Marvez: Dan Quinn will be next Jets head coach

Jetfan13

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully this former Defensive Coordinator soon to be head coach can have more success then the last defensive coordinator Head Coach Rex Ryan.

Dan Quinn seems capable of being a head coach. He's a New Jersey Native which is also good atleast he will know the State that he will soon coach in.

It will probably take awhile before the jets really show success with a new coach. Atleast the Jets will still be a defensive minded team for the most part.

So the defensive strategies will still be used affectively just like they were when Rex Ryan was the coach. I hope Quinn is knowledgeable about both sides of the ball offensively and defensively because that would be great.Rex Ryan clearly wasn't knowledgeable about the offense and that cost the jets sometimes. Good Luck and Go Jets!

Oh god, I hope he's not our head coach. Look how well Bradley is working out for the Jags. Would much rather have Marrone or Bowles.

People are individuals, maybe Bradley just isn't  good head coach.  He could end up being the next Norv Turner, theres no proof that coaches from Seattle should be looked at as risky.

Based on??

Bowles had his defense playing lights out even with all the injuries. That defense is the reason why the Cardinals made the playoffs. Quinn just coached a defense that was already stacked and got the previous dc a head coaching job. Marrone turned teams around in every place he's been.

Bowles had his defense playing lights out even with all the injuries. That defense is the reason why the Cardinals made the playoffs. Quinn just coached a defense that was already stacked and got the previous dc a head coaching job. Marrone turned teams around in every place he's been.

Gloom and

i'm not impress with seattle defense. They have good players but the defense is plain, no schemes like a Rex defense. Quinn is only getting by with good players on this defense. the JETS will suffer is this dude is the head coach.

Doom

Please name me a HC who has won a SB who you would describe as having Swagger???

Pete Carroll I suppose but after that? Swagger and SB's seem to be oil and vinegar. Id take a more cerebral coach anyday.

Tomlin. I mean, I agree with you overall, but guys with personalities like Idk...Joe Philbin or Marc Trestman don't exactly come off as a "leader of men"

How'd that defense look against the Panthers last weekend? The offense may have not been able to do sh*t but they got gashed in the run and made the Panthers wideouts look like studs. I like Bowles but I'm not gonna sit here and pretend he is my favorite of the group. For all the credit he's getting, people forget he coached the 2012 Eagles defense and they f*cking sucked.

Oh god, I hope he's not our head coach. Look how well Bradley is working out for the Jags. Would much rather have Marrone or Bowles.

Why would we look an different person to evaluate Quinn? What good does that do? Do you want to evaluated that way? Or do you want to be judged by your own credentials?

Why would we look an different person to evaluate Quinn? What good does that do? Do you want to evaluated that way? Or do you want to be judged by your own credentials?

What it shows is that damn near anybody could coach that defense to be the best in the NFL. That team is stacked beyond belief. I'm also not a fan of getting another dc head coach who probably isn't even as good at coaching defenses as our last guy.

How'd that defense look against the Panthers last weekend? The offense may have not been able to do sh*t but they got gashed in the run and made the Panthers wideouts look like studs. I like Bowles but I'm not gonna sit here and pretend he is my favorite of the group. For all the credit he's getting, people forget he coached the 2012 Eagles defense and they f*cking sucked.

That defense kept that sorry ass offense in it for most of the game. I remember the defense getting an interception on Newton, only for Lindley to throw another pick on the next play.

What it shows is that damn near anybody could coach that defense to be the best in the NFL. That team is stacked beyond belief. I'm also not a fan of getting another dc head coach who probably isn't even as good at coaching defenses as our last guy.

+1. 

Quinn is the flavor of the month but that defense was great before him and will be great after him. 

+1. 

Quinn is the flavor of the month but that defense was great before him and will be great after him. 

It's amazing, people are labeling this guy as a genius for running a vanilla defense that is predicated on having a bunch of pro bowlers. Their's a reason why Rex and other dc's have to call up exotic plays and hide defenses, it's done to mask deficiencies. If people think that Seahawks vanilla defense will work with the Jets their fooling themselves. We don't have the dbs to run that defense, Brady would shred us.

+1.

It's amazing, people are labeling this guy as a genius for running a vanilla defense that is predicated on having a bunch of pro bowlers. Their's a reason why Rex and other dc's have to call up exotic plays and hide defenses, it's done to mask deficiencies. If people think that Seahawks vanilla defense will work with the Jets their fooling themselves. We don't have the dbs to run that defense, Brady would shred us.

Who needs Manish Mehta?

Gotta love the media. First everyone was on the Marrone wagon, nothing happened. Now every reporter coming out with the Quinn talk. Next week will be someone else.

I do hope its Quinn..... a Morris County, ( NJ ) guy.   I don't like Marrone..  he never smiles.

Bringing in Byron Maxwell and Malcolm Smith(reserve on Seattle starter for us) would help bring that talent and tenacity to our back 7

Add Ken Norton JR. as DC and I think our Defense will improve.

+1. 

Seattle's defense has been #1 in points and #1 in yards allowed in the two years that Dan Quinn has been their DC. If I'm not mistaken, it's the first time in league history that a team has been #1 in both categories two years in a row. Sure, he's got some great talent there, but to imply that he's simply riding that talent is probably flat-out wrong.

You didn't think the Tuna had Swag?? And Tomlin was left a SB ready team I think they are on their way down even the lowly Jets kicked their butt..LOL

Yeah...Tuna had swag IMO. But that's a long time ago.

SB ready team???? perhaps but their track record is much better than ours. They started off poorly this year but won big games. After 5 games...most wrote them off.

we started strong for a game and a half and our coaching was a large part of several of our losses.

Tomlin doesn't lose games,... REX does via their decisions.

Bringing in Byron Maxwell and Malcolm Smith(reserve on Seattle starter for us) would help bring that talent and tenacity to our back 7

Add Ken Norton JR. as DC and I think our Defense will improve.

Unless were adding Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor and Wagner, it won't matter. That defense is largely predicated on Earl Thomas being the best free safety in the league.

Seattle's defense has been #1 in points and #1 in yards allowed in the two years that Dan Quinn has been their DC. If I'm not mistaken, it's the first time in league history that a team has been #1 in both categories two years in a row. Sure, he's got some great talent there, but to imply that he's simply riding that talent is probably flat-out wrong.

Thats exactly what Im implying. Do you think Seattle's defense will suddenly stop being dominant next year ? What has Quinn shown to anyone that separates him from other DC's? Those players were developed under Gus Bradley who is now a Head coach. Its an Allstar defense. It was extremely successful before Quinn and will be just as good next year with another DC. Same deal as Adam Gase in Denver. 

In Seattle there is no special scheme - no amazing play calls on defense. Its a simple defense and Sherman, Chancelor and Thomas erase all mistakes.  Try to do that when your best secondary player is Marcus Williams.  I do not hate this guy at all - But he is not the reason Seattle is special - and thats the reason we are hiring him. 

Yeah...Tuna had swag IMO. But that's a long time ago.

SB ready team???? perhaps but their track record is much better than ours. They started off poorly this year but won big games. After 5 games...most wrote them off.

we started strong for a game and a half and our coaching was a large part of several of our losses.

Tomlin doesn't lose games,... REX does via their decisions.

If Rex tried to block a player like Tomlin did you would be killing him..

Archived