Cleveland Browns, Kyle Shanahan part ways

SickJetFan

Integrity do you really think Quinn's the guy?

Im not sold on Quinn either.

Not really seeing anything above average.

When he came the Jets they made such a big deal about how they stole him from Miami

but we ended up getting an even better DL coach

Rex was a DL coach turned DC turned HC

Dunbar better than both of them

Hell I would prefer Bowels over Quinn because Bowels coached the game from a db\safety point of view which is a lot more complex than a DL.  Why do you think Rex had his best seasons here when we had the best CBs.

When he came the Jets they made such a big deal about how they stole him from Miami

Hell I would prefer Bowels over Quinn because Bowels coached the game from a dbsafety point of view which is a lot more complex than a DL. Why do you think Rex had his best seasons here when we had the best CBs.

I'm not a member of the Bowels Movement

Hell I would prefer Bowels over Quinn because Bowels coached the game from a db\safety point of view which is a lot more complex than a DL.  Why do you think Rex had his best seasons here when we had the best CBs.

Agree, nothing particularly exciting here - just another risky choice on a short term DC - with only 2 years as an NFL DC and no HC experience ....It's not like Seattle runs an elaborate defense - they just have an immense amount of talent.

This choice really worries me.

I would be happy with this.....

Shanahan Sr. as HC would be a smart move.

I also think this speaks volumes about Johnny Manziel, Shanahan probably wants to get his Rep as far away from him as possible, he is the type of kid that can ruin reputations, and Careers.

I am not sure why everyone is so crazy about Dunbar. That D-line may be the most talented in football... how could the d-line coach not look good? I'm not saying he can't coach, but we are 3 deep on every d-line position. Just sayin

well D-Line was pretty good pre-Sheldon

I think u can credit Snacks to him as well - at least snacks does.

I am not sure why everyone is so crazy about Dunbar. That D-line may be the most talented in football... how could the d-line coach not look good? I'm not saying he can't coach, but we are 3 deep on every d-line position. Just sayin

It's the nature vs. nurture argument...

Are we three deep because he's coached them all to be good - or have we just hit on a lot of D-linemen ?

People that believes it's the latter are high on Dunbar.

It's the nature vs. nurture argument...

Are we three deep because he's coached them all to be good - or have we just hit on a lot of D-linemen ?

People that believes it's the latter are high on Dunbar.

Well Dunbar did have success in Minn too but I suppose you are right - we dont know if it was personnel or coaching but that could be said about all the candidates.

I would take that as opposed to the almost 20 years of first time-defensive HC's...

Since Elway left, Shanahan has been mediocre, capped by his abysmal run in Washington.   I would rather take a chance on a fresh face, who MAY turn out to be something special, rather than a retread whose best days are 17 years behind him. 

Since Elway left, Shanahan has been mediocre, capped by his abysmal run in Washington.   I would rather take a chance on a fresh face, who MAY turn out to be something special, rather than a retread whose best days are 17 years behind him. 

He was actually doing well in Washington until RGIII starting acting like a petulant child...He also had RGIII playing well as a Rookie (hasn't played that well since) until he got hurt...

I would certainly prefer to bring him in over any first timer...or any of the other retread's we're hearing.

Rolling the dice on hoping to find someone special - it's just a big long shot...Bring in a guy that knows how to be an executive...

Integrity do you really think Quinn's the guy?

No idea. I like his makeup, he took a similar path to that of Rex, and it wasn't all terrible having a defensive guru leading the team - however, the sense I get from Quinn (from the things I've read about his approach and his requirements for taking a HC gig) is he is much more tuned into what he thinks he needs as a HC to be successful. You see a lot of people saying Quinn = Rex because they both have defensive backgrounds, that's absurd. I think Quinn has exhibited foresight beyond any I ever saw from Rex. 

He strikes me as a guy that'll stay right where he is until he gets exactly what he wants in a situation to move into. Rex wasn't that. Rex just wanted a HC gig to show Baltimore they were wrong.

At the end of the day, I don't know. I do however, like his potential. I'm more interested in seeing what he and Shanny Jr. can do, than seeing Marrone.

No idea. I like his makeup, he took a similar path to that of Rex, and it wasn't all terrible having a defensive guru leading the team - however, the sense I get from Quinn (from the things I've read about his approach and his requirements for taking a HC gig) is he is much more tuned into what he thinks he needs as a HC to be successful. You see a lot of people saying Quinn = Rex because they both have defensive backgrounds, that's absurd. I think Quinn has exhibited foresight beyond any I ever saw from Rex.

He strikes me as a guy that'll stay right where he is until he gets exactly what he wants in a situation to move into. Rex wasn't that. Rex just wanted a HC gig to show Baltimore they were wrong.

At the end of the day, I don't know. I do however, like his potential. I'm more interested in seeing what he and Shanny Jr. can do, than seeing Marrone.

I initially wanted Quinn, over the past week or so I've been leaning more to Bowles. Today's news about Shanny has me torn again. I guess I'd be happy with either.

I initially wanted Quinn, over the past week or so I've been leaning more to Bowles. Today's news about Shanny has me torn again. I guess I'd be happy with either.

That's pretty much how I feel, but I feel like Quinn has been more assertive in making it known he's not going to budge unless he gets what he thinks he needs. I like that.

not sold on shanahan

Well, RG3 had a great rookie year under him & when he went down Cousins looked really good. I know Cleveland has underwhelmed a little this year, which I can see makes ya nervous but he does have a successful track record.

That's pretty much how I feel, but I feel like Quinn has been more assertive in making it known he's not going to budge unless he gets what he thinks he needs. I like that.

I think a Mac Quinn Shanny (insert DC) staff would be way better than anything we've had in a long time.

I'm not going to speak negatively about him either - but it's somewhat hard to gauge his effectiveness when he's as stacked as Rexy stacked him.

If they make him DC - he will inherit arguably the worst defensive backfield in football and I'd rather have a DC that's been effective and successful in working all the components of a defense as my guy. 

is his dad interviewing in buffalo or is kyle interviewing in buffalo ?  oh crap they both are  !!  (possibly)

I really wish Woody would stop p*ssyfooting around and pay Mike Shanahan to come here and be the HC.  The guy can coach up the qb position.  The fact that RG3 turned out to be a dirtbag vindicates him - it's a miracle Shanny got even 1 productive year out of that guy.

Archived