Sign in to follow this  
Jetman_67

With Quinn, Expect a Ground and Pound Offense

You know, if you asked every team in the NFL if they thought being able to play great defense and run the ball at will was important to them, I bet they'd say yes.

The stigma that "ground and pound" is a bad thing is the unfortunate side-effect of having had a coach use it as a sales pitch to the fans for 6 years. We were good at it when Rex got here, the offensive line and combination of Thomas Jones and Tony Richardson was the strength of the team. As those guys moved-on and Tanny, Rex and Idzik have not done a good enough job re-tooling.

Anyway, all that being said, there's nothing wrong with stifling defense, and having a run-first mentality, especially if we end up with a young QB (or game manager type). Even the teams with the best QBs in the league have made defense and the running game a priority. Look at where the Pats and Broncos spent their free agent money coming into this season.

G&P can work as long as you don't pass like a A$$ which was our problem most of the time.. :animal0029:

If Shanny is the OC, I don't see it being ground and pound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whats more important who will the QB be?? Geno don't throw or get a win with Winston??LOL

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company