in Seattle, cannot be interviewed again or officially offered the job (wink wink) until the end of the Seahawks' season, which could run until the Super Bowl on Feb. 1.

Where's the Quinn-Shanahan connection that justifies the title?

There is none, hopefully Carolina beats Seattle this weekend ( doubt that happens) so all this speculation will be over with. Until that happens we don't know anything about who will get hired. This happens all the time with the Jets , we are supposed to sign this guy or hire this guy and we all end up disappointed.

Archived