Marvez: Dan Quinn will be next Jets head coach

Jetfan13

dude.. we saw when Leonard got hurt how critical he was to that defense... + Bart Scott ... 2009 was all about having the best defense in football and those guys alone played a huge role and were brought here by Rex.

And acting like Rex was at fault for the crappy Roster Idzik put together is absurd. What HC would want that much money on the sidelines?

Rex had plenty of faults but you guys are over the top

JIM LEONHARD

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dude.. we saw when Leonard got hurt how critical he was to that defense... + Bart Scott ... 2009 was all about having the best defense in football and those guys alone played a huge role and were brought here by Rex.

And acting like Rex was at fault for the crappy Roster Idzik put together is absurd. What HC would want that much money on the sidelines?

Rex had plenty of faults but you guys are over the top

Like I said, Idzik was hired and responsible for stopping the downward spiral of this roster, which happened on Rex's watch. He failed, I don't think I'm saying it's not Idzik's fault, what I am saying is that the problem was bigger than just last year.

Over the last 15 years - 10 of the Superbowls have been won by coaches that were with at least their 2nd team as HC - "retreads" as people like to call them.

I get the retread argument.  Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick were retreads.  That said I don't see any great retread candidates out there unless Woody's willing to spend the money on Mike Shanahan or we can wait until the Ravens get eliminated to talk to Kubiak.

Kubiak would make a lot of sense for us.  I hate Matt Schaub but if Kubiak was here I'd be open to signing him at least Schaub knows the guy's playbook.

YR1: playoffs with Mangini/Tanny/Rex roster

YR2: playoffs with Mangini/Tanny/Rex roster

YR3: disaster with Tanny/Rex roster

YR4: disaster with Tanny/Rex roster = Rex 2.0, Tanny fired

YR5: over-achievement with Tanny/Rex/Idzik roster = keep Rex again

YR6: disaster with Rex/Idzik roster = everyone fired

Over the course of Rex's tenure he dismantled this team. That's 6 years, versus the one shit year last year from Idzik. Rex was responsible for the downward spiral, Idzik was responsible for not bringing that downward spiral to a halt, and instead making it worse.

You have to be a delusional head-case or just completely biased not to understand how this works.

Even when I agree with you, your arrogance just amazes me.

I get the retread argument.  Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick were retreads.  That said I don't see any great retread candidates out there unless Woody's willing to spend the money on Mike Shanahan or we can wait until the Ravens get eliminated to talk to Kubiak.

Kubiak would make a lot of sense for us.  I hate Matt Schaub but if Kubiak was here I'd be open to signing him at least Schaub knows the guy's playbook.

wouldn't mind kubiak either, but looks like this thing is almost a done deal. but i'd vote no to schaub. where team is now let's at least get a theoretically higher upside stiff to push whichever rookie we draft (like bradford or locker)

wouldn't mind kubiak either, but looks like this thing is almost a done deal. but i'd vote no to schaub. where team is now let's at least get a theoretically higher upside stiff to push whichever rookie we draft (like bradford or locker)

Prefer Locker of Bradford - but I would be excited about either (I mean excited understanding what's out there)

Even when I agree with you, your arrogance just amazes me.

It's sort of how CTM and I go back and forth. He's one of my oldest e-friends... I'd like to light him on fire and then put him out by rolling him in broken glass.

It's sort of how CTM and I go back and forth. He's one of my oldest e-friends... I'd like to light him on fire and then put him out by rolling him in broken glass.

I was going to post I remember a poster like you that was on JI and then I realized that was you who left during the Exodus..LOL 

Archived