NFL News- Miami Dolphins

faba

Miami Dolphins: Gus Frerotte has canceled a trip to Denver and has agreed to sign a contract with the Miami Dolphins to be a backup quarterback.

The current Vikings backup decided Monday that negotiations were close enough with the Dolphins that he would allow his agent, Marvin Demoff, to work out the final details of a contract. Terms of that deal will be finished up over the next 24 hours.

Frerotte was the personal choice of new Dolphins offensive coordinator Scott Linehan to replace Jay Fiedler, who was released and eventually signed with the New York Jets. A.J. Feeley is expected to go into the season as the starting quarterback for new head coach Nick Saban.

Frerotte, 33, will be joining his sixth team. He's been with the Redskins, Lions, Broncos, Bengals, Vikings and now the Dolphins during his 11-year career.

Dolphins cut ties with Konrad: The Dolphins released oft-injured fullback Rob Konrad.

The 28-year-old Konrad was inactive for the Dolphins' first three games last season with a bursal infection in his thigh before going on injured reserve. He started one game and played in a reserve role nine times before going back on the IR on Dec. 15th with a back injury suffered three days before at Denver.

Konrad had just two carries for 18 yards and eight receptions for 69 yards and a TD last season, his sixth in the league.

also from KFFL it looks like they may be the front runners for Plaxico,(KFFL)since Drew is his new agent.Konrad is being released-watch the Patriots pick up the home town hero

Konrad's actually not a bad fullback. I remember when Bryan Cox made fun of him before The Monday Night Miracle Game in 2000.

Konrad took it personal and pancaked Cox like 5 times in that game. One which was a really long run by Lamar Smith.

That's the only time, I ever laughed at against my own team or one of my players. Cox got what he deserved.

Konrad's actually not a bad fullback. I remember when Bryan Cox made fun of him before The Monday Night Miracle Game in 2000.

Konrad took it personal and pancaked Cox like 5 times in that game. One which was a really long run by Lamar Smith.

That's the only time, I ever laughed at against my own team or one of my players. Cox got what he deserved.

I wonder if his health issues are the cause for this?

If healthy, I would prefer him over Pass any day of the week.

Feely, Ferrote, Rosenfels.

Nice 3 QB's for 05 Miami. :lol::lol::lol:

Whose gonna be your starting back? Lamar Gordon?

Miami you know will do something idiotic and take someone like Derrick Johnson.

It wouldn't be a bad idea, JFIS124. Not the way I look at it.

Sabin loves the 3-4, and Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor do not really fit that type of D.

Draft Derrick Johnson, trade Surtain for a 2nd and use that pick to draft Morency from OSU, or use Chicago's 3rd to draft Ryan Moats, Marion Barber III, etc. Or if they do get the 2nd rounder, use it on Alex Smith or Jason Campbell.

There is so much depth at RB this year, that Miami stands a good chance to get a good back, even if they don't use their #1 on one

The Rams have offered a contract to Orlando Pace that is slightly higher than the one Walter Jones signed last month.

Pace is expected to finally sign with the Rams long-term today. The proposed deal would give $18 million in bonus money, and be worth $26 million over the first three years of the deal. Marc Bulger and Torry Holt owners rejoice. Mar. 16 - 10:11 am et

Source: St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Archived